Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madiel

My classical listening was more or less derailed by Eurovision. This wasn't planned in advance. I though I might have got back on the wagon the other night with a Beethoven piano trio but since then I haven't really felt the urge.

I don't know if anyone missed me, there wasn't even a Geelong AFL game to talk about.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Mirror Image

Quote from: Wanderer on June 08, 2021, 08:29:40 PM
And scene. Another dramatic exit. What's astounding is how people still take the bait on this kind of narcissistic posts/"declarations".  ::)

What's astounding is you felt the need to write this in the first-place. I'm not baiting anyone --- this isn't the kind of person I am. If you feel that I am, then you're wrong and you don't know me at all.

Papy Oli

Quote from: Madiel on June 09, 2021, 06:08:19 AM
I don't know if anyone missed me, there wasn't even a Geelong AFL game to talk about.

Hang in there, one more sleep !  8)

See, byes are a nuisance  ;D 
Olivier

Mirror Image

Quote from: Madiel on June 09, 2021, 06:08:19 AM
My classical listening was more or less derailed by Eurovision. This wasn't planned in advance. I though I might have got back on the wagon the other night with a Beethoven piano trio but since then I haven't really felt the urge.

Good to see you back, Madiel. 8)

Que

Quote from: Mirror Image on June 08, 2021, 02:00:03 PM
I'm going to be taking a long hiatus from classical to explore some other musical interests. Take care everyone!

Take care, bye!

André

Quote from: Que on June 09, 2021, 08:39:20 AM
Take care, bye!

I'm afraid  John's account has been compromised. He (?) said he was going to be away for a long time, and just a few hours later he (?) is back. Will the real John please stand up ? :D

Brahmsian

Quote from: André on June 09, 2021, 09:13:31 AM
I'm afraid  John's account has been compromised. He (?) said he was going to be away for a long time, and just a few hours later he (?) is back. Will the real John please stand up ? :D

It's that Italian opera fan that hacked into his account a week or two ago.  :D ;). Who ordered a bunch of Puccini operas.  :laugh:

Mirror Image

Haha...:P I still need to get to those Puccini operas. ::) ;)

Wanderer

Quote from: Mirror Image on June 09, 2021, 06:33:53 AM
I'm not baiting anyone --- this isn't the kind of person I am.

Of course not, because you're not transparent at all. All it took was someone to call you out on your latest narcissistic "I'm leaving" declaration for it to lose its raison d'être and voilà! your interest in classical music was magically rekindled. Welcome back!  ;D

Mirror Image

Quote from: Wanderer on June 09, 2021, 11:14:57 AM
Of course not, because you're not transparent at all. All it took was someone to call you out on your latest narcissistic "I'm leaving" declaration for it to lose its raison d'être and voilà! your interest in classical music was magically rekindled. Welcome back!  ;D

I'm always interested in classical music and, honestly, shouldn't you spend your own time worried about yourself than someone else? Go look yourself in the mirror, because the mirror doesn't lie and you're a jaded, bitter person who would rather make speculative and judgmental posts about someone you don't know rather than actually using that time to make musical posts, which are far more interesting. Get off your fucking high horse and let me have my fun.

Wanderer

Quote from: Mirror Image on June 09, 2021, 11:23:41 AM
I'm always interested in classical music and, honestly, shouldn't you spend your own time worried about yourself than someone else? Go look yourself in the mirror, because the mirror doesn't lie and you're a jaded, bitter person who would rather make speculative and judgmental posts about someone you don't know rather than actually using that time to make musical posts, which are far more interesting. Get off your fucking high horse and let me have my fun.

Oh, I'm sorry, textbook narcissist, is holding a mirror to your face spoiling your fun in the "missing members" thread? 🤷‍♂️🥳😉

Mirror Image

Anyway...I know I've lamented his departure but I'll mention him again, I miss Dancing Divertimentian. But also special mention to Peter (Moonfish). We've lost a lot of good members no thanks to members like Todd and Wanderer who certainly dirty up this forum.

Mirror Image

Okay, everyone....

I just wanted to announce that...I'M BACK!!! [Insert fireworks and balloons floating into the horizon]

Sincerely,

The Textbook Narcissist :P

André

You're never far from our hearts, John !  ;)

Cato

Quote from: Mirror Image on June 09, 2021, 11:53:35 AM
Okay, everyone....

I just wanted to announce that...I'M BACK!!! [Insert fireworks and balloons floating into the horizon]

Sincerely,

Ask and ye shall receive!    0:)

"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

Madiel

Quote from: Wanderer on June 09, 2021, 11:14:57 AM

Look, it's not as if he declared a departure from the forum. Merely that he didn't expect to be listening to classical music for a while.

It was no more than a preemptive statement that might prevent the "where's John" posts on this very same thread.

Instead we have a whole discussion. If we think this is narcissistic, all you've done is feed it.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

vandermolen

Quote from: Mirror Image on June 09, 2021, 11:53:35 AM
Okay, everyone....

Sincerely,

Excellent News!  :)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Brian

I was going to reply to a MI post this morning and thought "oh, he left, he won't see it" but since then he's posted like 25 more times  ;D

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Karl Henning

Quote from: Brian on June 09, 2021, 02:32:07 PM
I was going to reply to a MI post this morning and thought "oh, he left, he won't see it" but since then he's posted like 25 more times  ;D

(* chortle *)
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot