Previous topic - Next topic

Karl Henning

Whenever you wish, mon cher.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Ken B

Quote from: Florestan on September 06, 2015, 05:56:59 AM
Nice to see that I am missed.  :)

Summer, family and a recurrent lack of interest. Don't worry, though, I'll be back soon.

Lack of interest? In moi??

Florestan

Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

Ken B

Me.
I have decided there are too many here who willfully distort and misrepresent. SO after this post I am deleting my account.
Farewell to most of you, in particular Andrei, Karl, Al, Leo, and both Gregs, whom I have enjoyed discussions with.

kishnevi

Quote from: Ken B on October 15, 2015, 11:54:16 AM
Me.
I have decided there are too many here who willfully distort and misrepresent. SO after this post I am deleting my account.
Farewell to most of you, in particular Andrei, Karl, Al, Leo, and both Gregs, whom I have enjoyed discussions with.
??? :'(

Brian

Ken couldn't resist the siren song of the politics thread, nor the temptation to bait others with his retrograde views and his slippery "debate" tactics.

Too bad, he was a fun poster when he talked about music, and was a source of some great recommendations for me. And, of course, I'll never be able to listen to La mer without dedicating the listen to him. ;)

EDIT: Just want to say I also hope he comes back.

TheGSMoeller

Me.

This is a -1.
Hope Ken keeps in touch or returns soon.

Brian

Just stumbled on this great old post. It made me laugh and smile:
Quote from: Ken B on June 06, 2015, 09:52:13 PM
I remember the first time I ventured beyond reading the SDCBT I saw table pounding, popcorn munching, pfffting, men named after pastries, and a rapidly changing picture labeled as a "mirror image." I feared I had wandered into a den of loons. But at least, I told myself, no sign yet that they are La Mer aficionados.

(poco) Sforzando

Me.

Does that mean I shouldn't post a review of the Cumberbatch Hamlet?
"I don't know what sforzando means, though it clearly means something."

Sammy

Quote from: Gordo on August 09, 2015, 08:53:37 PM
Don (a.k.a. "Bulldog" and "Sammy") was online for the last time on June 22, 2015.

I hope he will come back soon!  :)

And I have now returned.  I had a password problem and didn't get around to fixing it until just a couple of minutes ago.  In tribute to my older dog Sammy, I'll remain a Sammy.

North Star

Quote from: (poco) Sforzando on October 15, 2015, 02:45:42 PM
Does that mean I shouldn't post a review of the Cumberbatch Hamlet?
There are plenty of folks interested in reading it, (poco).

Quote from: Sammy on October 15, 2015, 02:59:40 PM
And I have now returned.  I had a password problem and didn't get around to fixing it until just a couple of minutes ago.  In tribute to my older dog Sammy, I'll remain a Sammy.
Hooray!
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Mirror Image

Welcome back, Sammy. 8)

Mirror Image

Me.

I think leaving because of some political disagreement, or whatever is was, is completely ridiculous. Everyone has a different POV, why you couldn't just deal with it, I simply won't understand, but if you feel you'll better serve another music forum or whatever, then best of luck to you. These are the very reasons why I avoid political and religious discussions --- they end up leaving a bad taste in people's mouth. You should have saved your energies and posted on a political forum and just posted about music here.

Brian

Hooray indeed!

And I for one (or rather, for another) eagerly await (p)Sfz's report.

(poco) Sforzando

Quote from: North Star on October 15, 2015, 03:06:24 PM
There are plenty of folks interested in reading it, (poco).

Soon. While all you guys were sitting around insulting each other, I was watching some overzealous director insult Shakespeare.
"I don't know what sforzando means, though it clearly means something."

kishnevi

Quote from: (poco) Sforzando on October 15, 2015, 03:49:28 PM
Soon. While all you guys were sitting around insulting each other, I was watching some overzealous director insult Shakespeare.

Sounds like a interesting review is in the offing, even if the play was not interesting.

Welcome back, Sammy.

The new erato

Hooray to Sammys return.

And leaving a classical music board on account of political discussions, seems strange. Stay away from them, I say, and remember that is not why you joined the board.

Jo498

While I did not follow the thread(s) that apparently caused Ken to leave in anger, I am surprised. I had the impression that he was more likely to cause someone else to leave because he usually did not hold back his opinion on about everything and sometimes in pungent words (and those snide remarks on La Mer got old rather quickly), but he seemed also to be able to "take some fire".
Tout le malheur des hommes vient d'une seule chose, qui est de ne savoir pas demeurer en repos, dans une chambre.
- Blaise Pascal

Sammy

Thanks for the greetings.  :)

Camphy

Quote from: Jo498 on October 15, 2015, 10:53:00 PM
While I did not follow the thread(s) that apparently caused Ken to leave in anger, I am surprised. I had the impression that he was more likely to cause someone else to leave because he usually did not hold back his opinion on about everything and sometimes in pungent words (and those snide remarks on La Mer got old rather quickly), but he seemed also to be able to "take some fire".

Agreed, and although the reactions above concerning political discussions are perfectly reasonable, KenB didn't mention anything other than wilful misrepresentation and distortion. Perhaps he meant something else too. 

Speaking about missing members: I missed RebLem's extensive posts in the Listening thread. Apparently he hasn't checked in for over two months.

Welcome back, Sammy. Always a pleasure to see someone join or return.