Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Octave

Quote from: Mirror Image on June 18, 2013, 09:30:27 PM
I'm back. Send in the clowns. :P

I'm glad you are back, more or less.  It's problematic, because your old posts are still costing me lots of money!   8)
Help support GMG by purchasing items from Amazon through this link.

North Star

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Papy Oli

Olivier

Brahmsian

Brian

The clowns already showed up - Sean and the voices in his head.

Quote from: Papy Oli on June 19, 2013, 12:14:43 AM
Are you MN Dave ?  :P
;D ;D

Mirror Image

Thanks for all the welcomes everyone. I'm not fully back as I'm not going to be posting as much as I used to here but I will peek in from time to time. All the best to all of you.

Lisztianwagner

Glad to see you here again, John, welcome back! :)
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." - Gustav Mahler

kishnevi

Welcome back.

Octave was making a valiant attempt at filling in for you on the purchases thread, but it just wasn't the same.  Far fewer obscure modern composers.

madaboutmahler

Quote from: Mirror Image on June 19, 2013, 05:35:06 AM
Thanks for all the welcomes everyone. I'm not fully back as I'm not going to be posting as much as I used to here but I will peak in from time to time. All the best to all of you.

Glad you are back on GMG, John! And just the same time that I am as well, after having finally finished those exams!! Plenty of freedom now with plenty of excitement musical events coming up over the summer! :)
"Music is ... A higher revelation than all Wisdom & Philosophy"
— Ludwig van Beethoven

Wakefield

... I'm not fully back as I'm not going to be posting as much as I used to here but I will peak in from time to time.

Translation for newbies: "The next few days I'll be posting here as often as I never did".  :laugh: ;)
"One of the greatest misfortunes of honest people is that they are cowards. They complain, keep quiet, dine and forget."
-- Voltaire

Beorn

vandermolen

Thanks for all the welcomes everyone. I'm not fully back as I'm not going to be posting as much as I used to here but I will peek in from time to time. All the best to all of you.

Yes, nice to see you posting again.  :)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Mirror Image

Parsifal

What's become of Octave, I wonder. 

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Scarpia on July 23, 2013, 05:59:38 AM
What's become of Octave, I wonder.

He told me that he's taking a little break in order to listen to the dump truck full of disks he's gotten in the last 6 months. Once that's done and properly digested, I believe he will return.

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

springrite

Let's make a list of missing members from western US. When I drive around western US in October, I will try to round them up and hand them over to The Sarge.
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

North Star

Quote from: springrite on July 23, 2013, 06:13:28 AM
Let's make a list of missing members from western US. When I drive around western US in October, I will try to round them up and hand them over to The Sarge.
The deserters, you mean?
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Brian

Quote from: karlhenning on July 23, 2013, 09:25:54 AM
Hah!
Reading your GMG posts has made me very hopeful that, if/when we do indeed meet in person, your actual real-life laughter consists of a single massive "Hah!"

Example:
[Karl watches "Rocky and Bullwinkle"]
KARL: HAH! [returns to silence]

springrite

Quote from: Brian on July 23, 2013, 09:31:34 AM
Reading your GMG posts has made me very hopeful that, if/when we do indeed meet in person, your actual real-life laughter consists of a single massive "Hah!"

Example:
[Karl watches "Rocky and Bullwinkle"]
KARL: HAH! [returns to silence]

There may be no Hah!, nor silence, but instead, *pounds the table!!!*
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.