Beethoven's Piano Sonatas

Started by George, July 21, 2007, 07:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ritter, prémont and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

prémont

Quote from: AnotherSpin on Today at 04:00:40 AMNot pianists only. They create fictional galactic stars out of nothing, like Taylor Swift.

Indeed, she seems tailor-made for this business, yet she may be swiftly forgotten.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Madiel

Quote from: prémont on Today at 07:55:43 AMIndeed, she seems tailor-made for this business, yet she may be swiftly forgotten.

18 years is not a short career in popular music. Knock it off.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

AnotherSpin

Quote from: prémont on Today at 07:55:43 AMIndeed, she seems tailor-made for this business, yet she may be swiftly forgotten.

There's no doubt about it. These false idols of the crowd succeed each other with entertaining continuity, the crowd demands and expects variety. What is remarkable is that each next "star" is more ridiculous than the previous one. One thing is consistent, continuous decline.

Todd

Quote from: AnotherSpin on Today at 08:51:37 AMOne thing is consistent, continuous decline.

Get off my lawn.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

DavidW

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on Today at 07:33:48 AMHaven't heard of Lydia before now.  Where were they based out of?

Vox had some lovely recordings.  :)

PD

Sorry, it has been too long.  Do you remember laserlight?  They had some great recordings too!

prémont

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on Today at 07:33:48 AMHaven't heard of Lydia before now.

Nor have I. They probably released very little classical music - if anything at all.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

AnotherSpin

Quote from: Todd on Today at 09:04:03 AMGet off my lawn.

Drink water in small gulps, it may help. I'm not sure, but it wouldn't hurt to try.

DavidW

Quote from: prémont on Today at 09:41:49 AMNor have I. They probably released very little classical music - if anything at all.

They were everyone, in every music store I went to.  $3 cds.  Oh wait it was Lydian not Lydia.  Here is one of the recordings I had:

prémont

Quote from: DavidW on Today at 10:38:05 AMThey were everyone, in every music store I went to.  $3 cds.  Oh wait it was Lydian not Lydia.

Lydian? That's another matter. I recall them very well and I have kept a number of them, among which some excellent Beethoven piano sonatas (to stay on topic :) .   
γνῶθι σεαυτόν