Classical Recordings for Sale on eBay.

Started by tsrauser, April 28, 2012, 01:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsrauser

I've lurked around here for quite a while and have used many of the recommendation topics to guide me in choosing the right recordings. ... However, recent events have made it necessary for me to get rid of my huge classical CD collection.

EBAY SALES:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/javertymn/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

If anyone sees anything in my eBay sales that they wouldn't mind purchasing outside of eBay (via Paypal), just let me know and I'll remove the sale as long as it has not already been bid on.  I would like to avoid as many online fees as possible. ;-)

Thanks for taking a look! :-D

Tim

Gurn Blanston

Good luck with that, Tim. Certainly a nice bunch.

Wagner fans take notice!
8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

tsrauser

Sadly, I have sold all but 3 or 4 of the 23 Ring Cycles I once owned.  But I will have lots and lots of Beethoven, Mahler, Mozart, Puccini, and Verdi to part with over the next few weeks.

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: tsrauser on April 28, 2012, 03:01:07 PM
Sadly, I have sold all but 3 or 4 of the 23 Ring Cycles I once owned.  But I will have lots and lots of Beethoven, Mahler, Mozart, Puccini, and Verdi to part with over the next few weeks.

Ahem.... Haydn. :)

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

tsrauser

I did recently sell my Haydn Symphonies set conducted by Dorati.  I'm ashamed to say that I don't think I own (nor have I ever owned) any more Haydn.

tsrauser

Oh, it's not because of a financial hardship.  It has more to do with the astronomical amount of space my collection was taking up.  That combined with the fact that I haven't used my hi-fi equipment to listen to CDs for over 2 years forced me to consider whether or not I really needed to forsake the room.

As for the Rings, I've kept the Solti, Keilberth '52, Janowski, and Levine (the latter purely on the merit of the exceptional playing by the MET orchestra).  However, I may be parting with these as well, in time.  In these days, I get just as much pleasure out of listening to everything via my portable audiophile components as I did with my much larger system. ... There's just no need for me to retain the physical object -- as long as I have everything backed up, of course. ;-)

tsrauser

More things added, recently.  I have quite a few recordings of Carmen as well as the Levine, Furtwangler (La Scala), and Solti Ring Cycles.

I will be adding a bunch of Beethoven Symphony Cycles and Don Giovanni recordings over the next few days. :-)

bigshot

Quote from: tsrauser on April 29, 2012, 03:30:01 AM
As for the Rings, I've kept the Solti, Keilberth '52, Janowski, and Levine

I'd be interested in the Keilberth when you're ready to sell it.

tsrauser

It's gone, actually. :-/  Ultimately, I decided that I don't need to keep anything. 

bigshot

tsrauser

I am currently selling:

The Solti Ring
Monsterrat Caballe "Original Jacket" Collection
Complete Webern by Pierre Boulez
Shostakovich Symphonies by Rudolf Barshai
Chopin 200th Anniversary Complete Works box set on EMI
Atterberg Symphonies by Ari Rasilainen

http://myworld.ebay.com/javertymn

Check them out! :-)

tsrauser

I have several Wagner Ring Cycles on DVD on eBay right now, as well as a few symphony cycle box sets.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/javertymn/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Thanks for taking a look! :-)

tsrauser

I am selling 9 different La Boheme recordings as a lot on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Puccini-La-Boheme-9-Complete-recordings-on-CD-All-Very-Good-Like-New-/330833606523?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item4d0738377b

I've never sold like this before, so I'm trying to see if it works or not ... so far, no good. ;-)

tsrauser

tsrauser

Currently selling my Wagner Ring Levine DVD set (the old set with Morris, Jerusalem, Behrens, etc.).  Also, a listing of 17 SACD Hybrid recordings.