Purchases Today

Started by Dungeon Master, February 24, 2013, 01:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Que

Quote from: André on October 07, 2019, 04:08:20 PM

I love the music of Kraus. I currently have 5 discs of his music but, much to my surprise, only one quartet and one symphony are duplicated in this set I just bought:

I'm a happy camper  :D.

And period performances (from various sources)... very interesting!  :)

Q

Harry

Quote from: SymphonicAddict on October 07, 2019, 04:48:29 PM
You don't be disappointed by this evocative music.

The samples sounded right into my alley. The order went out yesterday, lets see how long JPC will take to sent the items to me. Last time it was a full three weeks, while they practically live next door! :)
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

Harry

Added this one to the order from yesterday. Ondine has a small sale on JPC.
Jarnefelt's film music is romantic and even sentimental, but for being very curious about it, I ordered it anyways.

And the Second book of Madrigals by Gesualdo, which makes it complete. 1-5.
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

Moonfish

Quote from: "Harry" on October 07, 2019, 11:06:14 PM
Added this one to the order from yesterday. Ondine has a small sale on JPC.
Jarnefelt's film music is romantic and even sentimental, but for being very curious about it, I ordered it anyways.

And the Second book of Madrigals by Gesualdo, which makes it complete. 1-5.

Harry,
I would love to know what you think about Jarnefelt's music whenever you get a chance to do so! :) I'm quite unfamiliar with his works, but now I'm curious....
"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Moonfish

I realized that I never have listened to this particular Sibelius cycle (well, perhaps my memory fails me...).
A great deal and one can never have too many Sibelius cycles, right? Right.....?

[asin] B07178LF6Z[/asin]
"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

vers la flamme

Quote from: Moonfish on October 08, 2019, 12:32:15 AM
I realized that I never have listened to this particular Sibelius cycle (well, perhaps my memory fails me...).
A great deal and one can never have too many Sibelius cycles, right? Right.....?

[asin] B07178LF6Z[/asin]

I haven't heard this either, though I love the Berglund/Bournemouth cycle. I kind of want to pick up this Helsinki cycle while it's cheap...

SymphonicAddict

Quote from: "Harry" on October 07, 2019, 10:58:42 PM
The samples sounded right into my alley. The order went out yesterday, lets see how long JPC will take to sent the items to me. Last time it was a full three weeks, while they practically live next door! :)

That's weird! I hope they arrive as soon as possible.

Traverso

Quote from: j winter on October 07, 2019, 12:37:38 PM
A few downloads today... I tend to stick to CDs, but I've been geeking out a bit on Bach's WTC, and these were not easily available (and fairly cheap as downloads).... plus no waiting on the mailman  :laugh:

I listened to a bit of the Leonhardt book 1 over lunch; so far, absolutely superb -- if it's all as good as what I've sampled so far, I may have found my new favorite on harpsichord.

Congratulations with the Leonhardt box,do you have this one too,it is cheap ans very attractive.

Moonfish

Quote from: vers la flamme on October 08, 2019, 02:29:21 AM
I haven't heard this either, though I love the Berglund/Bournemouth cycle. I kind of want to pick up this Helsinki cycle while it's cheap...

Yes, that's why I went to it. For some reason I never noticed this reprint, but I'm looking forward to it.

<-----------  *Sibelius addict*
Anna Lappé

Papy Oli

A few cheap used copies ordered last night :

[asin]B000027QWZ[/asin]
[asin]B000027QX1[/asin]
[asin]B000027QVL[/asin]
[asin]B000000AYR[/asin]
[asin]B000000AXR[/asin]

With the Barbirolli 5/6 already in my collection, that leaves only the 1st symphony missing for a full cycle. I pondered about going for the full Hickox but the samples on the Lyrita website (particularly the 3rd & 4th) were too good to pass.
Olivier

springrite

Quote from: Papy Oli on October 09, 2019, 12:07:18 AM
A few cheap used copies ordered last night :

[asin]B000027QWZ[/asin]
[asin]B000027QX1[/asin]
[asin]B000027QVL[/asin]
[asin]B000000AYR[/asin]
[asin]B000000AXR[/asin]

With the Barbirolli 5/6 already in my collection, that leaves only the 1st symphony missing for a full cycle. I pondered about going for the full Hickox but the samples on the Lyrita website (particularly the 3rd & 4th) were too good to pass.

