Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karl Henning

Quote from: Christo on June 05, 2021, 08:23:52 AM
Happy not to be missed, AFAIK. But I hardly posted anything since my cardiac arrest in February with its many consequences (was kept in coma for four days and am only slowly recovering since then). Good to see you all here, so many good old friends. As soon as I can listen to music again - which is hardly the case now - I hope to be back! Warm wishes, Johan  :)

Keep mending, Johan! Delighted to hear from you!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

MusicTurner

Best wishes and regards from here too!

aligreto

You have a PM Johan.

Mirror Image

Happy not to be missed, AFAIK. But I hardly posted anything since my cardiac arrest in February with its many consequences (was kept in coma for four days and am only slowly recovering since then). Good to see you all here, so many good old friends. As soon as I can listen to music again - which is hardly the case now - I hope to be back! Warm wishes, Johan  :)

Johan! I haven't forgotten about you! I'm truly sorry to hear what has happened to you --- I really am. You've been such a great friend to me through the years and someone who has been wonderful to talk to especially all things Vaughan Williams! If you need anything, a friend to talk to or just someone to vent to, I'm here for you. I hope everything gets better for you. All my best.

Spotted Horses

Shocked to hear you suffered this, gratified to hear that you are recovering.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

Florestan

A very speedy recovery and best wishes from me too, Johan. You'll be in my prayers.
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

prémont

Thinking of you. Happy, that you have passed the serious crisis and hoping that you soon will regain your powers and be able to carry a more normal life.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Brahmsian

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Johan. And it is wonderful to hear from you!

Iota

A terrible thing to have gone through! I wish you all fortitude and a following wind in your recovery.

vandermolen

You were certainly missed by me Johan. In fact a few days ago I checked when you were last online and noticed that it was quite recently. However, I am so sorry to hear that news my friend and wish you strength in your recovery.
I will be in touch
Jeffrey

PS Have sent PM
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Ganondorf

All the best for you, Christo!

vandermolen

I hope that Christo is able to return soon as I miss his contributions.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Mirror Image

Quote from: vandermolen on June 07, 2021, 09:53:24 AM
I hope that Christo is able to return soon as I miss his contributions.

Hear, hear! I concur. Johan has always made GMG a pleasure to visit.

Mirror Image

I'm going to be taking a long hiatus from classical to explore some other musical interests. Take care everyone!

Brahmsian

Quote from: Mirror Image on June 08, 2021, 02:00:03 PM
I'm going to be taking a long hiatus from classical to explore some other musical interests. Take care everyone!

Huh??  ???

Symphonic Addict

Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

kyjo

I'm so sorry to hear this, Johan. I wish you a speedy recovery and quick return to GMG! :)
"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" - Sergei Rachmaninoff

Wanderer

And scene. Another dramatic exit. What's astounding is how people still take the bait on this kind of narcissistic posts/"declarations".  ::)

Wanderer

Be well, Johan! My heartfelt wishes for an as-speedy-as-possible and full recovery. Music might help, too. Περαστικά!  :)

steve ridgway