Maxwell Davies
Symphony No. 2/St. Thomas Wake
Symphony No. 3/Cross Lane Fair
Symphonies Nos. 4* & 5
BBC Philharmonic (except * Scottish Chamber Orchestra)/Maxwell Davies

Carter: String Quartets Nos. 1-5
Pacifica Quartet

Spotted Horses

Quote from: Brian on June 02, 2023, 07:05:32 AMused copies of two discs that are getting hard to find either physically or on streaming:

Barenboim's Mahler 7

I demand to know why it is not streaming!
(I've turned into that guy.)
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Spotted Horses on June 02, 2023, 08:32:51 AMI demand to know why it is not streaming!
(I've turned into that guy.)

lol  ;D

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Florestan

Hat tip to @Brian for the Adam disc.
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

JBS

Amazon MP pricing for this is now in the low 30s USD, including s/h, so pulled the trigger

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Wanderer

Todd

Downloads from a variety of sources.  Qobuz has a BIS sale, so I snapped up some FPZ titles before I get my hands on the oft-delayed Warner FPZ box.  Chochieva ended up in the cart, just because, and the Hyperion Morales recording was necessary given that its Morales.  The Robison is a freebie from ClassicSelectWorld.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

VonStupp

Heard a few of the Chandos cycle, but never owned Malcolm Arnold's symphonies. Found it fairly cheap this week.
VS

"All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff."

vers la flamme

Quote from: VonStupp on June 05, 2023, 10:58:24 AMHeard a few of the Chandos cycle, but never owned Malcolm Arnold's symphonies. Found it fairly cheap this week.
VS

Who conducts? Also, I did not know there were 11 of them. I only know of 1-9.

VonStupp

Quote from: vers la flamme on June 05, 2023, 02:34:55 PMWho conducts? Also, I did not know there were 11 of them. I only know of 1-9.

It is Handley with the RPO and Liverpool. This set includes the Symphony for Strings and the Symphony for Brass Instruments to total eleven.
VS
"All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff."

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: vers la flamme on June 05, 2023, 02:34:55 PMWho conducts? Also, I did not know there were 11 of them. I only know of 1-9.

Details at Discogs.

DavidW

Quote from: Maestro267 on June 02, 2023, 08:28:24 AMCarter: String Quartets Nos. 1-5
Pacifica Quartet

Great works and great performances!

Spotted Horses

Martinon, The Philips Legacy.

Interested in this primarily because it contains recordings by the Orchestre des Concerts Lamoureux made in the mid-50's. I have an interest in old French orchestra recordings, and there is some interesting repertoire here from Martinon.

Was a bit of a struggle. At first was frustrated that it was not available as a download in the U.S., although someone here mentioned it was available from Presto in the UK. I emailed presto about a month ago and, lo and behold, they replied with a link where I could order it, for $13. :)
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

Florestan

There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Wanderer

Brian

Just ordered:

plus the complete DVD/Blu-Ray respectively of Foyle's War and The Wire

JBS

Presto order

Wilms: Clarinet Concerto & Sinfonie Concertante
CD, quantity: 1, Accent ACC24391

Jose Antônio de Almeida Prado: Sinfonia Dos Orixas;
Pequenos Funerais Cantantes
CD, quantity: 1, Naxos 8574411

J.S. Bach: The Art of Fugue
CD, quantity: 1, Harmonia Mundi HMM902717 [Cuarteto Casals]

Bruckner: Symphony No. 7
CD, quantity: 1, Warner Classics 5419761966 [Lahav Shani conducting Rotterdam Philharmonic]

Beethoven: Piano Concerto Nos. 3 & 4
CD, quantity: 1, Warner Classics 5419726309 [Elizabeth Leonskaja pianist, Orchestre National du Capitole de Toulouse, Tugan Sokhiev conductor]

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Wanderer

Wanderer