Headphone users MUST read

Started by Bonehelm, July 08, 2007, 02:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M forever

Or rather siblings of the donut. I doubt it can be termed donut family since American versions of this kind of pastry oviously derive from traditional recipes brought over by immigrants.

beclemund

Quote from: Steve on July 14, 2007, 01:33:33 PMAs a college student, I'm aware of the widespread problem that you speak of. Chiding Apple for not including an option of IEMs, does not however, make much sense. They carry many third-party IEMs in their stores near the Ipod headphones. Young people simply aren't aware of the problem, and I'm not sure that responsibility should fall to Apple.

No other mobile audio device has enjoyed the success and nearly ubiquitous usage of the iPod (and add to that the iPhone which does some of the same things). I think it then becomes a responsibility for the product to make its users aware of the health risks of their product. While I agree that the ultimate responsibility should be to the buyer, I think it shows a real disconnect from the usage patterns of their consumers that Apple does not provide more information--and not hidden in small text on the final pages of some brochure--regarding ear health. It should be one of the first things you should see when you open the package. It also ensures your customers can still hear a decade later and continue to purchase your products if they find them rewarding and not responsible for them becoming deaf.
"A guilty conscience needs to confess. A work of art is a confession." -- Albert Camus

Bonehelm

Ok there, I just heard it from my history teacher...so I didn't know he wasn't 100% correct. Thanks for clearing it up.

MishaK

I just discovered this morning that my local artisan bakery here on the outskirts of Chicago, besides making excellent croissants, also makes authentic Berliner!  :D

Mark

Only on this forum can a thread about headphone misuse 'develop' into a discussion of donuts. ;D

beclemund

Quote from: Mark on July 16, 2007, 11:36:47 AM
Only on this forum can a thread about headphone misuse 'develop' into a discussion of donuts. ;D

Not true. Threads in this forum actually hold their form much longer than most other forums I have visited. :)
"A guilty conscience needs to confess. A work of art is a confession." -- Albert Camus

Bonehelm

LOL! yeah...I'm pretty amazed too

Bogey

I was going to mention this point mark, but I have been guilty of so many derailments that one could cut my hypocrisy with a knife.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

George

Quote from: Bogey on July 16, 2007, 08:22:08 PM
I was going to mention this point mark, but I have been guilty of so many derailments that one could cut my hypocrisy with a knife.

Yeah, but it feels so right...

;D

George

Quote from: Mark on July 17, 2007, 06:19:18 AM
That made me laugh. ;D

;D

Did you watch the video?

That one's a classic!

8)

PSmith08

Quote from: O Mensch on July 16, 2007, 08:26:51 AM
I just discovered this morning that my local artisan bakery here on the outskirts of Chicago, besides making excellent croissants, also makes authentic Berliner!  :D

That is indeed a happy discovery.

"On topic" is a dirty phrase as far as I am concerned. You're lucky that I've not started talking about which version of "How Do You Do!" I prefer (Not the one you'd expect). 

Thom

I bought the Sennheiser PMX 60 yesterday. It is a low-end headphone, I know, but perfect in combination with my iPod.

Bonehelm

To hell with $500 headphones. I'm just a high school student with not much to spend, not to mention I have better things to do with my $. ;D I got a sub $100 can and I'm really happy with it, it has been getting better since I started burning them in.

Mark

Quote from: Bonehelm on July 20, 2007, 02:43:01 AM
To hell with $500 headphones. I'm just a high school student with not much to spend, not to mention I have better things to do with my $. ;D I got a sub $100 can and I'm really happy with it, it has been getting better since I started burning them in.

What did you buy?

Bonehelm

Quote from: Mark on July 20, 2007, 03:09:50 AM
What did you buy?

It is the one you recommended, the K518DJ! Thanks for letting me know about this product. It has been sounding great so far.  :)

Mark

Quote from: Bonehelm on July 20, 2007, 04:18:01 AM
It is the one you recommended, the K518DJ! Thanks for letting me know about this product. It has been sounding great so far.  :)

Glad I could help. :)