The Music Room > Great Recordings and Reviews

Recordings That You Are Considering

<< < (3272/3280) > >>

Dry Brett Kavanaugh:
Somehow I have a thing about Vox recordings. Should I go for Vols. 1 and 2?

Mirror Image:

--- Quote from: Dry Brett Kavanaugh on October 17, 2021, 07:16:58 PM ---Somehow I have a thing about Vox recordings. Should I go for Vols. 1 and 2?

--- End quote ---

No! If you don't own Boulez, Martinon, Haitink or Cluytens in this repertoire, then you should consider them first. There's also a nice box set on Naxos:

Dry Brett Kavanaugh:

--- Quote from: Mirror Image on October 17, 2021, 08:11:59 PM ---No! If you don't own Boulez, Martinon, Haitink or Cluytens in this repertoire, then you should consider them first. There's also a nice box set on Naxos:

--- End quote ---

Except for the Cluyten, I have everything you said and a few other sets. I guess you don’t have good opinion on the Vox sets. The Naxos box is a fun music.

Mirror Image:

--- Quote from: Dry Brett Kavanaugh on October 17, 2021, 08:16:25 PM ---Except for the Cluyten, I have everything you said and a few other sets. I guess you don’t have good opinion on the Vox sets. The Naxos box is a fun music.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I mean Vox has done some good work, but it's kind of like would I rather drive a Lamborghini or a beat up old falling apart Pontiac that only has three wheels? BIS has a great Debussy orchestral series under Lan Shui that's worth looking into as well.

Dry Brett Kavanaugh:

--- Quote from: Mirror Image on October 17, 2021, 08:21:35 PM ---Yeah, I mean Vox has done some good work, but it's kind of like would I rather drive a Lamborghini or a beat up old falling apart Pontiac that only has three wheels? BIS has a great Debussy orchestral series under Lan Shui that's worth looking into as well.

--- End quote ---

Ok. Thank you for the candid opinion!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version