Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opus106

Quote from: madaboutmahler on June 17, 2012, 04:22:25 AM
Does anyone know where David (W) has gone? It appears his facebook account has been deleted, and he is now a 'guest' here on GMG.... I hope he comes back soon! :)

It's a periodic thing. Don't worry, he'll be back, given the pattern. :)
Regards,
Navneeth

Cato

Any word from him?

I thought perhaps the new Hans Rott CD with the premiere recording of the Suite for Orchestra would bring him out of aestivation.

[asin]B007O40PN2[/asin]
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

kishnevi

Quote from: Cato on June 26, 2012, 02:23:42 PM
Any word from him?

I thought perhaps the new Hans Rott CD with the premiere recording of the Suite for Orchestra would bring him out of aestivation.

[asin]B007O40PN2[/asin]

Perhaps he's too busy reveling in it to bother checking in. 

Speaking of people who have not put in an appearance lately--is Que on vacation?  I haven't noticed him in what seems at least two or three weeks.

BTW, Cato, totally off topic--where's your sig quote from?

Opus106

Quote from: Jeffrey Smith on June 26, 2012, 03:35:10 PM
Speaking of people who have not put in an appearance lately--is Que on vacation?  I haven't noticed him in what seems at least two or three weeks.

I saw him online a couple of nights ago.
Regards,
Navneeth

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Opus106 on June 26, 2012, 09:15:00 PM
I saw him online a couple of nights ago.

He is on vacation, should be returning soon. I think the online sightings are due to having a moment to check in from the road. Insatiable curiosity, as it were. :)

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Opus106

Quote from: Gurnatron5500 on June 27, 2012, 04:24:34 AM
He is on vacation, should be returning soon. I think the online sightings are due to having a moment to check in from the road. Insatiable curiosity, as it were. :)

8)

He's already registered his return -- at the Listening and Purchases threads. :)
Regards,
Navneeth

Cato

Aha!

So some of you have sighted our raram avem!   ;D

Many thanks!

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Ataraxia

.[asin]0312357990[/asin]

Cato

Quote from: Cato on June 26, 2012, 02:23:42 PM
Any word from him?

[asin]B007O40PN2[/asin]

Paavo looks disturbingly like Vladimir Putin.   ;D

Brian

Quote from: MN Dave on June 27, 2012, 07:47:20 AM
.[asin]0312357990[/asin]

Co-written with Lorena Bobbit.

Mirror Image

Quote from: Cato on June 27, 2012, 07:54:34 AM
Paavo looks disturbingly like Vladimir Putin.   ;D

ZING!

eyeresist

Quote from: Cato on June 27, 2012, 07:54:34 AMPaavo looks disturbingly like Vladimir Putin.   ;D

I said it first!

John Copeland

Illness and stuff.  I have not been a well wee cookie for some months, but things are getting better.  Yes, I got the Hans Rott/Putin album, obviously much better sounding than the MP3 of the Rott/Putin concert which I also have.  And a Hans Rott premiere too.  Hans Rott ist immer noch meine Nummer eins Sinfoniker, auch wenn er nur geschafft, eins zu bekommen da draußen.  However, I still believe a reference edition is still to be recorded - Jac van Steen did a live version of it in '97, which is close.  Aye.
;)
I am sorry about my attendance, especially to certain people, one of whom sent me some Enescu / Reger discs and whose name rhymes with Plato, and one who I opted in for a blind listening experience in April but did not actually participate.   :'(  Well, I have only said it once before, but it's worth repeating in case I am misunderstood.  In 1998 whilst teaching in London I got a severe brain injury, the reprecussions of which affect me to this day, and I am still stuck in 1998!  Pah!  This accounts for bouts of mental side-tracking, eccentricities, absences and not-very-wellness for months at a time, and is the reason for my long absences since I joined the mighty GMG in 1998...ooops, 2008.  And thats that.
Still!  No point in saying welcome back as who knows I might be away again in a month.   :D   As things improve (again) I will post more...starting (again) today...  :P

bhodges

Well, even if you disappear again, welcome back! And very glad you're feeling better... :D

--Bruce

madaboutmahler

Quote from: Brewski on July 02, 2012, 09:15:40 AM
Well, even if you disappear again, welcome back! And very glad you're feeling better... :D

--Bruce

+1

Good to hear from you again, John! :)
"Music is ... A higher revelation than all Wisdom & Philosophy"
— Ludwig van Beethoven

Brian

Quote from: Scots John on July 02, 2012, 09:10:02 AMI am still stuck in 1998!  Pah!

Welcome back to the boards, John! You've missed a good bit in the past few months, so just to update you, France are the world's best football side and President Clinton has been getting it on with the interns again.

...but in all seriousness, hope you can stay and hope you're feeling OK more regularly. :)

Cato

Quote from: Scots John on July 02, 2012, 09:10:02 AM
Illness and stuff.  I have not been a well wee cookie for some months, but things are getting better. 

Yay Team!  It is good to know that your life is improving!  Tell us more, if you are able!

John Copeland

Quote from: Brian on July 02, 2012, 10:41:28 AM
Welcome back to the boards, John! You've missed a good bit in the past few months, so just to update you, France are the world's best football side and President Clinton has been getting it on with the interns again.

...but in all seriousness, hope you can stay and hope you're feeling OK more regularly. :)

Yes, and my beloved GREEN BAY PACKERS got a kicking at Superbowl 32 (end of '97 season) by the Broncos this year too.  And France were only lucky that Scotland didn't get through to the final rounds of the World Cup though.   ;D

Karl Henning

Good to see you back here, Johnnie!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot