Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karl Henning

Well, I did a forum-wide search for missing members in the topic, but came up empty.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Brian

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Brian on September 27, 2013, 12:02:26 PM
dyn left? I liked dyn!

I suspect he isn't too far off. 3 random lower case letters are 3 random lower case letters, after all....   :)

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

springrite

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on September 27, 2013, 12:03:39 PM
I suspect he isn't too far off. 3 random lower case letters are 3 random lower case letters, after all....   :)

8)

Well, at least they are tree pronounceable lower case letters instead of the usual random ones.
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

Bogey

After some Copland posts, Benji comes to mind.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

kyjo

Where's pencils been? He and I share very similar tastes and I miss his posts. :(

Mirror Image

Quote from: kyjo on September 28, 2013, 05:10:29 PM
Where's pencils been? He and I share very similar tastes and I miss his posts. :(

Maybe....just maybe...he got tired of your polls. Okay, okay, just kidding. :D

kyjo

Quote from: Mirror Image on September 28, 2013, 07:27:33 PM
Maybe....just maybe...he got tired of your polls. Okay, okay, just kidding. :D

:P

Oh dear, John, what have I done, what have I done........

springrite

Quote from: kyjo on September 28, 2013, 08:07:59 PM
:P

Oh dear, John, what have I done, what have I done........

just as long as we don't become good-music-polls.com
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

Brahmsian

Has anyone heard from Stuart (Coopmv) lately?  Haven't seen him on GMG it seems for quite some time.

premont

Quote from: ChamberNut on September 29, 2013, 03:27:30 AM
Has anyone heard from Stuart (Coopmv) lately?  Haven't seen him on GMG it seems for quite some time.

He has not posted since long. The same can be said about Clever Hans, but fortunately both have been "active" in this month (september).
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Christo

Quote from: Brian on September 27, 2013, 12:02:26 PM
dyn left? I liked dyn!

He's active on the Art-Music Forum now.
... music is not only an 'entertainment', nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

Brahmsian

AnthonyAthletic

Quote from: ChamberNut on October 02, 2013, 03:10:53 PM
Where did Annie go?

Is it me or have Annie's posts gone too?

I thought if you deleted your account, your posts did stay?

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying"      (Arthur C. Clarke)

Parsifal

Quote from: ChamberNut on October 02, 2013, 03:10:53 PM
Where did Annie go?

Mea Culpa, I seem to have mortally offended her here:

http://www.good-music-guide.com/community/index.php/topic,21529.msg746131.html#msg746131

Quote from: Annie on October 02, 2013, 09:29:39 AMYou are one of the main characters here not letting music lovers discuss anything valuable, attacking with your narrow information and view, which I'm sure not your intention

(the original post seems to have been deleted)

Then there's this (like and dislike thread)

QuoteI disagree. I don't think this qualifies as a classical forum...There are some very good information but they are buried in the past and hard to find. Recent ones are mostly baseless beliefs or prejudices, whose record beats who or I have been looking to the stars every night and now I consider myself a space engineer sort of people's "vast" knowledge of not only classical but all kind of music. It's easy to see why trained people of music left this forum in time. The moderators lack of classical music knowledge must have played the biggest role in this state of forum...

Another deleted post enshrined in someone's quotation.

Brahmsian

Quote from: AnthonyAthletic on October 02, 2013, 03:36:15 PM
Is it me or have Annie's posts gone too?

I thought if you deleted your account, your posts did stay?

Well, not if you delete your posts prior to leaving.  :blank:

Brahmsian

Quote from: Scarpia on October 02, 2013, 03:37:01 PM
Mea Culpa, I seem to have mortally offended her here:

http://www.good-music-guide.com/community/index.php/topic,21529.msg746131.html#msg746131

Seems more to me like "she" was the one doing the offending, Scarpia.

North Star

Perhaps she realized the pointlessness of having all the other members on her ignore list.
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Brian

It was just this morning that she revealed she was 84 years old.

AnthonyAthletic

Hands up, come on hands up...how many of us actually thought Annie was a "She"?

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying"      (Arthur C. Clarke)