Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilas Pastia

Welcome back Antoine. I've seen you on GMG for a few years, but now I'm confused: Antoine/Gordon from Chile ? And you expect us to keep track?  ;)

Cato:Is Catherine related to Maria and Maximilian Schell ?

Cato

Quote from: André on July 26, 2012, 06:08:22 PM

Cato:Is Catherine related to Maria and Maximilian Schell ?

No, she is descended from (Austro) Hungarian parents named Schell von Bauschlott.  Her last big role was on Space:1999.
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

Wakefield

Quote from: Cato on July 26, 2012, 04:09:09 PM
Dude! Antoine Marchand!  Rock on, Dude!   8)

And about the only French name that is cooler would be Guy Gadbois !

http://www.youtube.com/v/sMqgj20r874

From The Return of the Pink Panther with Catherine Schell, who was incapable of keeping a straight face during the scene.  This is not an out-take.  Director Blake Edwards decided just to keep her break-up at the end.

:D ;D :D

Hi, Cato. I chose that nickname because when I registered myself here, I was listening to a disc conducted by Ton Koopman (=Antoine Marchand in French). It was a disc of cantatas precisely recorded in the sub-label of Challenge called "Antoine Marchand" (founded by Koopman when Erato, not our Erato anyway  :), cancelled his project of recording all the Bach cantatas.  :)

"One of the greatest misfortunes of honest people is that they are cowards. They complain, keep quiet, dine and forget."
-- Voltaire

Wakefield

Quote from: Jeffrey Smith on July 26, 2012, 05:52:53 PM
Welcome back, Antoine'/Gordon.

Or should I say,  welcome Bach?

Oh, yes. I love so much Bach's music that I'm even listening to some of his keyboard music played on piano. For instance, these days I'm quite interested in Craig Sheppard.   
"One of the greatest misfortunes of honest people is that they are cowards. They complain, keep quiet, dine and forget."
-- Voltaire

Wakefield

Quote from: André on July 26, 2012, 06:08:22 PM
Welcome back Antoine. I've seen you on GMG for a few years, but now I'm confused: Antoine/Gordon from Chile ? And you expect us to keep track?  ;)

Need I to add that my real name is Eric?  ;D

-- Voltaire

bhodges

Hi Eric (d.b.a. Antoine ;D) Nice to see you back - and I'm not even a huge Baroque fan (though I did see the Met's pastiche, The Enchanted Island, last spring and loved it), but I recognize sane, intelligent posters and appreciate them, whatever genre they enjoy.

--Bruce

Que

Quote from: Gordon Shumway on July 26, 2012, 03:28:21 PM
Oh, I see you were "moderated" by Gurn, dear Q!  ;D

I guess I might have been overly enthusiastic.  ;D ;)

Q

premont

Quote from: Gordon Shumway on July 26, 2012, 01:00:07 PM
I'm deeply moved by all the kind words expressed when I was reported as missing.  :) But I never really thought to leave this board permanently; on the contrary, I simply thought my posts were being increasingly routine, so I believed it would be a prudent decision to make a pause. And that's what I did for near a month.

Shortly, I'm back again what recalls me that "more tears are shed over answered prayers than unanswered ones."   :P ;D

Gordon Shumway (formerly Antoine Marchand)

:)

Great news dear Eric.  :)

I seriously feared you had fallen victim to CDCDCD.

Gordon Shumway - hmm..  I do not think you are that alien after all.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Opus106

Quote from: (: premont :) on July 27, 2012, 10:08:22 AM
I seriously feared you had fallen victim to CDCDCD.

Returning to the real world from GMG is actually rehab.
Regards,
Navneeth

premont

Quote from: Opus106 on July 27, 2012, 10:17:20 AM
Returning to the real world from GMG is actually rehab.

I do not think that a life in the real world excludes one or two daily visits to GMG.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Ataraxia

Quote from: (: premont :) on July 27, 2012, 10:26:40 AM
I do not think that a life in the real world excludes one or two daily visits to GMG.

Some people live here and not in the real world.

Karl Henning

(* ducks with composition notebook *)
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

premont

Quote from: MN Dave on July 27, 2012, 10:32:58 AM
Some people live here and not in the real world.

Yes, I know, but I do not think this is true of Eric.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

North Star

Welcome back, Antoine/Ton/Eric !
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Opus106

Quote from: (: premont :) on July 27, 2012, 10:26:40 AM

What I meant to imply was, one has to stay in GMG to be victimised by CDCDCD and not by escaping to the real world.
Regards,
Navneeth

Marc

Quote from: Gordon Shumway on July 26, 2012, 01:00:07 PM
I'm deeply moved by all the kind words expressed when I was reported as missing.  :) But I never really thought to leave this board permanently; on the contrary, I simply thought my posts were being increasingly routine, so I believed it would be a prudent decision to make a pause. And that's what I did for near a month.

Shortly, I'm back again what recalls me that "more tears are shed over answered prayers than unanswered ones."   :P ;D

Gordon Shumway (formerly Antoine Marchand)

:)

Welcome back, mr. Shumway!

I do recognize this 'routine' feeling.

Luckilly only when posting in the guide of good music.
Not when listening to good music.

I've been to loads of concerts this summer so far, mainly (even mainly only ;D) organ recitals, and it's great fun.

So I've hushed up a bit on the forum, but I'm still lurking around and WILL BE BACK .... to routinely disagree with your routine posts again! ;D

premont

Quote from: Opus106 on July 27, 2012, 12:11:35 PM
What I meant to imply was, one has to stay in GMG to be victimised by CDCDCD and not by escaping to the real world.

Really? I contracted the CDCDCD long time before I ever heard of GMG or any other music forum - and BTW, what is the real world. Isn´t music part of the real world?
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Opus106

Quote from: (: premont :) on July 27, 2012, 01:23:55 PM
Really? I contracted the CDCDCD long time before I ever heard of GMG or any other music forum

It's its effectiveness in the age of the Interwebs that makes it more potent here. In any case, I think I've done my bit in taking this thread of its rails, so I'll stop here. 0:)
Regards,
Navneeth

John Copeland

I miss Mirror Image.    :'(

Sammy

Quote from: Scots John on July 27, 2012, 02:53:17 PM
I miss Mirror Image.    :'(

You evidently didn't read the fine print - there's no crying on GMG. ;D