Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: AnthonyAthletic on October 02, 2013, 03:50:36 PM
Hands up, come on hands up...how many of us actually thought Annie was a "She"?

You mean Bob? I wasn't sure what he/she was...and I'm not sure he/she knew either  :D The mind gets foggy at his/her age  :D

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

AnthonyAthletic

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on October 02, 2013, 03:55:10 PM
You mean Bob? I wasn't sure what he/she was...and I'm not sure he/she knew either  :D The mind gets foggy at his/her age  :D

Sarge

I had heard the name Bob associated with Annie.  I can never understand why people gender change by name on a music forum.  Can't understand why Annie jumped ship, she gave and received as good as she got!

I thought at one stage M Forever had sneaked back on.

'Ere you were a Sergeant weren't you Sarge, that bits real?  :D

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying"      (Arthur C. Clarke)

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: AnthonyAthletic on October 02, 2013, 04:02:54 PM
'Ere you were a Sergeant weren't you Sarge, that bits real?  :D

Yes, it is. Highest rank attained, Sergeant First Class (Platoon Sgt), E-7, U.S. Army. Served 22 years. 1969-1991.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

AnthonyAthletic

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on October 02, 2013, 04:16:44 PM
Yes, it is. Highest rank attained, Sergeant First Class (Platoon Sgt), E-7, U.S. Army. Served 22 years. 1969-1991.

Sarge

Excellent Sarge, I always new that for real.
Respects
Tony

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying"      (Arthur C. Clarke)

(poco) Sforzando

Quote from: ChamberNut on October 02, 2013, 03:10:53 PM
Where did Annie go?

Don't worry, the sun will come up - tomorrow!
"I don't know what sforzando means, though it clearly means something."

Cato

Here is the proof! It struck me this morning who "Annie" really was!

Pleasant dreams, everyone!   0:)
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

Brahmsian

Quote from: Cato on October 02, 2013, 04:36:48 PM
Here is the proof! It struck me this morning who "Annie" really was!

Pleasant dreams, everyone!   0:)

Oh no!  I just recently watch Twin Peaks for the first time, about a year ago.   I found the first season especially great, and creepy!  ;D  Bob!

Cato

Quote from: ChamberNut on October 02, 2013, 04:39:34 PM
Oh no!  I just recently watch Twin Peaks for the first time, about a year ago.   I found the first season especially great, and creepy!  ;D  Bob!

Place any quote from "Annie" under this picture and you will see how perfectly it fits!   8)
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

knight66

Yes, Bruce noticed that this individual was steadfastly deleting posts over a day. And yes, we agree, it was not a woman. That latter being so, why would the advertised age be correct? Seemingly the poster was heaved out of another forum and joined here. We found it quite amusing that we were criticised for lack of musical grip, but most of his posts consisted of CD covers or unpleasant non-musical remarks.

So, I don't think anyone need blame themselves here, this ex-member showed every sign of not being a good fit for this or any other forum; and by deleting the account saved us wasting a deal of time deleting snide posts.

However.....it may be timely to point out that I have been having corr suggesting there is something of an exclusive boy's club feel here, where new people can feel excluded from involvement, so remember that we have a duty to try and integrate and welcome folk and not just by saying 'hi' on the intros thread. I am not addressing specifically anyone who is actively posting on this topic; just raising awareness generally of Rob's aim to have this be a congenial place for expanding ones taste and knowledge and having fun.

Knight
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

Mirror Image

Quote from: North Star on October 02, 2013, 03:42:52 PM
Perhaps she realized the pointlessness of having all the other members on her ignore list.

This or her doctor finally put her on some medication that actually works. :P

The new erato

Quote from: Mirror Image on October 02, 2013, 07:12:59 PM
This or her doctor finally put her on some medication that actually works. :P
He, he. Looking for a table to pound.

milk

Quote from: AnthonyAthletic on October 02, 2013, 03:50:36 PM
Hands up, come on hands up...how many of us actually thought Annie was a "She"?
I was suspicious. But it's interesting. He burst on to the scene and insulted many of the members here while also extensively and passionately arguing for his point of view. How strange. Why be so rude? What does one get out of it? He obviously knows music. And the use of a feminine persona with which to throw around the diminutive "dear"...I guess that gave him a feeling of stature. Anyway, I'm relieved. But I'm really amazed at how patient people were when being the target of Annie's rudeness. As Captain Sensible said, "I'm glad it's all over."   

mc ukrneal

Quote from: knight66 on October 02, 2013, 07:09:22 PM
However.....it may be timely to point out that I have been having corr suggesting there is something of an exclusive boy's club feel here, where new people can feel excluded from involvement, so remember that we have a duty to try and integrate and welcome folk and not just by saying 'hi' on the intros thread. I am not addressing specifically anyone who is actively posting on this topic; just raising awareness generally of Rob's aim to have this be a congenial place for expanding ones taste and knowledge and having fun.

Knight
I fully support this. It was particularly apparent in a couple of relatively recent threads.
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

DavidW

Quote from: North Star on October 02, 2013, 03:42:52 PM
Perhaps she realized the pointlessness of having all the other members on her ignore list.

Yes I think that she had nearly all active posters on her ignore list. :D

Christo

Silly question, but where's Harry? Haven't seen him in ages and I surely missed the news somewhwere.
... music is not only an 'entertainment', nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

Brian

Quote from: Christo on October 03, 2013, 04:34:36 AM
Silly question, but where's Harry? Haven't seen him in ages and I surely missed the news somewhwere.

He got angry and left after an argument with someone, I forget who. He keeps a blog where he posts all his listening, but it's always told me I'm blocked from commenting.

He does still post here once a week or so.

Karl Henning

Why would Harry block you from commenting?  Perhaps he blocks all comment.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Brian

Quote from: karlhenning on October 03, 2013, 04:48:21 AM
Why would Harry block you from commenting?  Perhaps he blocks all comment.

That's right. You're supposed to "follow" the blog in order to comment, but whenever I tried, the page crashed, and then I found another way to follow it but that didn't unblock me from replying. So I get an email every morning telling me what Harry listened to, but I can't really do anything with it.

Brahmsian

Quote from: Brian on October 03, 2013, 04:51:29 AM
That's right. You're supposed to "follow" the blog in order to comment, but whenever I tried, the page crashed, and then I found another way to follow it but that didn't unblock me from replying. So I get an email every morning telling me what Harry listened to, but I can't really do anything with it.

I have the same experience, Brian.  I hope someday Harry will return full-time to GMG.  :)

Mirror Image