Rubbra symphonies are gems!!!
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

j winter

Quote from: Traverso on October 08, 2019, 08:37:04 AM
Congratulations with the Leonhardt box,do you have this one too,it is cheap ans very attractive.

Will definitely check that out, thanks :)
The man that hath no music in himself,
Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds,
Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils.
The motions of his spirit are dull as night,
And his affections dark as Erebus.
Let no such man be trusted.

-- William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice

The new erato

Yes, definitely a thumbs up for Rubbra, I have alle of the Lyritas and a couple of the Hickox discs,

Maestro267

I have 3 & 7, and 5 & 8 from the Hickox cycle, and 4 as part of the Lyrita British Symphonies box.

aligreto

Saeverud: Symphony No. 3 Violin Concerto [Ruud]

SymphonicAddict

Quote from: aligreto on October 09, 2019, 08:55:13 AM
Saeverud: Symphony No. 3 Violin Concerto [Ruud]

Casually I've been listening to his complete symphonies along these days. The 3rd is a very interesting piece, his longest symphony. I've heard till the 7th and I can say they are serious, somewhat severe, contrapuntal, with lots of energy mostly reaching the ending and eventually engaging. The 2nd Symphony is the least substantial IMO, though. I hope you enjoy the No. 3 and the rest of them if you get them.

aligreto

Quote from: SymphonicAddict on October 09, 2019, 09:12:19 AM
Casually I've been listening to his complete symphonies along these days. The 3rd is a very interesting piece, his longest symphony. I've heard till the 7th and I can say they are serious, somewhat severe, contrapuntal, with lots of energy mostly reaching the ending and eventually engaging. The 2nd Symphony is the least substantial IMO, though. I hope you enjoy the No. 3 and the rest of them if you get them.

This is my first foray into the music of Saevrud so thank you for the encouragement.

André

This one's a tough call: I have a few of these complete albums already, but the rest is repertoire that is arcane in most cases AND each of these Palazetto Bru Zane issues costs as much as this 10 disc compilation. Also, while production values are very high, I find it desirable to sample the vocal works before buying. Not all voices in these series are of the first rank. If It helps me avoid a costly disappointment, it will have served its purpose.

The set is to be released October 11.

springrite

Ludwig van Beethoven: Klaviersonaten Nr.29 & 32 (Ugorskaja)

Aulis Sallinen:Klaviertrio op.96

Salomon Jadassohn: Klaviertrios Nr.1-3

Richard Strauss: Vier letzte Lieder (Norman)

Edition Klavier-Festival Ruhr Vol.1-8 - Almanach 1997-2004 (10 CDs)

