Purchases Today

Started by Dungeon Master, February 24, 2013, 01:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vers la flamme

Quote from: Moonfish on October 14, 2019, 08:14:06 AM
A pianist I would like to explore ...

[asin]B07F7TYLPX[/asin]

That's a steal actually. I'm not familiar with Mr. Demus outside of a few lieder recordings with him as accompanist to Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau. I know he died this year. Let us know what you think.

Mirror Image

Okay, so I broke down and bought a few more recordings that looked interesting to me:

Alek Hidell

Yeah, I just couldn't resist: 30 bucks for 10 discs.

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." - Hélder Pessoa Câmara

Moonfish

Quote from: Mirror Image on October 14, 2019, 01:42:41 PM
Okay, so I broke down and bought a few more recordings that looked interesting to me:

The spirit of Sibelius still lives!!!!!    8)
"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Moonfish

Quote from: Alek Hidell on October 14, 2019, 02:32:25 PM
Yeah, I just couldn't resist: 30 bucks for 10 discs.

Umm, yes, hard to resist indeed!

*struggles with holding his paw away from the purchase button*
"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Mirror Image

Quote from: Moonfish on October 14, 2019, 02:46:28 PM
The spirit of Sibelius still lives!!!!!    8)

:P Yes, indeed!

springrite

Quote from: Mirror Image on October 14, 2019, 08:02:01 AM
No, unfortunately I don't believe anyone who post on this thread are 'cured'...

Very much like "cease fire" is "reloading time", no one is cured, indeed. I buy less now, much much less. But an occasional purchase is, if nothing else, a sign that the passion is still alive and well.
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

Mirror Image

Quote from: springrite on October 14, 2019, 03:19:19 PM
Very much like "cease fire" is "reloading time", no one is cured, indeed. I buy less now, much much less. But an occasional purchase is, if nothing else, a sign that the passion is still alive and well.

That's great to read, Paul. We've got to continue to support this music somehow!

Moonfish

Listened to Astrid Varnay earlier and became inspired enough to get a copy of this particular 1959 recording...

[asin] B003KJ8K64[/asin]
Anna Lappé

The new erato

I put together a rather large order (europadisc) in honor of Johns return:

[asin]B07VGTW8MW[/asin]
[asin]B07FSJFHKW[/asin]
[asin]B000001RXQ[/asin]
[asin]B07NHQHWVC[/asin]
[asin]B07XW6SHC5[/asin]

Moonfish

More Wagner... Schüchter's 'Das Rheingold' from 1952

[asin] B000BM3MLQ[/asin]
Anna Lappé

j winter

After spending several days going through the Bach on the Harpsichord and Bach on the Organ threads, I'm adding some more Bach to the shelves... this will make my 2nd and 3rd sets of the organ works (I've had Walcha stereo for years, and a few various singles).

The man that hath no music in himself,
Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds,
Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils.
The motions of his spirit are dull as night,
And his affections dark as Erebus.
Let no such man be trusted.

-- William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice

Mirror Image

Just bought:

I bought the Mahler for Dad and got it for a good price ($9 + 2-day shipping because I have Prime). The Dvořák/Martinů was a no-brainer.

The new erato

I wasn't aware that brains were involved (speaking of myself of course)?

Mirror Image

Quote from: The new erato on October 15, 2019, 08:02:39 AM
I wasn't aware that brains were involved (speaking of myself of course)?

:P Don't look at me. I've lost my mind 20 years ago. Perhaps even sooner than that. :D

springrite

Quote from: Mirror Image on October 15, 2019, 06:23:04 PM
:P Don't look at me. I've lost my mind 20 years ago. Perhaps even sooner than that. :D
Having nothing to lose is a wonderful thing  :D
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

Mirror Image

André

Moonfish

In a moment of splurging (it rarely happens to people posting on this thread, right?) I subscribed to this digital service last night (or rather a 7 day trial). I was a subscriber in the past, so in a sense it is like returning to a concert hall. I really like it! Btw is there a thread for digital concert halls or services here at GMG? Anybody else here that are fans of the service?

https://www.digitalconcerthall.com/en/home

On a similar note - is anybody here familiar with this service: Takt1 ?  Worthwhile to pursue?  Thoughts?
https://www.takt1.com/

I sampled a stunning Bruch VC with Hilary Hahn, Haydn's Cello Concerto with Moerk as well as Monteverdi with Gardiner at the helm. Very nice indeed!

Anna Lappé

Moonfish

Quote from: Mirror Image on October 15, 2019, 06:23:04 PM

Nah, I think you still have a brain. However, I suspect that there are some severe changes in the region affecting impulse control....   :P
Anna Lappé