Hogan's Home

Started by madaboutmahler, December 22, 2011, 01:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madaboutmahler

Had an absolutely GREAT day at the academy today! I showed Matthew the nocturnes, and he was incredibly enthusiastic about them, giving them much praise and calling them my best yet. :)

And, right at the end of the day, Laure came back to visit the academy! First time I had seen her since her last day before the summer! It was so wonderful to see her and talk to her again! We spoke about a variety of things, including the violin concerto that I am going to be writing for her and dedicating to her. I am so happy that she is so excited about the idea, we are even talking about getting the people together to perform it with us! I am so incredibly excited about the idea of getting to work with her, she really is one of the most incredible, inspirational young musicians I have ever met! The violin concerto WILL be my best work yet, it has to be as it is for her. I want her to love it! Very excited to start working on it and to talk more with her about it! :)
"Music is ... A higher revelation than all Wisdom & Philosophy"
— Ludwig van Beethoven

Mirror Image

Great news, Daniel! I'll be interested to hear this Violin Concerto once you complete it. :)

madaboutmahler

Thank you very much, John! I am so excited and inspired by the idea of working with her, so I am really really looking forward to starting the concerto! :)
— Ludwig van Beethoven

madaboutmahler

A few updates:

I made a few revisions to the nocturnes, tidied the score up, and earlier this week sent them off to the Japanese pianist, Keiko Nishizu, whose performance I very much look forward to hearing! Matthew is also incredibly enthusiastic about the set so is expressing interest to find some more performances at the academy, which certainly would be very exciting!

Laure and I have arranged to meet up this upcoming Saturday at the academy to discuss the concerto. I have many ideas I want to tell her all about, and it will be wonderful to continue getting to know the dedicatee! We will probably also be able to talk about how we'd get the performance at the end. Very very excited! :) I have had many ideas for the concerto recently, and am very excited to start writing it! :)
— Ludwig van Beethoven

Lisztianwagner

Quote from: madaboutmahler on October 30, 2012, 05:47:09 AM
A few updates:

I made a few revisions to the nocturnes, tidied the score up, and earlier this week sent them off to the Japanese pianist, Keiko Nishizu, whose performance I very much look forward to hearing! Matthew is also incredibly enthusiastic about the set so is expressing interest to find some more performances at the academy, which certainly would be very exciting!

Laure and I have arranged to meet up this upcoming Saturday at the academy to discuss the concerto. I have many ideas I want to tell her all about, and it will be wonderful to continue getting to know the dedicatee! We will probably also be able to talk about how we'd get the performance at the end. Very very excited! :) I have had many ideas for the concerto recently, and am very excited to start writing it! :)

Wonderful news, Daniel! I'm sure Keiko will make a fantastic perfomance, she's a very fine pianist. I'm really looking forward to listening to your Nocturnes, and I would like to take a look at the scores as well. :)

The idea of a Violin Concerto is very enchanting, I wish you to find much inspiration! :)
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." - Gustav Mahler

madaboutmahler

Quote from: Lisztianwagner on October 30, 2012, 06:03:43 AM
Wonderful news, Daniel! I'm sure Keiko will make a fantastic perfomance, she's a very fine pianist. I'm really looking forward to listening to your Nocturnes, and I would like to take a look at the scores as well. :)

The idea of a Violin Concerto is very enchanting, I wish you to find much inspiration! :)

Thank you very much, Ilaria! :) I'm glad you are looking forward to hearing my latest work! I would be very happy to send you the scores.

Thank you! I am very very inspired for the concerto, I'll have to find a link of one of Laure's performances so that you know why! :)
— Ludwig van Beethoven

Lisztianwagner

Quote from: madaboutmahler on October 30, 2012, 06:32:45 AM
Thank you very much, Ilaria! :) I'm glad you are looking forward to hearing my latest work! I would be very happy to send you the scores.

Thank you! I am very very inspired for the concerto, I'll have to find a link of one of Laure's performances so that you know why! :)

Thank you so much, Daniel, you're very kind! :)
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." - Gustav Mahler

madaboutmahler

Realized I had not uploaded any of my work for quite a long time, so here is one of my more recent orchestral works from April this year:
http://www.youtube.com/v/XIkDjKEEJVw

It is called 'Fantasie' and is a short, atmospheric piece in two sections conveying my personal dreams and feelings, and is for a small orchestra.

Hope you enjoy it! :)

— Ludwig van Beethoven

Lisztianwagner

Quote from: madaboutmahler on November 01, 2012, 10:46:08 AM
Realized I had not uploaded any of my work for quite a long time, so here is one of my more recent orchestral works from April this year:
http://www.youtube.com/v/XIkDjKEEJVw

It is called 'Fantasie' and is a short, atmospheric piece in two sections conveying my personal dreams and feelings, and is for a small orchestra.

Hope you enjoy it! :)

Wow, such a dreamy, expressive piece; absolutely brilliant! I incredibly enjoyed the use of percussion here, it creates a very beautiful, intense atmosphere. Very nice crescendo as well!
Excellent job, Daniel! :)

madaboutmahler

Thank you so very much for your kind words, Ilaria! I'm very glad that you enjoyed it! :)
— Ludwig van Beethoven

madaboutmahler

Met up with Laure yesterday, at the academy, which was absolutely wonderful! :) I am so glad that she is so enthusiastic about the concerto, we discussed many ideas yesterday, it feels great to be working with her! A performance is also being planned for the future, will have more info when that is confirmed. I am so excited to start the concerto!!!! :)
— Ludwig van Beethoven

madaboutmahler

The last week certainly has been hectic! Loads of rehearsals for our school production of 'Guys and Dolls', which I am playing the cello part in. Really great fun, and am very excited for the shows which will be on 4 days next week! :)

Some updates:

- Keiko has sent me a message saying that she has started to practice my Nocturnes, very excited to hear her performance!
- The BBC have sent me a CD recording of the 'BBC Proms Inspire Concert', so hopefully I will be able to upload the whole performance of my 'String Quintet' soon!

Hope you are all well! :)
— Ludwig van Beethoven

TheGSMoeller

Great news, Daniel. Keep up the good work.  8)  :)

madaboutmahler

Thank you very much, Greg! :)

I see you have posted some more on your thread, will definitely make sure to check all of that out soon! :)
— Ludwig van Beethoven

Lisztianwagner

That's amazing, Daniel; I'm very glad for you! :)

madaboutmahler

Thank you very much, Ilaria! :)
— Ludwig van Beethoven

Lisztianwagner

You're welcome. The score of the Nocturnes looks great, now I'm anxious to listen to Keiko's performance. :) I would be also curious to listen to the whole BBC Proms Inspire Concert; when it was broadcast on the radio, only a minute of the 'highly commended' pieces was included in the programme.

Kastchei

Very good news, Daniel! Congratulations!

madaboutmahler

Thank you both for your kind words! :)
— Ludwig van Beethoven

madaboutmahler

Quote from: madaboutmahler on November 26, 2012, 01:08:25 PM
- The BBC have sent me a CD recording of the 'BBC Proms Inspire Concert', so hopefully I will be able to upload the whole performance of my 'String Quintet' soon!

Listened to this on recording Sunday, it was great to hear again (first time since the concert in August). The quintet from the Aurora Orchestra really did wonderful, it was an honour to have them play my piece! I shall hope to upload their performance very soon. :)
— Ludwig van Beethoven