Purchases Today

Started by Dungeon Master, February 24, 2013, 01:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry

Due to a sale of Brilliant boxes at JPC, for ridiculous prices I bought 2 boxes.

Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

Mirror Image

Bought during the system crash:

I told myself I wasn't going to be buying any more recordings during the pandemic and, boy, have I continued to make a fool out of myself with such pronouncements.

JBS

Quote from: "Harry" on May 22, 2020, 07:57:12 AM
Due to a sale of Brilliant boxes at JPC, for ridiculous prices I bought 2 boxes.

I have the  Alkan, it's well worth having. I have one or two of the individual issues of the Monteverdi, but not enough to give an opinion on the set.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

TheGSMoeller

Been working on a big Early Music haul for the past month or so. There are even a few others I didn't post a pretty picture of, one more Josquin (Clerk's Group), two Ockeghem (Tallis Scholars, Oxford Camerata), and Requiem compilation (Tallis Scholars). I have a few more I'd like to get, as I'm becoming more and more obsessed with this era.

Mirror Image

A few Popov recordings I didn't have:

Symphonic Addict

Quote from: Mirror Image on May 23, 2020, 11:41:00 AM
A few Popov recordings I didn't have:

Two truly winning discs there! I enjoy each work from those recordings.
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

Mirror Image

Quote from: Symphonic Addict on May 23, 2020, 12:36:21 PM
Two truly winning discs there! I enjoy each work from those discs.

Excellent, Cesar. I already owned the one with Symphonies Nos. 1 & 2, so it was high time I completed this series.

André

Quote from: Symphonic Addict on May 23, 2020, 12:36:21 PM
Two truly winning discs there! I enjoy each work from those recordings.

+1  :)

JBS

This landed today

Turns out of the 10 CDs in the Fromm set, I have four as part of other sets. But that leaves six others, at least a couple of which seem never have made it to CD before now.

Undersea

Got a few items on the way:

[asin]B07Y982T7R[/asin]

[asin]B003Y3MYWW[/asin]

The above 2 items have been in transit for a couple of months already - I will get them eventually...

I hardly ever buy Period Performances - I like Gardiners work though... :)

[asin]B002UPQEL2[/asin]

Have the above as a Download and have had it on high rotation of late (so thought I'd pick up a Physical copy of the recordings)...

Maestro267

Villa-Lobos: Introduction to the Choros; Choros Nos. 1-4, 6, 8-10, 12; Two Choros (bis)
Various performers, Sao Paulo SO/Neschling

springrite

OK, so I didn't follow my no-purchase rule this year. But next week is return to work week, as life gets back to "normal". Cause for celebration?

Gioacchino Rossini: Il Viaggio a Reims

Jean-Michel Damase: Symphonie
+Klavierkonzert Nr. 1; Flötenkonzert; Concertino für Klavier & Streichorchester

Giuseppe Verdi: Tutto Verdi - The Complete Operas (Blu-ray)
Medium: 27 Blu-ray Discs

Camilla Wicks - Violin Concertos & Pieces
Sibelius: Violinkonzert op. 47 +Barber: Violinkonzert op. 14 +Beethoven: Violinkonzert op. 61 +Mendelssohn: Violinkonzert op. 64; Auf Flügeln des Gesanges op. 34 Nr. 2 +Tschaikowsky: Violinkonzert op. 35 +Wieniawski: Violinkonzerte Nr. 1 & 2 +Brahms: Ungarischer Tanz Nr. 7 für Violine & Klavier +Chopin: Nocturnes D-Dur op. 27 Nr. 2 & cis-moll op. posth. für Violine & Klavier +Schubert: Ave Maria für Violine & Klavier +Kreisler: Tambourin chinois +Sarasate: Introduction & Tarantelle op. 43; Malaguena +Brustad: The Troll's Windmill für Violine solo +Benjamin: Santo Domingo; Jamaican Rumba

Hector Berlioz: L'Enfance du Christ (NAXOS)

Ludwig van Beethoven: Symphonien Nr.1-9 (Scherchen)

Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

Symphonic Addict

Quote from: Undersea on May 24, 2020, 05:01:48 AM

[asin]B07Y982T7R[/asin]

Some intensely endearing music waits for you in this magnificent set.
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

JBS

[asin]B07Y982T7R[/asin]

[asin]B003Y3MYWW[/asin]

The above 2 items have been in transit for a couple of months already - I will get them eventually...

Well worth having once they get to you.

Christo

... music is not only an 'entertainment', nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

Mirror Image

Quote from: Christo on May 24, 2020, 08:57:38 AM
Will play it again - ages ago - tomorrow.  :)

Very nice, Christo. Let me know what you think about it.

Mirror Image

Quote from: Undersea on May 24, 2020, 05:01:48 AMGot a few items on the way:

[asin]B07Y982T7R[/asin]

[asin]B003Y3MYWW[/asin]

[asin]B002UPQEL2[/asin]

Pounds the table!

TheGSMoeller

JBS

Pohjolas Daughter

[asin]B07Y982T7R[/asin]

[asin]B003Y3MYWW[/asin]

I remember reading good things about the Bartok and am looking forward to your reviews.  Langgaard is also on my radar.  :-)

PD

I hardly ever buy Period Performances - I like Gardiners work though... :)

[asin]B002UPQEL2[/asin]

Have the above as a Download and have had it on high rotation of late (so thought I'd pick up a Physical copy of the recordings)...
Pohjolas Daughter