Purchases Today

Started by Dungeon Master, February 24, 2013, 01:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GioCar

Vol.8 of the Suzuki's Secular Cantatas cycle. Just released. Maybe the final installment?

mc ukrneal

Quote from: Conor71 on May 27, 2017, 06:02:33 AM
Latest buys:

More cheap thrills :)

Both are good. Nothing cheap about it, except perhaps the price! :)
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

mc ukrneal

Quote from: listener on May 26, 2017, 11:43:31 PM
and SAINT-SAÊNS  opera PROSPERINE in the deluxe presentation of Palazzetto Bru Zale
That was fast!! I only noticed the cover image a couple of weeks ago!
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

ritter

Hat tip to Mahlerian (he mentioned this recording in the "Insanity of Abundance" thread):

[asin]B004Z3C1MS[/asin]
A whole lot of hitherto unkown to me Schoenberg piano pieces. Yummy! (even if they're all fragments). And I much admire Pi-Hsien Chen (her Boulez sonatas are first rate, and her Beethoven / Stockhausen disc is fascinating).

Mahlerian

Quote from: ritter on May 28, 2017, 09:03:40 AM
Hat tip to Mahlerian (he mentioned this recording in the "Inaanity of Abundance" thread):

[asin]B004Z3C1MS[/asin]
A whole lot of hitherto unkown to me Schoenberg piano pieces. Yummy! (even if they're all fragments). And I much admire Pi-Hsien Chen (her Boulez sonatas are first rate, and her Beethoven / Stockhausen disc is fascinating).

Cheers!  I enjoy this disc a lot myself.  She strikes a fine balance between the expressivity and clarity necessary for Schoenberg's music.
"l do not consider my music as atonal, but rather as non-tonal. I feel the unity of all keys. Atonal music by modern composers admits of no key at all, no feeling of any definite center." - Arnold Schoenberg

North Star

Quote from: ritter on May 28, 2017, 09:03:40 AM
Hat tip to Mahlerian (he mentioned this recording in the "Insanity of Abundance" thread):

That looks very good, Rafael.

Thread duty - a few things from Amazon UK mp

[asin]B01E5YIFV2[/asin]
[asin]B01IVLCI2W[/asin]
[asin]B0016420RA[/asin]
[asin]B00006I61G[/asin]
[asin]B01C7YTV24[/asin]
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Que

Back from a trip to one of the last Classical stores in Amsterdam (or rather store with a sizeable Classical section in this case).
Some special offers:

Q

North Star

Nice, Q! I was just looking at those same Christie reissues earlier today. . .
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Florestan

Quote from: Que on May 28, 2017, 12:32:38 PM
Back from a trip to one of the last Classical stores in Amsterdam (or rather store with a sizeable Classical section in this case).

Is Kruidvat dead for good? Some of my best purchases (Brilliant Classics) were made there in the 2000s in Eindhoven.  :)
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Ken B

Quote from: North Star on May 28, 2017, 12:38:21 PM
Nice, Q! I was just looking at those same Christie reissues earlier today. . .
I have most of those. Excellent. But you already knew that ...

Que

Quote from: Florestan on May 28, 2017, 12:48:26 PM
Is Kruidvat dead for good? Some of my best purchases (Brilliant Classics) were made there in the 2000s in Eindhoven.  :)

no, but they limit their assortment to toothpaste and deodorant these days... :D

They stopped selling Brilliant long time ago.

Quote from: Ken B on May 28, 2017, 12:55:13 PM
I have most of those. Excellent. But you already knew that ...

Right, Christie is a big favourite!  :) The two Luigi Rossi  discs are a  bit of a gamble though....

Q

Florestan

Quote from: Que on May 28, 2017, 12:57:08 PM
no, but they limit their assortment to toothpaste and deodorant these days... :D

Klootzakken!
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

aligreto

Locatelli: Concerti Grossi [Ruhadze]....

André

Quote from: Que on May 28, 2017, 12:57:08 PM

Right, Christie is a big favourite!  :) The two Luigi Rossi  discs are a  bit of a gamble though....

Q

I've never known Kruidvat for anything else than that kind of items (and assorted vitamins)  ;D. Back in the old days though, Carrefour had a nice LP department.

My JPC order came in, delivered by the postman who charged me 33$ for customs fees and taxes  ???. I think it's only the second time I've paid any duties on a cd order. That one was unusually large (for me  :D ), it must have alerted someone. I prefer when they snooze on the job.  :P

The new erato

Quote from: aligreto on May 29, 2017, 08:18:43 AM
Locatelli: Concerti Grossi [Ruhadze]....

You know that the whole Locatelli bundle (21 CDs) is available at jpc for 27 Euros?

kishnevi

My weekly dip at Arkivmusic

Zeus

Duron: Tonadas

I found, I sampled, I purchased.

Actually I was checking out a more recent album from Eva Juarez on Pan Classics, but I found I liked this one a lot more.
"There is no progress in art, any more than there is progress in making love. There are simply different ways of doing it." – Emmanuel Radnitzky (Man Ray)

aligreto

Quote from: The new erato on May 29, 2017, 01:39:36 PM

You know that the whole Locatelli bundle (21 CDs) is available at jpc for 27 Euros?

Yes, thank you. Just filling a major gap here [which I thought that I already owned  :-[ ]. I have most everything else in the set I believe  :)

Florestan

Quote from: Judge Fish on May 29, 2017, 06:22:32 PM
Duron: Tonadas

I found, I sampled, I purchased.

Actually I was checking out a more recent album from Eva Juarez on Pan Classics, but I found I liked this one a lot more.

Great find, thanks for sharing, on to my wishlist it goes.

Florestan

Quote from: The new erato on May 29, 2017, 01:39:36 PM

And what a great bundle this is!