What do you look like?

Started by Mark, July 11, 2007, 04:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark

Okay, we had this at the old forum (at least twice), so someone had to revive it here. ;D

There have been plenty of new members, so if they - and long-standing members, of course - aren't shy, let's put some faces to (screen) names.

You all know me from my avatar, so here's a picture of me taken a few years ago. Quite a few years ago, actually:

Your turn. :)

springrite

Vanessa thinks you look like Wayne Rooney.

I have been told several times by people from different countries that I look like (maybe also because I talk like) what they expected Lao Tse to look (talk\act) like.

Szykneij

Quote from: Mark on July 11, 2007, 04:16:53 PM
You all know me from my avatar, so here's a picture of me taken a few years ago. Quite a few years ago, actually:

You had hair in different places   ;)    :)
Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige

Mark

Quote from: springrite on July 11, 2007, 04:21:00 PM
Vanessa thinks you look like Wayne Rooney.

I have been told several times by people from different countries that I look like (maybe also because I talk like) what they expected Lao Tse to look (talk\act) like.

Bless Vanessa. Is that meant as an insult? ;D

Paul, that's you in your avatar, yes?

Mark

Quote from: Szykniej on July 11, 2007, 04:22:05 PM
You had hair in different places   ;)    :)

Read that the wrong way and it sounds a bit ... well, creepy. ;D

springrite

Quote from: Mark on July 11, 2007, 04:22:50 PM
Bless Vanessa. Is that meant as an insult? ;D

Paul, that's you in your avatar, yes?

1: No, just an observation.  ;D

2: Yes, that's me.  ;D

springrite

Quote from: Szykniej on July 11, 2007, 04:22:05 PM
You had hair in different places   ;)    :)

Or possibly, switched places.

PerfectWagnerite

Here is me, my wife and older daughter:

springrite

Heather Harrison

Mark - You look like you didn't really want to have your picture taken.  When I was a child, I hated to have my picture taken and I often made faces at the camera.

Here is a recent picture of me trying to look like my pioneer ancestors.  I think I did a good job of duplicating the sour facial expression that inevitably occurs on old photographs.

Heather

Solitary Wanderer

Heres me from about 5 years ago

and here me and my wife Maria celebrating her birthday about 3 years ago

'I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.' ~ Emily Bronte

Szykneij

Our Christmas card from a few years back.
Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige

Bonehelm

Ahhhh so many grown ups! I'm so scared!  :'(

bhodges

Such cool photos, people!  :D  (George, that photo makes you look like Bruce Willis' stunt double!  ;D)

I don't seem to have a more current one handy, but here I am about a year ago at the far right, with composer David Lang, his wife Suzanne Bocanegra (a video artist) and composer Carlos Sánchez-Gutiérrez, at the 2006 Look & Listen Festival here in NYC.

--Bruce

Choo Choo

This was taken at the 2005 Salzburg Festival one evening as I was making my way to the Pogorelich recital.  In this pic I am actually on the phone to another GMG member, who has just informed me that there's a drink waiting for me at the bar in the Karl-Böhm-Saal (hence the smile.)

springrite

Quote from: Choo Choo on July 11, 2007, 04:47:14 PM

This was taken at the 2005 Salzburg Festival one evening as I was making my way to the Pogorelich recital.  In this pic I am actually on the phone to another GMG member, who has just informed me that there's a drink waiting for me at the bar in the Karl-Böhm-Saal (hence the smile.)

Now you are required to post a post-drinking photo!

Mark

Suppose I'd better post something a bit more recent:

Me and my brothers and sister on my wedding day almost two years ago. :)

Bonehelm