Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirror Image

Welcome back, Zauber! I know what it's like to be 'a man without a computer' and it's certainly no fun! :)

Karl Henning

Quote from: ZauberdrachenNr.7 on June 30, 2015, 06:50:28 PM
Dudes, my humblest apologies; I set out for the 14th Annual Rochester International Jazz Festival fully intending to report daily, but sadly, without my confoundedly complicated GMG and email passwords.  Since I don't own a blackberry or a strawberry or elderberry nor any other similarly fruitful device - nor do my parents, my hoteliers in Rochester, I was a Man With No Computer (this is the modern equivalent of a Man Without a Country or perhaps more aptly, this digital age is No Country for Old Men.   Will report on the Jazz Fest and CD purchases mañana .     

Hope you made the best of a tech-less situation!  Welcome back!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Cato

Quote from: ZauberdrachenNr.7 on June 30, 2015, 06:50:28 PM
Dudes, my humblest apologies; I set out for the 14th Annual Rochester International Jazz Festival fully intending to report daily, but sadly, without my confoundedly complicated GMG and email passwords.  Since I don't own a blackberry or a strawberry or elderberry nor any other similarly fruitful device - nor do my parents, my hoteliers in Rochester, I was a Man With No Computer (this is the modern equivalent of a Man Without a Country or perhaps more aptly, this digital age is No Country for Old Men.   Will report on the Jazz Fest and CD purchases mañana .   

Great to know that you are back in action!  "Man With No Computer" sounds like it could be Karl's next work!  I can hear it now: a drone bass with a high wavering clarinet on Eb/E, and in the middle a lonely cor anglais singing a "beautiful melody"  ??? of lamentation...with a few mocking beeps and clicks muted trumpets.   ;)
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

ZauberdrachenNr.7

Quote from: Mirror Image on June 30, 2015, 07:36:50 PM
Welcome back, Zauber! I know what it's like to be 'a man without a computer' and it's certainly no fun! :)

Thanks, John, some Stenhammer was purchased there, as below. My first and of course, "all your fault." :)  Looking forward to spinning this today.

Mirror Image

Quote from: ZauberdrachenNr.7 on July 01, 2015, 04:25:14 AM
Thanks, John, some Stenhammer was purchased there, as below. My first and of course, "all your fault." :)  Looking forward to spinning this today.

Hah! Let me know what you think of those recordings as this was Jarvi's 'remake' of these works, which I don't own.

ZauberdrachenNr.7

Quote from: karlhenning on July 01, 2015, 03:29:52 AM
Hope you made the best of a tech-less situation!  Welcome back!

The jazz filled in the interstices quite nicely, but missed you guys.  Karl, you need to be perform some of your work here.  Have you seen the (comparatively) new and acoustically perfect Hatch Hall?

ZauberdrachenNr.7

Quote from: Cato on July 01, 2015, 03:38:17 AM
Great to know that you are back in action!  "Man With No Computer" sounds like it could be Karl's next work!  I can hear it now: a drone bass with a high wavering clarinet on Eb/E, and in the middle a lonely cor anglais singing a "beautiful melody"  ??? of lamentation...with a few mocking beeps and clicks muted trumpets.   ;)

I like your idea!  Karl, go for it!!!!

Karl Henning

Quote from: ZauberdrachenNr.7 on July 01, 2015, 04:29:24 AM
The jazz filled in the interstices quite nicely, but missed you guys.  Karl, you need to be perform some of your work here.  Have you seen the (comparatively) new and acoustically perfect Hatch Hall?

I don't believe I have.  Well, a visit or two to Rochester is not at all an outrageous thought . . . .
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Wakefield

Don (a.k.a. "Bulldog" and "Sammy") was online for the last time on June 22, 2015.

I hope he will come back soon!  :)
"One of the greatest misfortunes of honest people is that they are cowards. They complain, keep quiet, dine and forget."
-- Voltaire

Que

Quote from: Gordo on August 09, 2015, 08:53:37 PM
Don (a.k.a. "Bulldog" and "Sammy") was online for the last time on June 22, 2015.

I hope he will come back soon!  :)

Since he tends to take a break now and then, I trust he will be back.  :)

I just hope he does change his username again, I can't  keep up with your guys! ???

:D

Q

Brian

Quote from: Que on August 09, 2015, 10:02:32 PM
Since he tends to take a break now and then, I trust he will be back.  :)

I just hope he does change his username again, I can't  keep up with your guys! ???

:D

Q

I seem to recall an incident 2-3 years ago where somebody made the same complaint and everyone on GMG changed their username 4-5 times in the next 12 hours! George was Sheriff Buford T. Justice...not sure about everyone else...

Mirror Image

For the record, my screen name has never changed. My avatar on the other hand...

Mirror Image

I haven't seen Peter (Moonfish) or Nate (EigenUser) around in awhile. I hope they're just busy with life stuff and nothing bad has happened.

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Mirror Image

Quote from: karlhenning on August 26, 2015, 02:54:27 AM
It is August  8)

True, the summer months do show a decline in forum activity, which is understandable. :) I wish I had a life.

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Mirror Image on August 26, 2015, 02:50:15 PM
True, the summer months do show a decline in forum activity, which is understandable. :) I wish I had a life.

I've heard it's overrated... :-\

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Bogey

Coopmv (Stuart) though I can catch him on another board.
jwinter (Bill)
DavidW (The Doctor!)
David Ross
Chambernut (Ray)...but just saw him back!  :)
toledobass (Allan)....he pops up now and then.

If any of the above are using a new handle, I missed it and apologize.

Miss 'em all.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

kishnevi

Moonfish, where are you? I need to thank you for motivating me to get that Martinon box.

(He did check in three days ago.)

Karl Henning

I suspect it is mostly a matter of summer & family, but Andrei has been quiet some little while.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Florestan

Quote from: karlhenning on September 03, 2015, 03:38:57 AM
I suspect it is mostly a matter of summer & family, but Andrei has been quiet some little while.

Nice to see that I am missed.  :)

Summer, family and a recurrent lack of interest. Don't worry, though, I'll be back soon. 
Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini