unrecorded Giuseppe Sinopoli?

Started by Scion7, March 10, 2012, 05:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scion7

Chiefly known as a conductor (don't have anything by him, at least not ringing a bell ...) - he also tried his hand at composition.

While Lou Salome is somewhat known and has been recorded, as far as I can tell, the following have never been (unless there is a radio broadcast?) :

- Opus Ghimal for orchestra (1971),

- Symphonie imaginaire for choruses, 10 children's voices and three orchestras (1973)

- Requiem Hashshirim (1976)

- string quartet (1977)

If you know of an album with any of these, please notify.  Just curious.
When, a few months before his death, Rachmaninov lamented that he no longer had the "strength and fire" to compose, friends reminded him of the Symphonic Dances, so charged with fire and strength. "Yes," he admitted. "I don't know how that happened. That was probably my last flicker."

springrite

Quote from: Scion7 on March 10, 2012, 05:13:49 AM
Chiefly known as a conductor (don't have anything by him, at least not ringing a bell ...) - he also tried his hand at composition.

While Lou Salome is somewhat known and has been recorded, as far as I can tell, the following have never been (unless there is a radio broadcast?) :

- Symphonie imaginaire for choruses, 10 children's voices and three orchestras (1973)

- string quartet (1977)

If you know of an album with any of these, please notify.  Just curious.

I only have Lou Salome and am curious about his other works as well.
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

Superhorn

Sinopoli recorded excerpts from Lou Salome for DG, but unfortunately not the whole opera .  I haven't heard this, and it's probably very hard to find, although you might try arkivmusic.com, by far the best place on the internet for classical CDs that are hard to find .

Lethevich

I think he originally set out to just be a composer, but then turned exclusively to conducting a bit later on - almost like Boulez looked like he was going to do for a while. I haven't heard any of his music though :(
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

snyprrr

Quote from: Scion7 on March 10, 2012, 05:13:49 AM

- string quartet (1977)

Yummy! :P

I've got that Bussotti ringing!