Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cato and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Karl Henning

I once had an outbreak like that, but mild enough a case that I did not need to resort to antibiotics . . . .
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

North Star

Quote from: karlhenning on July 09, 2014, 04:43:18 AM
I once had an outbreak like that, but mild enough a case that I did not need to resort to antibiotics . . . .
Judging by your avatar the Barber was very mild indeed, Karl8)
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Karl Henning

On the phone with my brother earlier, he joked (on another topic entirely) with the noun razor.  "What's that?" I asked.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Ken B

Quote from: karlhenning on July 09, 2014, 08:54:15 AM
On the phone with my brother earlier, he joked (on another topic entirely) with the noun razor.  "What's that?" I asked.
I have a beard too but shave part of my neck. My electric is dying, and is awkward with a beard anyhoo, so I bought a good quality safety razor last week.

Henk

Quote from: Philo on July 08, 2014, 03:32:32 PM
You wish.

Wishing he left? No, I have always appreciated him. I want him to be back, but is he already really missing? Maybe he just takes a little pause?

Brahmsian

Quote from: Henk on July 10, 2014, 06:16:25 AM
Wishing he left? No, I have always appreciated him. I want him to be back, but is he already really missing? Maybe he just takes a little pause?

No Henk, John (MI) is still around.  He is in the diner (headphones and non-classical music threads)  :)

Henk

Quote from: ChamberNut on July 10, 2014, 06:50:22 AM
No Henk, John (MI) is still around.  He is in the diner (headphones and non-classical music threads)  :)

Yes, I noticed. Now only when he will join the "What are you listening thread" we can welcome him there also, because as another member wrote, has join turn his back towards classical music??

Brahmsian

Quote from: Henk on July 10, 2014, 06:55:44 AM
Yes, I noticed. Now only when he will join the "What are you listening thread" we can welcome him there also, because as another member wrote, has join turn his back towards classical music??

Don't think he has turned his back on classical music, at least not permanently.  I hope.  ;D

Henk

Anyone seen Knight? Can't remember his real name..

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Henk on July 22, 2014, 10:25:39 AM
Anyone seen Knight? Can't remember his real name..

Which of them? Gold Knight or Knight66?

Gold Knight has gone to greener pastures, he hasn't logged on since September last. Knight 66 and I had conversation just this morning.  :)

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Henk

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on July 22, 2014, 10:35:19 AM
Which of them? Gold Knight or Knight66?

Gold Knight has gone to greener pastures, he hasn't logged on since September last. Knight 66 and I had conversation just this morning.  :)

8)

Knight66, the moderator. I remember Gold Knight only slightly, would be nice to have him back as well.

Henk

Maciej? Also a moderator.

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Henk on July 22, 2014, 10:37:08 AM
Knight66, the moderator. I remember Gold Knight only slightly, would be nice to have him back as well.

Knight66 is always around, although he travels a lot. He's just quiet, not gone. :)

Quote from: Henk on July 22, 2014, 11:03:58 AM
Maciej? Also a moderator.

He took a graduate degree from university and is now planning on taking a degree in musicology. Splendid thng for him, but with young family, too busy to spend much time here now. :-\

8)

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Ken B

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on July 22, 2014, 12:15:40 PM
Knight66 is always around, although he travels a lot. He's just quiet, not gone. :)

Maybe the parrot is just resting.

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Ken B on July 22, 2014, 12:59:08 PM
Maybe the parrot is just resting.

Odd bird, the Norwegian Blue...  :)

8)

Brahmsian

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on July 22, 2014, 10:35:19 AM
Gold Knight has gone to greener pastures, he hasn't logged on since September last.
8)

I miss Gold Knight and his listening posts (conducted under the baton of "insert composer name").   :)

Sergeant Rock

sanantonio has gone missing.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

kishnevi

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on August 01, 2014, 08:02:23 AM
sanantonio has gone missing.

Sarge

Been gone for a while.   He did go off for an extended period once before, so I assume this is a similar situation.
I do particularly miss his posts to the 20th/21st century threads.

EigenUser

Quote from: Jeffrey Smith on August 01, 2014, 08:59:18 AM
Been gone for a while.   He did go off for an extended period once before, so I assume this is a similar situation.
I do particularly miss his posts to the 20th/21st century threads.
What a coincidence! I'm listening to Ohana's Cello Concerto "In Dark and Blue" right now, which I discovered thanks to a post by sanantonio.
Beethoven's Op. 133 -- A fugue so bad that even Beethoven himself called it "Grosse".

mn dave