Purchases Today

Started by Dungeon Master, February 24, 2013, 01:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirror Image

Quote from: aligreto on April 22, 2021, 01:57:30 AM
Batten down the hatches for the storm sequence on that one, John!

8) Very nice, Fergus.

Mirror Image

Just bought:

I'm quite surprised I didn't buy this when it came out as I do rather enjoy Guarnieri's music.

Mirror Image

Expanded my Zemlinsky collection a bit:

vandermolen

Nerve went  ::)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Florestan

My Late Romantic binge continues.  8)

There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Mirror Image

Quote from: Florestan on April 23, 2021, 10:26:37 AM
My Late Romantic binge continues.  8)

The last image isn't showing up, Andrei. Must be a broken link.

JBS

Igor Fyodorovich from Amazon MP, the other two from Arkivmusic

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Mirror Image

Quote from: JBS on April 23, 2021, 07:21:16 PM
Igor Fyodorovich from Amazon MP, the other two from Arkivmusic

Sweet! I haven't even listened to anything from the set, because the metadata isn't there. I hope Warner fixes this problem soon as I want to dig into that set.

vandermolen

These three arrived today. Only the Bloch CD is new. Fortunately I was able to intercept the packages and initiate smuggling procedures.  >:D
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Florestan

Quote from: Mirror Image on April 23, 2021, 07:17:15 PM
The last image isn't showing up, Andrei. Must be a broken link.

Asger Hammerik - The Complete Symphonies --- Thomas Dausgaard / Danish NSO and Choir
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Mirror Image

Quote from: Florestan on April 24, 2021, 03:47:19 AM

Asger Hammerik - The Complete Symphonies --- Thomas Dausgaard / Danish NSO and Choir

8)

Carlo Gesualdo

I bought a surprise Johannes Martinni, a Franco-Flemish whit link to Jacob Obrecht, to a point of similarity, they said they most had know each others, it's a new release , to be release soon, next month.

I am so exited, love '' Le mirroir de la musique'' ensemble of Batiste Romain, he a good director, so took some chance perhaps it's fabulous, will see.

Stürmisch Bewegt

THANKS be to Que :

Leben heißt nicht zu warten, bis der Sturm vorbeizieht, sondern lernen, im Regen zu tanzen.

vandermolen

Uuno Klami: 'Psalmus'

Fritz Kobus

Only thing is that the liner notes are not in English in this set. Nice packaging, clamshell, cardboard sleeves, nice artwoork on the sleeves and disks.

Que

André

Symphonic Addict

Quote from: vandermolen on April 25, 2021, 12:33:30 AM
Uuno Klami: 'Psalmus'

A good purchase, Jeffrey. I remember enjoying this piece, which shows Klami in a more spiritual vein.
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

Mirror Image

Bought earlier today --- h/t to Cesar (SymphonicAddict):

JBS

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk