The Back Room > The Diner

Classical Music Chat Room

(1/17) > >>

lescamil:
I decided to give this its own thread, since most people probably won't see it in the chat thread (just a copy-paste):

Hey, if anyone is actually interested in joining a real classical chatroom, I'm an operator at an IRC channel that is originally affiliated with another music forum, but we just invite everyone now from anywhere (since its now kinda dead). If anyone knows how to use IRC and is interested, we are on the PSIGenix network (irc.psigenix.net) at the #concerthall channel. Stop by if you want! I'm trying to get it going, and we can use more musically interested people.

If you want to chat, but don't know much about IRC, here is a quick link to a web-based version so you don't have to download anything and just want to pop in:

http://mibbit.com/#concerthall@irc.psigenix.net

My nick there is Buckwalt (in case you're having trouble finding me).

lescamil:
Really? Must not be working correctly. There are people in there and I have been watching it the whole time. I'll check out that link. There might be something wrong.

EDIT: Everything is fine on both ends. There are people in here. Come on in! If you don't see anyone talking, or anyone there, say something and see what happens. There are always at least 5-10 people in.

Mirror Image:
When I use that link: 1. what do I choose to connect to? and 2. what channel do I type in? I'm pretty clueless as to what to do.

John Copeland:

--- Quote from: lescamil on January 13, 2012, 09:48:55 PM ---Really? Must not be working correctly. There are people in there and I have been watching it the whole time. I'll check out that link. There might be something wrong.

EDIT: Everything is fine on both ends. There are people in here. Come on in! If you don't see anyone talking, or anyone there, say something and see what happens. There are always at least 5-10 people in.

--- End quote ---

I was in, I left 10 lonley notes to myself over the hour, then left.  So I did say something.  I said 10 things!  I will try again, but if no-one is there I will boil all my Saint saens symphonies in fury.   >:(

lescamil:

--- Quote from: Mirror Image on January 13, 2012, 10:45:28 PM ---When I use that link: 1. what do I choose to connect to? and 2. what channel do I type in? I'm pretty clueless as to what to do.

--- End quote ---

Just click the link, set your nick, and hit Go. Don't touch any other settings. It will open it up in a few seconds, you'll see all the users on the right side, and you can just chat away.

Trust me, it IS working correctly. I have been chatting in it for the past while nonstop and I've been watching to see if anyone comes in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version