Isaac Albeniz (Isaac Manuel Francisco Albéniz y Pascual)

Started by carlos, May 18, 2007, 09:39:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Quote from: Franco_Manitobain on April 23, 2023, 10:03:54 AMAnyone else familiar with this 9-disc set?  It came highly recommended by another member from another forum.

Personally not a fan of the Baselga. I like the Larrocha recordings below during the 1950s-early 1960s whereas I don't care her albums after that. For newer recordings, I think Goerner sounds decent. Fukuma is average.

Mandryka

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Quote from: Mandryka on May 25, 2023, 07:47:40 AMBecause it's too tough and intense?

To me, his performance sounds lifeless and a little superficial. I would like soulful, sorcerous Albeniz. It's just a personal preference.

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Recent listen. The Tagliaferro sounds like a salon piano a little, but sounds sweet and cute. I would want shadow and sensitivity in the music though. Although Alfonso is not a virtuoso, his performance is likable with some good ideas and interpretations. The Rubinstein is not for me. He plays the music as if it is Austrian/Russian compositions.

Atriod

I listened to Kotaro Fukuma play Iberia, what stunning piano playing. I was doing some comparisons with Michel Block immediately afterward and in comparison Block almost sounds like the music is just on the cusp of what he is capable of! (I know he is fully up to it)

I'll have to listen to Fukuma more because I wasn't really sold on the interpretations but I can't say why. It's not for a lack of rhythm or feel for the music.

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Albeniz in somewhat polished, European style. Plus, a few Falla and one Granados works. Likable music and sharp dexterity.