Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vandermolen

Quote from: Mirror Image on March 17, 2021, 06:55:57 AM
Yes, I always found his leaving to be strange because, to my knowledge, I don't believe anyone here upset him. Of course, something could've been happening in his personal life that none of us knew anything about.
Yes, that's quite true, although if I had something bad happening in my personal life I'm not sure that my immediate response would be to pull the plug on my GMG membership, which often provides a welcome distraction from stressful periods. I like to think that I would not do it without warning either - but who knows?
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

milk

What happened to Zambyrd? Just curious. Looks like she disappeared? She started a few threads I still follow.

MusicTurner

Quote from: milk on March 21, 2021, 01:55:00 AM
What happened to Zambyrd? Just curious. Looks like she disappeared? She started a few threads I still follow.

There was a very serious issue with health in her family that came to occupy her.

Mirror Image

Quote from: vandermolen on March 21, 2021, 01:00:06 AM
Yes, that's quite true, although if I had something bad happening in my personal life I'm not sure that my immediate response would be to pull the plug on my GMG membership, which often provides a welcome distraction from stressful periods. I like to think that I would not do it without warning either - but who knows?

I guess, depending on who it is of course, they'd like to keep their personal life private. Unlike mine, in which, I really have nothing to share. :P I don't know...his leaving just is downright bizarre and I have no idea why he felt the need to delete his account in the process.

milk

Quote from: MusicTurner on March 21, 2021, 06:22:23 AM
There was a very serious issue with health in her family that came to occupy her.
I'm sad to hear that.

Cato

Quote from: Mirror Image on March 01, 2021, 05:42:13 PM
I've mentioned him before, but it's worth mentioning again: I miss Dancing Divertimentian, but also Luke and Peter (Moonfish).

Do you mean Luke Ottevanger, one of England's best yet seemingly unknown composers?

His piano works were full of Scriabinian DNA!  Excellent creations!

His wife appears now and then on FaceBook, but he has gone - with me at least - incommunicado.  I have tried his e-mail address, but no response.

Perhaps the vicissitudes of rearing a family in the past years were too much.  Still...
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

Mirror Image

Quote from: Cato on March 22, 2021, 10:27:27 AM
Do you mean Luke Ottevanger, one of England's best yet seemingly unknown composers?

His piano works were full of Scriabinian DNA!  Excellent creations!

His wife appears now and then on FaceBook, but he has gone - with me at least - incommunicado.  I have tried his e-mail address, but no response.

Perhaps the vicissitudes of rearing a family in the past years were too much.  Still...

Yep, that Luke. :) It seems that he does have his hands full with other things and I hope his busy is of the good variety.

vandermolen

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Brahmsian

I'm curious if anyone knows where Bogey (Bill) has gone? It seems he hasn't been active for a couple of years.

Mirror Image

Quote from: OrchestralNut on March 23, 2021, 04:04:43 AM
I'm curious if anyone knows where Bogey (Bill) has gone? It seems he hasn't been active for a couple of years.

Bogey made a reappearance several years ago, but it seems he's MIA again. :-\

Mirror Image

I haven't seen Sarge in awhile. It seems that his presence on this forum is becoming less and less. I hope his health is good and the same goes for his family.

vandermolen

Quote from: Mirror Image on April 09, 2021, 07:51:20 PM
I haven't seen Sarge in awhile. It seems that his presence on this forum is becoming less and less. I hope his health is good and the same goes for his family.
+1

The new erato

Quote from: Mirror Image on April 09, 2021, 07:51:20 PM
Wondering about him recently as well and hoping for the best.

premont

According to Sarge's profile he was active three days ago.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Sergeant Rock

Thank you guys for your concern. I'm okay. I didn't realize I hadn't checked in in three days. Times flies when you're old and forgetful  ;D

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Karl Henning

Good to know, old bean!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Florestan

Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on April 10, 2021, 07:30:08 AM
Good to know, old bean!

Quote from: Florestan on April 10, 2021, 07:39:27 AM
+ 1

This is the first time in my life that I've been called Old Bean. Love it  ;D

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Mirror Image

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on April 10, 2021, 07:09:49 AM
Thank you guys for your concern. I'm okay. I didn't realize I hadn't checked in in three days. Times flies when you're old and forgetful  ;D

Sarge

Good to see you alive and kickin', you ol' geezer. :P

Florestan

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on April 10, 2021, 07:50:32 AM
This is the first time in my life that I've been called Old Bean. Love it  ;D

Sarge

I read it "old bear" actually --- quite appropriate, I'd say.  :laugh:
Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini