Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vandermolen

Quote from: Florestan on May 24, 2023, 11:18:04 AMI too received that message a few months ago, several tines. Don't worry, Jeffrey, it's just a mysterious bug.  :D
Thanks Andrei - I remembered that it happened to you before which reassured me. Actually I found it quite funny. I thought that maybe the new moderators are clearing out the 'dead wood'  ;D
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Florestan

Quote from: vandermolen on May 24, 2023, 11:24:50 AMThanks Andrei - I remembered that it happened to you before which reassured me. Actually I found it quite funny. I thought that maybe the new moderators are clearing out the 'dead wood'  ;D

;D

Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

Roasted Swan

Quote from: vandermolen on May 24, 2023, 11:14:02 AM'Sorry vandermolen you are banned from using this forum' :o

So, I am about to become a reluctant 'missing member'.

Any explanations please?

I can only think that I am being banned because of:

1) My failure to always complete the 'WHY DID YOU EDIT YOUR POST?' directive.

2) My zero response Eurovision song contest thread

3) Going 'over the top' about British Music

4) Over enthusiasm about Klaus Egge

5) Rambling on about Miaskovsky

Answers on a postcard please as this may be the only way of contacting me  :o  ::)  :(

All of the above but especially because of the Eurovision massive error of judgement....

Florestan

Quote from: vandermolen on May 24, 2023, 11:14:02 AM3) Going 'over the top' about British Music

You never walked alone.  ;D

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Papy Oli

Quote from: vandermolen on May 24, 2023, 11:14:02 AM'Sorry vandermolen you are banned from using this forum' :o

So, I am about to become a reluctant 'missing member'.

Any explanations please?

Answers on a postcard please as this may be the only way of contacting me  :o  ::)  :(

Those moderators have a low "craggy" threshold  :P  :P
Olivier

Madiel

Wait, there was a Eurovision thread?
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Spotted Horses

Quote from: kyjo on May 23, 2023, 08:00:13 AMHi everyone, I haven't been very active here recently, but I just wanted to say that the forum just doesn't feel the same without John (Mirror Image) and Cesar (Lovfald, formerly SymphonicAddict) around anymore. :(

Didn't he just change his name back to Symphonic Addict again?
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

vandermolen

Quote from: Roasted Swan on May 24, 2023, 11:34:33 AMAll of the above but especially because of the Eurovision massive error of judgement....
Indeed RS - a classic blunder of the first magnitude  8)

I shall be working on my 'Strictly Come Dancing' thread in due course - this is bound to be popular here.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

vandermolen

premont

I miss aligreto. He hasn't been active the last three months.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

vandermolen

Quote from: premont on June 29, 2023, 08:07:04 AMI miss aligreto. He hasn't been active the last three months.
Me too

foxandpeng

Quote from: premont on June 29, 2023, 08:07:04 AMI miss aligreto. He hasn't been active the last three months.

+2
"A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people ... then work which one hopes may be of some use; then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbour — such is my idea of happiness"

Tolstoy

vers la flamme

Where is steve ridgway?

SimonNZ

Has ultralinear left? I went looking for a very helpful post about books on East Germany and its been deleted, along with all but five of his other posts. We only had a few exchanges, but I was hoping for more over time.

Symphonic Addict

A shame his departure. However, I never understood why he often deleted his posts. A strange behaviour.
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

Spotted Horses

Quote from: Symphonic Addict on July 13, 2023, 05:08:18 PMA shame his departure. However, I never understood why he often deleted his posts. A strange behaviour.

That's odd, and why leave those five posts?

Ultralinear routinely deleted his/her posts even before apparently leaving? I hadn't noticed that. Well, the account hasn't been deleted, so perhaps there will be a return.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

Brian

They are not the only user who routinely deletes their old posts, either. I noticed someone delete one after 24 hours recently. I don't understand it as a behavior...

SimonNZ

Bachtoven has come and gone?

And deleted all his posts, including those about the sad death of his lovely cat...?

Florestan

Quote from: SimonNZ on September 29, 2023, 01:32:41 AMBachtoven has come and gone?

And deleted all his posts, including those about the sad death of his lovely cat...?

Nothing unusual for him, he does that regularly. He'll be back soon.  :D