Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on November 15, 2011, 08:03:56 AM
I'm back. I had my biennial heart scare and the German socialized medical system decided to keep me 11 days with exhaustive, and exhausting, tests and probes and "what not" (I read a lot of Wooster and Jeeves on the Kindle while relaxing in my beautiful two bed suite  ;D ). Conclusion the same as always: I've got a sterling ticker. Apparently it just likes to freak me out every two years or so.

Welcome back!

I won't post any pics of Annabella Lwin to celebrate this return, though. For the moment: just dream of her, OK? ;D

Wanderer

Bogey

This forum was falling apart like a cheap suit without, Sarge. ;D  Welcome back!

There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Karl Henning

Reminds me ... of that ancient Egyptian whose name makes me think "hot, cheap suit"...
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Ataraxia

Several people seem to be missing lately. Cato for instance. And a David.

Karl Henning

Cato is keeping busy; continues well. That Real Life thang . . . .
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: karlhenning on November 19, 2011, 08:31:32 AM
Reminds me ... of that ancient Egyptian whose name makes me think "hot, cheap suit"...

Tut, tut, Karl... :D

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Ataraxia

Quote from: karlhenning on March 07, 2012, 05:19:10 AM
Cato is keeping busy; continues well. That Real Life thang . . . .

Oh, that.

Scion7

boy, did I misread what this thread was about!

:o
When, a few months before his death, Rachmaninov lamented that he no longer had the "strength and fire" to compose, friends reminded him of the Symphonic Dances, so charged with fire and strength. "Yes," he admitted. "I don't know how that happened. That was probably my last flicker."

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Scion7 on March 07, 2012, 04:32:04 PM
boy, did I misread what this thread was about!

:o

Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, if you were tuning in to see the John Wayne Bobbitt memorial, please be advised that it is airing on BBC 3.... :D

8)

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

mc ukrneal

Anyone know what happened to DavidRoss? I hope he is ok.
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: mc ukrneal on March 09, 2012, 11:53:31 AM
Anyone know what happened to DavidRoss? I hope he is ok.

David splits his time between here and another forum. Usually he stays on one or the other at any given time, rather than both at once. I expect he will be along soon. I miss him too, I haven't had much to moderate lately.... :D

8)

Ataraxia

He's on Facebook as well. Or he was the last time I was there.

Mirror Image

I really miss Saul....NOT!!! I know Brian has been busy, but I miss his posts and Luke doesn't post that often but when he does he always finds something interesting to say (unlike me). Another member I miss is Haydnguy or HaydnFan, I can't remember. I also miss Sid very much. He and I had several disagreements, but I considered him a friend.

Philoctetes

Quote from: Mirror Image on March 09, 2012, 07:52:59 PM
I really miss Saul....NOT!!! I know Brian has been busy, but I miss his posts and Luke doesn't post that often but when he does he always finds something interesting to say (unlike me). Another member I miss is Haydnguy or HaydnFan, I can't remember. I also miss Sid very much. He and I had several disagreements, but I considered him a friend.

Sid's not coming back before he left though he sent me a very nice message. :)

Mirror Image

Quote from: Philoctetes on March 09, 2012, 07:57:35 PM
Sid's not coming back before he left though he sent me a very nice message. :)

Yeah, I kind of figured he isn't either, but this doesn't stop me from missing his posts. He and I had many personal messages sent back and forth. He's a good guy for sure.

Mirror Image

Another member I miss is Ray (ChamberNut). I wonder what's happened to him. I'm friends with him on Facebook, but I haven't seen any activity from him in quite some time.

Philoctetes

Quote from: Mirror Image on March 09, 2012, 08:04:45 PM
Yeah, I kind of figured he isn't either, but this doesn't stop me from missing his posts. He and I had many personal messages sent back and forth. He's a good guy for sure.

Indeed. He was one of my few contemporary cohorts.

John Copeland

Opus106

Quote from: Scots John on March 11, 2012, 03:15:47 AM
Florestan?  :(

He's not so much missing as he is simply quiet compared to usual.
Regards,
Navneeth