How many hours a day do you listen to classical music? Poll!

Started by Harry, April 11, 2007, 08:28:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many hours do you listen to classical music a day

between 1-3 hours
between 3-5 hours
between 5-7 hours
between 7-9 hours
even more

Harry

Quote from: springrite on April 12, 2007, 09:26:06 AM
OK, no more windmills. But would put a few pretty Dutch girls in their pretty Dutch traditional outfit, holding huge wheels of Gouda cheese in the background when you dance?

Again a cliche my friend. They are only in Gouda, and only for the tourists.
Give me a nice Chinese girl anytime, about my height, in traditional outfit, with a little bowl of rice, and a few sticks to...........with, and that would be a fine realistic image me thinks. ;D ;D

Florestan

Quote from: springrite on April 12, 2007, 09:26:06 AM
put a few pretty Dutch girls
Harry, my friend, I don't mean any offense, but I can't resist: the appropriate answer would be this:

We have little of them  ;D

Si un hombre nunca se contradice será porque nunca dice nada. —Miguel de Unamuno

springrite

Quote from: Harry on April 12, 2007, 09:30:51 AM
Again a cliche my friend. They are only in Gouda, and only for the tourists.
Give me a nice Chinese girl anytime, about my height, in traditional outfit, with a little bowl of rice, and a few sticks to...........with, and that would be a fine realistic image me thinks. ;D ;D

I am sure you are kidding when you appear to be picky about height, outfit (which I assume to be optional), food, and other accessories.

Harry

Quote from: Florestan on April 12, 2007, 09:33:25 AM
Harry, my friend, I don't mean any offense, but I can't resist: the appropriate answer would be this:

We have little of them  ;D

Well yes that's true no doubt. :)
I know a few though, but no, that's Danielle, and she is from Romania, but has a Dutch pasport now, and she is pretty, and Dutch, well sort of!

Harry

Quote from: springrite on April 12, 2007, 09:36:33 AM
I am sure you are kidding when you appear to be picky about height, outfit (which I assume to be optional), food, and other accessories.

True my friend, there is no deceiving you I see! ;D

Florestan

Quote from: Harry on April 12, 2007, 09:37:12 AM
Well yes that's true no doubt. :)
I know a few though, but no, that's Danielle, and she is from Romania, but has a Dutch pasport now, and she is pretty, and Dutch, well sort of!
I was just kidding naughty. Actually, I've encountered quite enough pretty girls in Netherlands during my stay there. I assume they were native Dutch because they were tall and blonde and spoke Dutch perfectly. :)

Si un hombre nunca se contradice será porque nunca dice nada. —Miguel de Unamuno

Harry

Quote from: Florestan on April 12, 2007, 09:42:39 AM
I was just kidding naughty. Actually, I've encountered quite enough pretty girls in Netherlands during my stay there. I assume they were native Dutch because they were tall and blonde and spoke Dutch perfectly. :)

Tall and blonde you say, oke I will look around ;D

springrite

Quote from: Harry on April 12, 2007, 09:51:30 AM
Tall and blonde you say, oke I will look around ;D

Tall and blonde? Don't just look around. Occasionally, do look up as well.  ;)

Harry

Quote from: springrite on April 12, 2007, 09:53:50 AM
Tall and blonde? Don't just look around. Occasionally, do look up as well.  ;)

Don't have to, I make them look up to me! ;D

Solitary Wanderer

1-3 hours a day for me.

Depending on what I'm doing in my studio I'll listen to 0-4 hours music during the day. Mainly non-classical, lighter selections that are part background.

In the evening I listen all most exclusively to classical music, usually learning whatever pieces are coming up at the next NZSO concert.
'I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.' ~ Emily Bronte

m_gigena

Approximately four hours a day. I spend lots of hours studying, with music as background. The music only stops if the contents turn into something really hard, requesting absolute concentration.

Quote from: Harry on April 11, 2007, 08:44:24 AM
Well not, if you love purchase music as I do. :)

Greta

About 3, give or take. If I'm at my computer or studying, I always have music on, about 90% of the time classical.  In the car, classical isn't great to listen to because of road noise obscuring the soft dynamics.

When I'm doing technical or brain-twisting work, I often go for minimalist/atonal pieces. I am sure this is a strange quirk of mine. :) But oddly, it seems to keep my mind alert and in the zone, whereas music with big themes demands my whole attention and I'll get so caught up in it I forget what I'm doing. Mahler especially, I really have to drop everything to listen to, and find him much more rewarding that way.

Steve

If we are to include listening whilst engaging in other activities, (i.e studying), then I'm in the 4-5 range. As for dedicated listening, somewhere in the 1-3 range fits me.

Haffner

Harry

Haffner

Quote from: Harry on April 13, 2007, 04:10:31 AM
That's my man, almost as obsessive as I! ;D

When something give me so much, on a daily basis, I see absolutely no reason to skimp on it. Music gives and gives...