Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ritter

Good to know he's fine....

Karl Henning

Quote from: Dry Brett Kavanaugh on June 08, 2022, 02:02:14 PM
He is taking a temporary sabbatical from the GMG, and enjoying watching Polo and listening to various music. He is planning to come back.

Very good.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

vandermolen

He is taking a temporary sabbatical from the GMG, and enjoying watching Polo and listening to various music. He is planning to come back.
Excellent news! If it's appropriate to do so please send my best wishes.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Quote from: vandermolen on June 08, 2022, 02:10:06 PM
Excellent news! If it's appropriate to do so please send my best wishes.

Certainly. He would be very glad to hear that!

vandermolen

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Mirror Image

I still lament the departure of Dancing Divertimentian who is my Martinů compadre. I hope he's okay. I do hope that Peter (Moonfish) makes a reappearance. So many great members have come and gone.

vandermolen

Quote from: Mirror Image on June 08, 2022, 06:39:56 PM
I still lament the departure of Dancing Divertimentian who is my Martinů compadre. I hope he's okay. I do hope that Peter (Moonfish) makes a reappearance. So many great members have come and gone.
+1

Mirror Image

Quote from: kyjo on June 08, 2022, 08:29:00 AM
A few days ago I checked in on the "Art-Music Forum" for the first time in ages and discovered that our dear cilgwyn has been very active there recently (the forum is otherwise quite "dead"). So at least we know he's alive and well! I wonder what led him to leave our far livelier forum? I should send him a PM....

Yes, do send him a PM and tell him that there are several members that miss his contributions and wished that he would come back. His departure was one of the oddest I've seen as there wasn't some kind of warning or he didn't alert any of us that he was leaving. One day I logged in and POOF! he was gone.

aligreto

He is taking a temporary sabbatical from the GMG, and enjoying watching Polo IPL cricket and listening to various music. He is planning to come back.

Thank you all very much for your inquiries. This has probably been the longest period in my life that I have not listened to music on a continual basis. The other interesting aspect of this abstention is that I had not refrained in any way from thinking about music. Like most people here music is an inherent part of my existence; if I am not listening to it then I am thinking about it.

A special thank you to Manabu for being my voice  ;)

Mirror Image

Welcome back, Fergus! I feel the same way that you do about music --- if I'm not listening to it, I'm constantly thinking about it.

Florestan

Quote from: Mirror Image on June 10, 2022, 07:36:18 AM
Welcome back, Fergus! I feel the same way that you do about music --- if I'm not listening to it, I'm constantly thinking about it.

+ 1 on all counts!

There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Florestan

Quote from: aligreto on June 10, 2022, 07:13:18 AM

Thank you all very much for your inquiries. This has probably been the longest period in my life that I have not listened to music on a continual basis. The other interesting aspect of this abstention is that I had not refrained in any way from thinking about music. Like most people here music is an inherent part of my existence; if I am not listening to it then I am thinking about it.

Welcome back, Fergus!

There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

aligreto

Gurn Blanston

Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Florestan

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Florestan on June 10, 2022, 08:03:57 AM
Who's Al?  ???

Ummm, Al-igreto. Don't be too literal, Flo....  :D

My dog's name is Fergus, what can you expect from me? I need some variety!

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Florestan

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on June 10, 2022, 08:56:09 AM
Ummm, Al-igreto. Don't be too literal, Flo....  :D

You got me, Gottfried Uwe Reinhard Nepomuk!  :D

prémont

Like most people here music is an inherent part of my existence; if I am not listening to it then I am thinking about it.

I suppose you mean that you - when you don't listen to music - hear music in you inner ear all the same. At least this is true of me.

Good to see you again.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Papy Oli

A special thank you to Manabu for being my voice  ;)

Welcome back from your sabbatical, fella !  8)
Olivier

aligreto

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on June 10, 2022, 08:56:09 AM

My dog's name is Fergus, what can you expect from me? I need some variety!

8)

Pray tell, where did that come from, Gurn?