Author Topic: Insights, Snippets, Quotes, Epiphanies & All That Sort of Things  (Read 123137 times)

Offline Florestan

• Veteran member
Re: Insights, Snippets, Quotes, Epiphanies & All That Sort of Things
« Reply #820 on: July 20, 2020, 03:19:50 AM »
I use to live two blocks away from the street that bears Donoso Cortés' name here in Madrid. Until now, that was my only contact with him or his oeuvre (the chap has lapsed into almost complete oblivion in Spain, were it not for the street).

I don't think I was missing much ::), but thanks anyway for bringing him to my attention. ;)

Un abrazo, Andrei.

Good day, Rafael. It's precisely of you that I was thinking when posting that longish quote. I said to myself "Let's see if Rafael has ever heard of M. Le Marquis de Valdegamas." :D

Btw, you missed this one:

https://www.good-music-guide.com/community/index.php/topic,30017.msg1307106.html#msg1307106

;)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 03:22:05 AM by Florestan »
"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent." - Victor Hugo

Offline greg

• Veteran member
« Reply #821 on: September 09, 2020, 08:06:22 AM »
Normally I don't like quotes, as they are too simplified, but this one I heard of today, I really like.

From Schopenhauer:

“Talent hits a target no one else can hit. Genius hits a target no one else can see.”
Wagie wagie get back in the cagie

Offline Dry Brett Kavanaugh

• Currently Listening to:
    Eric Dolphy, Persian music, Sorabji, Scriabin, Sex Pistols
« Reply #822 on: September 10, 2020, 07:44:49 PM »
Normally I don't like quotes, as they are too simplified, but this one I heard of today, I really like.

From Schopenhauer:

“Talent hits a target no one else can hit. Genius hits a target no one else can see.”

My favorite philosopher.