1812 Overture with handgun

Started by DrPengin, February 20, 2016, 09:28:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrPengin

Might sound strange, but I'm looking for a video, which hopefully exists, of someone playing a solo piano arrangement of the 1812 Overture, but in place of cannons, fire his handgun.

Gurn Blanston

Never heard of it, but who could it possibly be but Victor Borge?  :)

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

North Star

Maybe it's someone else firing a handgun at the pianist.  >:D
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Jo498

I cannot help but I have a completely hilarious "chamber version" of Wellington's victory with fortepiano and some rattles and percussion to mimick the guns etc. It's from a live recording at the  "Tage alter Musik in Herne 2001" and probably very hard to find.
Tout le malheur des hommes vient d'une seule chose, qui est de ne savoir pas demeurer en repos, dans une chambre.
- Blaise Pascal

ComposerOfAvantGarde

I would expect Victor Borge to have done something like this......have you seen the video you are looking for already or are you just wondering if this exists?

Que

Quote from: DrPengin on February 20, 2016, 09:28:35 AM
Might sound strange, [...]

Really?  ???

Quotebut I'm looking for a video, which hopefully exists, of someone playing a solo piano arrangement of the 1812 Overture, but in place of cannons, fire his handgun.

Personally I would opt for a version for a military band with a firing squad - which would make sense to me.  8)
I've been looking for that for ages, but no luck so far... :(

;)

PaulR

Are you sure you're not looking for Peter Schieckele's (Under P.D.Q Bach name) parody of "1712 Overture"?

jochanaan

Quote from: PaulR on February 21, 2016, 06:05:30 AM
Are you sure you're not looking for Peter Schieckele's (Under P.D.Q Bach name) parody of "1712 Overture"?
That was balloons, not a pistol.  :laugh:
Imagination + discipline = creativity