Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirror Image

Quote from: vandermolen on October 16, 2021, 08:27:32 AM
I agree - to me it seems quite aggressive, especially if done without any explanation, but others may well disagree. Isn't there some modern expression for this - like 'deleting' someone?

I'm not sure, Jeffrey, but it is a bit strange. Ken B left in a similar way without much explanation and, of course, cilgwyn who remains a complete mystery.

Mirror Image

Quote from: springrite on October 16, 2021, 09:10:31 AM
Well, that because you:
   1: knew you'd come back;
   2: are too lazy...

Hey Paul! Long-time, no see! And yes to both. :D

vandermolen

Quote from: Spotted Horses on October 16, 2021, 09:37:06 AM
Deleting your account does not result in the deletion of any posts. I just means you can't log in anymore, you can't receive PMs and members cannot see a list of your posts linked to your member profile.
Fair enough. Thanks for the explanation.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Mirror Image

You know, it's been strange seeing Paul (springrite) come back and then just disappear. I hope he's okay. He hasn't posted anything in months with the exception of the reply he made to one of my posts in this thread.

vandermolen

Quote from: Mirror Image on October 26, 2021, 07:04:39 PM
You know, it's been strange seeing Paul (springrite) come back and then just disappear. I hope he's okay. He hasn't posted anything in months with the exception of the reply he made to one of my posts in this thread.
Yes, I hope so too John.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Madiel

Quote from: Mirror Image on October 26, 2021, 07:04:39 PM

Hasn't he always been a bit intermittent? I have memories of him sometimes referring to life (yes, some people have those apparently).
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Mirror Image

Quote from: Madiel on October 27, 2021, 01:09:10 AM
Hasn't he always been a bit intermittent? I have memories of him sometimes referring to life (yes, some people have those apparently).

Yes, I suppose so, but it's just strange seeing him pop up out of the blue to post to one of my posts and then disappear again.

Mandryka

Does anyone know if Some Guy is OK?
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

MusicTurner

Quote from: Madiel on October 27, 2021, 01:09:10 AM

True - and even a possible explanation ... :)

Spotted Horses

Quote from: Mandryka on November 29, 2021, 01:06:52 AM
Does anyone know if Some Guy is OK?

I've communicated with him outside of GMG. He has expressed the opinion that GMG is not hospitable so I think he has simply lost interest in participating. He deleted his facebook about a year ago because of dissatisfaction with facebook's conduct. He has a web site which he hasn't updated recently. I think he has scaled back his social media participation generally. Travel is a big part of his life so I imagine the pandemic and its travel restrictions has been a big burden for him.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

MusicTurner

Overall, that's good to hear however, since there was also an issue with health.

Spotted Horses

Quote from: MusicTurner on November 29, 2021, 05:40:15 AM
That's good to hear, since there was also an issue with health.

I wasn't aware of a health issue. Last I heard from him was a year ago so I don't have any "data" relating to that issue. I also hope he is ok.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

Florestan

Quote from: Spotted Horses on November 29, 2021, 05:41:38 AM
I wasn't aware of a health issue. Last I heard from him was a year ago so I don't have any "data" relating to that issue.

He is under treatment for cancer if I recall correctly. Hopefully everything's alright with him.
Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

Mirror Image

Members come and go, but I've learned not to worry about it --- they'll be back or they won't. I've been trying my best to just get on with things recently.

some guy

I am "OK," as far as that goes.

I still have cancer, and also I broke my back recently.

But I am back in Europe and so relatively content. I take my meds and feel fine, as fine as possible.

Thanks for asking! Apparently, I've been lurking just on the off-chance that someone would ask.  :)

MusicTurner

Very good to hear from you, and happy travels/experiences !

Karl Henning

Quote from: some guy on December 01, 2021, 10:08:16 AM
I am "OK," as far as that goes.

I still have cancer, and also I broke my back recently.

But I am back in Europe and so relatively content. I take my meds and feel fine, as fine as possible.

Thanks for asking! Apparently, I've been lurking just on the off-chance that someone would ask.  :)

Feel finer!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

André

Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter

Spotted Horses

Quote from: some guy on December 01, 2021, 10:08:16 AMThanks for asking! Apparently, I've been lurking just on the off-chance that someone would ask.  :)

Good thing someone did! All the best.