Beethoven's Piano Sonatas

Started by George, July 21, 2007, 07:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidW

Quote from: prémont on April 23, 2024, 09:41:49 AMNor have I. They probably released very little classical music - if anything at all.

They were everyone, in every music store I went to.  $3 cds.  Oh wait it was Lydian not Lydia.  Here is one of the recordings I had:

prémont

Quote from: DavidW on April 23, 2024, 10:38:05 AMThey were everyone, in every music store I went to.  $3 cds.  Oh wait it was Lydian not Lydia.

Lydian? That's another matter. I recall them very well and I have kept a number of them, among which some excellent Beethoven piano sonatas (to stay on topic :) ).   It was Naxos' super budget label.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Brian

Yes, Lydian is affiliated with Naxos...some of the recordings resurfaced later on the next super-budget Naxos label, "Amadis." And many of the artists (like Wildner and Michael Halasz) reappeared on dozens of Naxos albums.

I am going through now to clear out some of the off-topic comments; I hope it is understood that this is just to keep things on track.

Madiel

My hope was for a different understanding. And you missed a couple.

Spills happen in a pub. But there's a difference between saying "I'll just clean up this spill that happened before anyone slips on it" and saying "please don't deliberately tip your drinks on the floor".

And the understanding you're currently giving is that if the patrons deliberately tip drinks on the floor, you'll come along and say "I'll just clean this up".

EDIT: I see that the rest of the spill has now been cleaned.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!