Purchases Today

Started by Dungeon Master, February 24, 2013, 01:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ritter

Quote from: pjme on June 10, 2019, 02:04:43 AM

Frauenchor und Männerchor Bayer Leverkusen? I suppose that when they perfom Mahler's Eighth, they strengthen the choral masses with Borussia Dortmund and Schalke 04.  ;)

Jo498

The huge pharmaceutical/chemical company Bayer has had choirs and orchestras probably as long as it sponsored sports clubs although the former's impact is more local.
Tout le malheur des hommes vient d'une seule chose, qui est de ne savoir pas demeurer en repos, dans une chambre.
- Blaise Pascal

Wanderer

Souvenirs from Vienna:

[asin]B07GW3XFBB[/asin][asin]B000REGIQE[/asin][asin]B001EZ1H1Q[/asin][asin]B07KLCRT8L[/asin][asin]B07FGT6XRC[/asin][asin]B07QCDBXYP[/asin]

Regarding the Wiener Symphoniker's Berlioz release, I attended one of the (two?) November 2018 Musikverein concerts during which the album was recorded. A most memorable evening.

pjme

Quote from: ritter on June 12, 2019, 12:49:40 AM
Frauenchor und Männerchor Bayer Leverkusen? I suppose that when they perfom Mahler's Eighth, they strengthen the choral masses with Borussia Dortmund and Schalke 04.  ;)

Haha!  they seem to be a lively bunch anyway.
https://youtu.be/LQAD9qhf1e0

Antwerp has a large Bayer plant - apparently the Philharmoniker perform here aswell (both in the catherdral in concerthalls).

That Suite for organ and orchestra turns out to be the original version of Bruch's concerto for two pianos (which has its own stormy history!)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concerto_for_Two_Pianos_and_Orchestra_(Bruch)

https://www.youtube.com/v/fEQmJskKQsshttps://www.youtube.com/v/d2H3f5RYxms

aligreto

Vivaldi Concerti per fagotto IV

Que

Quote from: aligreto on June 12, 2019, 07:53:05 AM
Vivaldi Concerti per fagotto IV

I'm becoming predictable, perhaps. But that is a great recording!  :)

Q

aligreto

Quote from: Que on June 12, 2019, 08:43:15 AM
I'm becoming predictable, perhaps. But that is a great recording!  :)

Q

Thank you Que. I just do not know why I have not bought it before now!

André

Brian

I didn't know the Naxos Boismortier had been boxed up. It is utterly delightful. His music is a witty, varied joy, even the CD full of stuff for five flutes.

André

I was after Boismortier's Don Quichotte, that a friend made me hear the other day. Considering the attractive price of this set, a purchase was a no-brainer.  :)

springrite

Maja S.K. Ratkje: Crepuscular Hour

Charles Gounod: Symphonien Nr.1-3

Robert Volkmann: Sämtliche Orchesterwerke (Symphonien Nr. 1 & 2; Cellokonzert a-moll op. 33; Ouvertüren "Richard III"

Ina Boyle: Symphonie Nr. 1 "Glencree"  +Violinkonzert; Ouvertüre für Orchester; Orchesterskizze "Wildgeese"; Psalm für Cello & Orchester; Variationen & Finale für Orchester "A Sea Poem"; Pastorale nach The Shepeard's Calender "Colin Clout"

Louise Farrenc: Symphonien Nr.1 & 3

Don Shirley: The Best Of Don Shirley
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

JBS

The BBC Music Magazine  June 2019 issue, with Clara on the cover  and accompanying CD
Clara Schumann Piano Trio in g minor Op 17
  Atos Trio
Robert Schumann Fantasie in C Op 17
  Lars Vogt piano
Fanny Mendelssohn Piano Trio in d minor Op 11
  London Bridge Trio

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Harry

Free shipping from JPC

Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

Christo

Quote from: André on June 12, 2019, 03:50:34 PM
As confessed oftentimes, I'm fond of this series. But the highlight for me remains the one containing two favourites: both Symhony No. 3 (1946) and especially 'No. 5', the 1962 Symphonie concertante
... music is not only an 'entertainment', nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

Que

This arrived yesterday:

[asin]B004TINSLW[/asin]
Q

Quote from: "Harry" on June 14, 2019, 11:14:22 PM
Free shipping from JPC

Time to check them out my wishlist with them.  8)

The new erato

Quote from: Christo on June 14, 2019, 11:29:29 PM
As confessed oftentimes, I'm fond of this series. But the highlight for me remains the one containing two favourites: both Symhony No. 3 (1946) and especially 'No. 5', the 1962 Symphonie concertante

agreat series of Works that truly deserve frequent airing, and vol 3 is particularly fine.

Que

And these arrived 5 minutes ago:

[asin]B008XKWAX4[/asin]
[asin]B0028Z376E[/asin]
Q

Todd

Didn't need it, but you only live once, and all that.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

TheGSMoeller

Il Giardino Armonico: La morte della Ragione -The Death of Reason

Actually bought yesterday, but already a strong contender for my favorite album of the year.

The new erato

The Death of Reason! What a perfect comment to recent goings on here......