Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidW, Maestro267 and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Gurn Blanston

Jochanaan hasn't been around for 7 months now (12/20/11). Pity, he was a saner head when one was needed. And here nearly as long as I have been!

So it goes.... :-\

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Karl Henning

Every now and again, he does me the honor of favoriting and/or replying to a tweet of mine.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Opus106

Quote from: Gurnatron5500 on July 12, 2012, 12:50:33 PM
Jochanaan hasn't been around for 7 months now (12/20/11). Pity, he was a saner head when one was needed. And here nearly as long as I have been!

So it goes.... :-\

8)

If all's right at his end, I'm sure he'll pop his head in as soon as a non-recording-centric musical topic crops up in these parts*. I almost always learn something of interest when he posts, be it about the music, its performance or history.

*I suppose he thinks the "Masses in Classical Austria" thread is in a capable pair of hands (or two) as it is. ;)
Regards,
Navneeth

eyeresist

I'm still here, worse luck ;)

Karl Henning

Well, this is Poverty Street, mate.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Karl Henning

Whud I miss? Whar'd Fafner go?
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Ataraxia

The X5 hitman got 'im.

Wakefield

I'm deeply moved by all the kind words expressed when I was reported as missing.  :) But I never really thought to leave this board permanently; on the contrary, I simply thought my posts were being increasingly routine, so I believed it would be a prudent decision to make a pause. And that's what I did for near a month.

Shortly, I'm back again what recalls me that "more tears are shed over answered prayers than unanswered ones."   :P ;D

Gordon Shumway (formerly Antoine Marchand)

:)
"One of the greatest misfortunes of honest people is that they are cowards. They complain, keep quiet, dine and forget."
-- Voltaire

The new erato

Quote from: Gordon Shumway on July 26, 2012, 01:00:07 PM
I'm deeply moved by all the kind words expressed when I was reported as missing.  :) But I never really thought to leave this board permanently; on the contrary, I simply thought my posts were being increasingly routine, so I believed it would be a prudent decision to make a pause. And that's what I did for near a month.

Shortly, I'm back again what recalls me that "more tears are shed over answered prayers than unanswered ones."   :P ;D

Good! We need your informed postings on baroque music; there's not many of us baroqe lovers around.

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: karlhenning on July 26, 2012, 11:13:09 AM
Whud I miss? Whar'd Fafner go?

Yeah, a shame he's gone...again. I got a PM from him that said, in part, "I find it [GMG] too addictive, it sucks up too much of my time, so I'm afraid I will be withdrawing (again)."

I'll miss him.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

The new erato

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on July 26, 2012, 01:07:15 PM
Yeah, a shame he's gone...again. I got a PM from him that said, in part, "I find it [GMG] too addictive, it sucks up too much of my time, so I'm afraid I will be withdrawing (again)."

I'll miss him.

Sarge
Yep. There must be a Siegfried lurking.

Wakefield

Quote from: The new erato on July 26, 2012, 01:02:08 PM
Good! We need your informed postings on baroque music; there's not many of us baroqe lovers around.

It's true: we (barock-ers!) are unfortunately very few these days on board. Maybe we have failed in communicating the Good News of the historically informed Baroque Music.  :( ;) 
"One of the greatest misfortunes of honest people is that they are cowards. They complain, keep quiet, dine and forget."
-- Voltaire

Karl Henning

It's all just stagnant back catalogue, anyway. We must be realistic.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Elgarian

Shortly, I'm back again

The day just got better.

Karl Henning

Welcome back, O former Antoine!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Brian

Welcome back, Antoine!

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on July 26, 2012, 01:07:15 PM

(again)? Who was Fafner?

Que

Antoine, sooo glad you're back! :) :)

Q

Wakefield

Quote from: Que on July 26, 2012, 02:02:27 PM
Antoine, sooo glad you're back! :) :)

Q

Oh, I see you were "moderated" by Gurn, dear Q!  ;D

Thanks to you, Elgarian and Karl. All of you are nice and kind people, as it's not easy to find on the web.
-- Voltaire

Cato

Quote from: Gordon Shumway on July 26, 2012, 03:28:21 PM
Oh, I see you were "moderated" by Gurn, dear Q!  ;D

Thanks to you, Elgarian and Karl. All of you are nice and kind people, as it's not easy to find on the web.

Dude! Antoine Marchand!  Rock on, Dude!   8)

And about the only French name that is cooler would be Guy Gadbois !

http://www.youtube.com/v/sMqgj20r874

From The Return of the Pink Panther with Catherine Schell, who was incapable of keeping a straight face during the scene.  This is not an out-take.  Director Blake Edwards decided just to keep her break-up at the end.
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

kishnevi

Welcome back, Antoine'/Gordon.

Or should I say,  welcome Bach?