CD 1 Szymanowsky: Danse polonaise h-moll; Schubert: Walzer op. 18; Liszt: Valse caprice Nr. 6; Transkriptionen von Schubert Liedern (Ständchen; Erlkönig); Petrarca-Sonette Nr. 47 & 104 ; Faure: Barcarole Nr. 3; Chopin: Balladen Nr. 1 & 2; Debussy: Cloches a travers les feuilles; Et la lune descend sur le temple qui fut; Poissons d'or
CD 2 Bach: Contrapunctus IV & IX aus "Kunst der Fuge" BWV 1080; Mozart: Adagio KV 540; Czerny: Variationen op. 12; Tausig: Man lebt nur einmal op. 167; Schumann: Waldszenen op. 82 Nr. 1 & 2; Liszt: Ballade Nr. 2; Rachmaninoff: Prelude op. 32 Nr. 5; Chopin: Impromptu Nr. 4; Walzer Nr. 5; Nocturne Nr. 14; Etüden Nr. 7, 8, 12
CD 3 Schubert: Klavierstück D. 946; Chopin: Walzer Nr. 2; Scherzo Nr. 1; Balladen Nr. 3 & 4; Etüden Nr. 18 & 21; Schumann: Fantasiestück op. 111 Nr. 2; Liszt: Ungarische Rhapsodie Nr. 2; Gnomenreigen; Strauss: Annen-Polka; Goodyear: Klaviersonate Nr. 1 (1. Satz)
CD 4 D. Scarlatti: Klaviersonaten K. 466 & 551; Haydn: Klaviersonate H16 Nr. 50; Beethoven: Eroica-Variationen; Debussy: Prelude Nr. 10 aus Heft 2; Bizet: Jeux d'Enfants op. 22 Nr. 12; Rachmaninoff: Prelude op. 32 Nr. 12; Brahms: Walzer op. 39 Nr. 15 "Abschiedswalzer"; Weber: Aufforderung zum Tanz; Dauner: Wendekreis des Steinbocks
CD 5 Beethoven: Fantasie op. 77; Mendelssohn: Lieder ohne Worte op. 67 Nr. 2 & op. 85 Nr. 4; Brahms: Rhapsodie op. 79 Nr. 1; Liebeslieder-Walzer für Klavier 4-händig op. 52; Liszt: Ungarische Rhapsodie Nr. 6; Scriabin: Preludes op. 11 Nr. 1, 3, 9, 12, 15; Bartok: Tanzsuite Sz 77; Lecuona: Lola esta de fiesta; Andalucia; Piazzolla: Libertango
CD 6 Barber: Nocturne op. 33; Rameau: Prelude & Gavotte aus "Premier livre de pieces de clavecin"; Clementi: Klaviersonate Nr. 5; Beethoven: Klaviersonate Nr. 5; Schubert: Klavierstück D. 946 Nr. 1; Mendelssohn: Variations serieuses op. 54; Liszt: Rhapsodie espagnole; Cage: One für 1-4 Klaviere
CD 7 Bach: Italienisches Konzert BWV 971; Reger: Episoden op. 115 Nr. 1 & 3; Chopin: Nocturne Nr. 3; Andante spianato & Grande Polonaise op. 22; Preludes Nr. 1, 2, 16; Rachmaninoff: Etude-Tableaux op. 39 Nr. 9; Schumann: Romanze op. 28 Nr. 2; Widmung; Prokofieff: Klaviersonate Nr. 3; Romeo & Julia op. 75 Nr. 6; Sauer: Boite a Musique; Murmure du vent
CD 8 Haydn: Klaviersonaten H. 16 Nr. 43 & 46; Variationen über "Gott erhalten Franz den Kaiser"; Mozart: Klaviersonaten Nr. 9 & 14; Brubeck: Castilian Blues
CD 9 Furrer: 3 Klavierstücke; Voicelessnes ,,The snow has no voice"; Neuwirth: Marsyas; Staud: Bewegungen; Killmayer: 11 Erzählungen vom Diesseits & Jenseits ,,Hüben und Drüben"; Pärt: Hymn to a great City für 2 Klaviere
CD 10 Schumann: Kreisleriana; Liszt: Ave Maria; Les jeux d'eau a la Villa d'Este; Reminiscences de "Simone Boccanegra; Csardas obstine; Kurtag: 8 Klavierstücke op. 3

Claudio Abbado Symphonien Edition - Beethoven
Medium: 10 CDs

Robert Schumann: Sonaten für Violine & Klavier Nr.1-3 (Faust)

Patricia Kopatchinskaja - Time & Eternity

Alfred Schnittke: Cellokonzert Nr.2 (1989/90)
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

Introverted

Latest buy:

[asin]B00SNZX3JE[/asin]