Mozart recording for children

Started by cboyne, February 18, 2013, 07:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cboyne

Hi there. I am new to the forum. I am trying to find the name of a recording I listened to as a child and I am hoping someone here can help.

The recording was for children and was similar in style to the the Classical Kids series of recordings (Mr. Beethoven Lives Upstairs, Mr. Bach Comes to Call, etc.) but I believe it was produced by a different company.

The story follows two citizens of what turns out to by Mozart's fantasy world. They are called Ina and Klina and in the story they travel a great distance to visit Mozart's sister Nannerl believing she may know something about their diseased or missing King. Nannerl answers the duo's questions believing they are reporter's interviewing her about her life. At a certain point she describes Mozart's elaborate fantasy world and Ina and Klina realize that Nannerl is describing their world. It is then concluded that Mozart was their king and they are living in a world of make-believe. They persuade Nannerl to travel with them to their world and she does so. Upon arrival, Nannerl recognizes nearly everything that she sees as being part of her brother's make-believe world.

I had this recording on tape cassette as a child. The tape was misplaced and I have been looking for it for a number of years. Despite scouring the internet and other resources, I have not found a single bit of information.

If you know this recording I would appreciate hearing any information you might have.

Thank-you kindly,

Chris Boyne

cboyne