The Music Room > The Jazz Lounge

New Jazz Releases

<< < (50/50)

T. D.:
FWIW, this link is a good source of info on new jazz physical recordings:

https://www.dustygroove.com/coming-soon/jazz

Lots of Japanese issues and vinyl, but that's today's market...
Bandcamp has many interesting releases (downloads too). There's a "Bandcamp Daily" page, but I don't know of any convenient summary.
I'm on e-mail list for some labels (eg Dark Tree), check some others' websites (eg NoBusiness).

Brian:
Anybody listen yet to the brand new Monk concert album (Palo Alto) or the brand new Art Blakey studio album with Lee Morgan and Hank Mobley?

Tom 1960:

--- Quote from: T. D. on August 26, 2020, 06:59:57 AM ---Sonny Rollins on Resonance, late Nov. / early Dec.
Only current info on Zev Feldman's Facebook page.

SONNY ROLLINS on RESONANCE! Coming November 27th for Record Store Day Black Friday. I'm honored and thrilled to announce "Rollins in Holland: The 1967 Studio & Live Recordings," Resonance Records' first archival release from the Saxophone Colossus himself, SONNY ROLLINS. Released in partnership with the Nederlands Jazz Archief this limited-edition 180g 3LP set and deluxe 2CD set (out Dec 4) is officially sanctioned by Rollins and is comprised of 3 different previously-unissued performances with bassist Ruud Jacobs and drummer Han Bennink in May of 1967 at VARA Studio 5 in Hilversum, the Arnhem Academy of Visual Arts in Arnhem, and audio from a televised performance at the Go-Go Club in Loosdrecht.
"Rollins in Holland" will include an extensive, over-the-top 100-page CD booklet and 24-page LP insert with a treasure trove of never-before-published photos from the actual performances, and essays by yours truly, Aidan Levy (currently writing a biography of Sonny Rollins for Da Capo Press) and my co-producer, the Dutch jazz journalist/producer Frank Jochemsen. I had the pleasure of speaking with Sonny for a wide-ranging interview, which will be included in the booklet, along with an interview Aidan had with Han Bennink and Ruud Jacobs at Ruud's home in 2018.

--- End quote ---
Looking forward to this release.

T. D.:
I'm not fond of the bulky plastic-laden format of Mosaic releases*, but will definitely shell out for this upcoming set:

https://www.mosaicrecords.com/product/lennie-tristano/

Dot Time Records and Mosaic Records, in partnership for the first time, are thrilled to announce the release of Lennie Tristano Personal Recordings 1946 – 1970. This 6-CD set, due out on November 15, chronicles over twenty years of stunning creative output from jazz luminary Lennie Tristano offering listeners the most comprehensive portrait of Tristano’s musical genius available.

*for instance, this will likely come in a huge 12"x12"x1+" package containing 2 fatboy CD boxes, when it could just as well fit into a space equivalent to one fatboy box. Granted there will be an elaborate booklet, but I'm downsizing and don't much care about that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version