Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

springrite

Quote from: Brian on December 31, 2013, 07:38:42 AM
Backing up Tony, another board I visit has a like button, but no dislike button. Now, it uses different software, so that may not be applicable here. But a like button would be great because then I will finally have the validation I've always sought.  0:)

*Will press "like" button for CDs!*
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

Tom 1960

I don't get around these parts much these days but I was wondering if Andre or his former screenname "Lilas Pastia" still posts here on the boards? He resided in Quebec. He was a good egg. We used to keep in regular contact years back. Any info you guys can provide would be appreciated.

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Tom 1960 on March 16, 2014, 05:39:13 PM
I don't get around these parts much these days but I was wondering if Andre or his former screenname "Lilas Pastia" still posts here on the boards? He resided in Quebec. He was a good egg. We used to keep in regular contact years back. Any info you guys can provide would be appreciated.

Andre is still a member, but he doesn't post anymore. His screen name now is [wait for it] Andre! If you drop him a PM it will still get to him by email and he may answer you. Last I heard, he was being transferred to a more rural area of Quebec and so isn't in Montreal any longer.

Cheers,
8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on March 16, 2014, 05:59:00 PM
Andre is still a member, but he doesn't post anymore. His screen name now is [wait for it] Andre! If you drop him a PM it will still get to him by email and he may answer you. Last I heard, he was being transferred to a more rural area of Quebec and so isn't in Montreal any longer.

Cheers,
8)

Hmm, well it seems he has deregistered. I hadn't noted that, it must be recent. *sigh*

8)

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Tom 1960

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on March 16, 2014, 06:01:24 PM
Hmm, well it seems he has deregistered. I hadn't noted that, it must be recent. *sigh*

8)
Well that was quick work, Gurn. Somehow I knew you would chime in. Thanks for the info my friend!

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Tom 1960 on March 16, 2014, 06:05:49 PM
Well that was quick work, Gurn. Somehow I knew you would chime in. Thanks for the info my friend!

You're welcome, Tom. Always a pleasure.

8)

Cato

Andre' wrote to me also, and even sent homemade CD's, but suddenly stopped answering everything over a year ago.

I don't understand it: someone told me he became angry on one of the topics (about authentic performances on original instruments?) and left GMG.  Certainly I was not connected to that argument in any way, but he stopped writing around that time.
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

Tom 1960

Sorry it appears Andre has left in a huff. Sometimes that happens. I just happened to search the member directory under "Andre" and can't seem to find him listed. If I am wrong, can someone re-direct me?

Mirror Image

Quote from: Cato on March 16, 2014, 06:11:40 PM
Andre' wrote to me also, and even sent homemade CD's, but suddenly stopped answering everything over a year ago.

I don't understand it: someone told me he became angry on one of the topics (about authentic performances on original instruments?) and left GMG.  Certainly I was not connected to that argument in any way, but he stopped writing around that time.

Seems kind of silly for anyone to leave GMG based on some kind of argument. I mean I know I'm far from perfect and I have left GMG once (for a month I believe), but I did come back. You guys are my friends, so why would I want to leave now?

kishnevi

Has anyone heard from Cosi Bel Do (Discobole)?  Anyone? :o

André

Hello ! Just re-registered  $:). I'm not quite reacquainted with GMG' s new lores and mores. This just happens to be the first thread I've been looking at today.

Hi Tom ! Hi Mike(s) !!  Give me some time to feel my way in again !

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: André on April 26, 2014, 05:31:30 PM
Hello ! Just re-registered  $:). I'm not quite reacquainted with GMG' s new lores and mores. This just happens to be the first thread I've been looking at today.

Welcome home. You've been sorely missed in the Abbey.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Brahmsian

Welcome back, Andre!  :)

North Star

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

André

Karl Henning

Huzzah for André's return!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

André

Hi Karl ! Where can I sample your latest opuses ? Any links ?

Mirror Image

Que

Welcome back, André. You've been greatly missed here.  :)

Q

EigenUser

New old member? Welcome back, though I am relatively new.
Beethoven's Op. 133 -- A fugue so bad that even Beethoven himself called it "Grosse".