Purchases Today

Started by Dungeon Master, February 24, 2013, 01:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Que

I should catch up with the Naïve Vivaldi series!  :)

This shipment just arrived from jpc:

Q

San Antone

Quote from: Que on October 23, 2019, 01:22:44 PM
I should catch up with the Naïve Vivaldi series!  :)

This shipment just arrived from jpc:

Q

Some really nice looking stuff there, Que.  Of special interest to me is the Lasso disc, Hymnus.

Mirror Image

Quote from: SymphonicAddict on October 23, 2019, 10:47:38 AM
Better late than never, albeit knowing your tastes, perhaps Langgaard don't be of your affections.

It depends of which Langgaard he listens to, though. ;) I think Jeffrey will find much enjoyment in Symphony No. 6, "Heaven-storming".

JBS

We'll find out.
Meanwhile I just took a slight gamble.

The seller listed it as a "used--like new" copy for $21.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Moonfish

Quote from: Mookalafalas on October 23, 2019, 03:02:34 AM
I'm not a big opera fan, and among opera singers Callas is not my favorite. And yet, for less than $100US, including shipping from Amazon UK, I couldn't resist.  Maybe I can learn to love her as so many (this is to you, Peter!) do.

[asin]B00KN15P56[/asin]

Love Callas's voice. Join us....

"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Maestro267

Poulenc: Concertos, various works for voices and ensembles, Gloria, Stabat Mater (5 CDs)
Various soloists, orchestras/Dutoit

steve ridgway

I am hedging my bets ;).

[asin]B000025WUA[/asin]

Que

Another visit to the weekly local 2nd hand books & antiques market:

I don't want to be insensitive.... but.... it seems that CD collectors of the oldest generation have frequently an appointment with their maker...
There's crates and crates of the stuff....  ???

This poor soul was obviously a fan of Baroque music, Svatoslav Richter, singers from the '50s and 60's and old style Jazzz.
When I took a sip of my gin tonic just now,  I made a silent toast... I hope his appointment went well.

Q

steve ridgway

Quote from: Que on October 24, 2019, 09:02:11 AM
Another visit to the weekly local 2nd hand books & antiques market:

I don't want to be insensitive.... but.... it seems that CD collectors of the oldest generation have frequently an appointment with their maker...
There's crates and crates of the stuff....  ???

This poor soul was obviously a fan of Baroque music, Svatoslav Richter, singers from the '50s and 60's and old style Jazzz.
When I took a sip of my gin tonic just now,  I made a silent toast... I hope his appointment went well.

Q

Well it's good that these CDs are going back on the market so other people can have the opportunity of listening to them, the previous owners might be pleased to know that  :).

Que

Quote from: 2dogs on October 24, 2019, 09:19:50 AM
Well it's good that these CDs are going back on the market so other people can have the opportunity of listening to them, the previous owners might be pleased to know that  :).

I like to think so!  :)  I would...

BTW this development makes me think that the used market will be booming in the decades to come.

Q

aligreto

Quote from: Que on October 24, 2019, 09:02:11 AM

Q

A very nice gesture  8)

Que

Quote from: aligreto on October 24, 2019, 09:42:40 AM
A very nice gesture  8)

I must admit that, despite the alcohol, the realisation that some day it will be my collection in those crates, was a rather sobering thought...

Although by that time there might be nobody left interested....
Hardly anyone I know now understands why I bother with those plastic discs already....  ::)

Q

Harry

Quote from: Que on October 24, 2019, 09:29:43 AM

BTW this development makes me think that the used market will be booming in the decades to come.

Q

Yes, this is what I thought too :(
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

Harry

Quote from: Que on October 24, 2019, 09:57:17 AM
I must admit that, despite the alcohol, the realisation that some day it will be my collection in those crates, was a rather sobering thought...

Although by that time there might be nobody left interested....
Hardly anyone I know now understands why I bother with those plastic discs already....  ::)

Q

These could be my words Rego........
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

André

Quote from: "Harry" on October 24, 2019, 10:23:21 AM
These could be my words Rego........

+1.

One of my daughters made it very clear that she expected me to get rid of all that before I conk out. She doesn't want to be stuck with cartloads of useless, unsaleable CDs.... ::)

aligreto

Quote from: Que on October 24, 2019, 09:57:17 AM

Q

So, just enjoy them while you can  ;)

Que

Irons

Quote from: Que on October 24, 2019, 09:29:43 AM

Q

CD's are perfect second-hand as they either work or they don't, unlike vinyl there is no middle ground. I am shocked how low the prices are. I use two eBay sellers - World of Books and Music Magpie.
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

vers la flamme

Just ordered this on amazon. Karel Ancerl conducting the Czech Philharmonic. Violin concertos by Mendelssohn, Bruch, and Berg, three masterpieces. Soloist Josef Suk (what relation is he to the composer, grandson?)

Daverz

Quote from: vers la flamme on October 25, 2019, 01:49:26 AM

Just ordered this on amazon. Karel Ancerl conducting the Czech Philharmonic. Violin concertos by Mendelssohn, Bruch, and Berg, three masterpieces. Soloist Josef Suk (what relation is he to the composer, grandson?)

Yes, grandson of the composer Suk and great-grandson of Dvorak.