Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karl Henning

Quote from: André on April 27, 2014, 01:52:07 PM
Hi Karl ! Where can I sample your latest opuses ? Any links ?

Cheers, André!

There are new works at my SoundCloud page.

And at the 9th Ear's SoundCloud page, as well.

And other new works, still on my YouTube channel.

Thank you for asking!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

knight66

Andre, Terrific news, welcome back....home.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

SonicMan46

Quote from: André on April 26, 2014, 05:31:30 PM
Hello ! Just re-registered  $:). I'm not quite reacquainted with GMG' s new lores and mores. This just happens to be the first thread I've been looking at today.

Hi André - welcome back & looking forward to your posting again!  Dave :)

André

Gee, thanks guys. It feels nice to be back.  ;D .

Thanks for the update, Karl ! I will definitely delve into your new works !

bhodges

And to the chorus, adding another "welcome back, André!"  8)

--Bruce

André

Boy, the emoticons up there seem so bland  ???. Can't tell you - CAN'T - how much your greetings touch me. Thank you so much!!!

Karl Henning

Delighted to have you back!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Cato

Yes, Andre' is back!  Check your personal messages!

Last week I was wondering what had happened to Andre', but now we know he was trekking back to us, no doubt having escaped Mounties gone bad, reruns of Mr. Dress-up, and other strange anomalies to the North!   0:)
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

Bogey

André is in the house!

There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

springrite

The Andre is Back thread!

Welcome back!
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

André

Thank you, thank you, thank you and thank you!

:-*

Now, stop it !  ;D

Tom 1960

Quote from: André on April 26, 2014, 05:31:30 PM
Hello ! Just re-registered  $:). I'm not quite reacquainted with GMG' s new lores and mores. This just happens to be the first thread I've been looking at today.

Hi Tom ! Hi Mike(s) !!  Give me some time to feel my way in again !
Welcome back, Andre!!! 8)

ZauberdrachenNr.7

I don't even know André and I'm super glad he's back!

EigenUser

Quote from: ZauberdrachenNr.7 on April 30, 2014, 03:26:06 PM
I don't even know André and I'm super glad he's back!
Haha.

Speaking of missing members, I came across a member "Saul" in the composing/performing section one time and was intrigued. Too bad he's gone -- seems like an interesting person to have around here.
Beethoven's Op. 133 -- A fugue so bad that even Beethoven himself called it "Grosse".

kishnevi

Quote from: EigenUser on April 30, 2014, 03:56:46 PM
Haha.

Speaking of missing members, I came across a member "Saul" in the composing/performing section one time and was intrigued. Too bad he's gone -- seems like an interesting person to have around here.

Saul was interesting in a Chinese proverb sort of way.

Speaking of missing members,  there's been a major absence of postings about 20th century composers in the last couple of weeks; the absence of John (Mirror Image) is deeply felt.  (There are reports he's been seen hanging around the prog rock/jazz threads in the Diner, obviously a vicious rumor.  >:D )

Ken B

Quote from: Jeffrey Smith on April 30, 2014, 05:57:01 PM
Saul was interesting in a Chinese proverb sort of way.

Speaking of missing members,  there's been a major absence of postings about 20th century composers in the last couple of weeks; the absence of John (Mirror Image) is deeply felt.  (There are reports he's been seen hanging around the prog rock/jazz threads in the Diner, obviously a vicious rumor.  >:D )
It seems John has forsaken classical for good. I saw this on craigslist:

FOR SALE Excellent collection of 20th century classical music, all discs in pristine condition, many unopened. Includes huge selection of avatars and ranked lists of composers. Shostakovich half off!

There was an address in Georgia.

EigenUser

Quote from: Ken B on April 30, 2014, 06:04:55 PM
It seems John has forsaken classical for good. I saw this on craigslist:

FOR SALE Excellent collection of 20th century classical music, all discs in pristine condition, many unopened. Includes huge selection of avatars and ranked lists of composers. Shostakovich half off!

There was an address in Georgia.

You'd better hurry down fast! I bet he'll pay you to get any Nyman off of his hands!
Beethoven's Op. 133 -- A fugue so bad that even Beethoven himself called it "Grosse".

Mirror Image

Quote from: EigenUser on April 30, 2014, 03:56:46 PM
Haha.

No, trust me. You don't want Saul around. You really don't.

EigenUser

:laugh:

I know, you're probably right. But, I like the eccentrics. Keeps things interesting...

Mirror Image

Quote from: Jeffrey Smith on April 30, 2014, 05:57:01 PMSpeaking of missing members,  there's been a major absence of postings about 20th century composers in the last couple of weeks; the absence of John (Mirror Image) is deeply felt.  (There are reports he's been seen hanging around the prog rock/jazz threads in the Diner, obviously a vicious rumor.  >:D )

Thanks, Jeffrey. Yeah, I've been taking a break from classical for awhile. I also have been splitting time between GMG and the Prog Archives forum. I don't know when I will return to classical, but I don't see it happening anytime soon sorry to say. I'm just so hooked into prog rock at the moment.