Purchases Today

Started by Dungeon Master, February 24, 2013, 01:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonfish

Bruch

[asin] B017VON4QE[/asin]
"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Mirror Image

Quote from: Moonfish on October 16, 2019, 11:51:58 AM
Nah, I think you still have a brain. However, I suspect that there are some severe changes in the region affecting impulse control....   :P

:laugh:

Moonfish

"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

ritter

Just preordered from PrestoMusic (first time I've used them--high time I did so, as they are a great source of information on upcoming releases):

The Palazzeto Bru Zane's set of the complete Reynaldo Hahn songs...

...and the new Krenek CD our fellow GMGer SymphonicAddict kindly alerted us about earlier today

The new erato

Recently arrived, both of them very, very good!

[asin]B07TJKBQMW[/asin]
[asin]B07VFQN2CN[/asin]

Harry

Some follow up in regard to the BIS sale at JPC de, and others.

The Bach organ music was bought by request of my wife, it would not have been my choice.
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

Mirror Image

Music-related purchase:

[asin]0907689655[/asin]

I doubt that I'll gain much from musical examples scattered throughout the book, but there is much history written in the book as well, which will hopefully provide some useful information.

aligreto

Honegger: Symphonies 2 & 3 [von Karajan]

Mirror Image

Quote from: aligreto on October 18, 2019, 07:52:44 AM
Honegger: Symphonies 2 & 3 [von Karajan]

A great purchase. My favorite performances of both of those Honegger symphonies. I wish HvK would have recorded all of Honegger's symphonies.

aligreto

Quote from: Mirror Image on October 18, 2019, 09:05:09 AM

A great purchase. My favorite performances of both of those Honegger symphonies. I wish HvK would have recorded all of Honegger's symphonies.

Cheers. That CD has received only positive reviews here as far as I can see so I thought, therefore, that it should be in my collection. I look forward to hearing it.

Harry

Ordered today.
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

Todd

Downloads are imposing more financial pain.  (I tried streaming the Lim through Amazon, but it was clearly way too lossy to listen to.  Maybe that's how Mr Bezos and crew will force me to adopt high res streaming.)
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

Mirror Image

Just bought:

This recording came highly recommended to me by my pal, Karlo (North Star). I was rather content with the Isserlis recording on RCA, but I do love these works, so there's always room for another recording.

Daverz

Mozart: Le Nozze di Figaro, live 1962 recording from Glyndebourne

[asin] B0018J90L2[/asin]

Silvio Varviso – 1962; live mono, Glyndebourne
Glyndebourne Festival Chorus
Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
Figaro - Heinz Blankenburg
Susanna - Mirella Freni
Conte Almaviva - Gabriel Bacquier
Contessa Almaviva - Leyla Gencer
Cherubino - Edith Mathis
Marcellina - Johanna Peters
Bartolo - Carlo Cava
Basilio - Hugues Cuénod
Curzio - John Kentish
Antonio - Derick Davies
Barbarina - Maria Zeri

Mirror Image

Just bought:

Owning another performance of the Harpsichord Concerto will be great, but even greater will be hearing the other works on this disc which will be new to me sans the Falla, which I already know. :)

Que

I have a bit of a backlog....
First the 2nd hand suff I bought lastThursday at the local book & antiques market:

Q

Mirror Image

Quote from: Que on October 21, 2019, 09:43:27 AM 

That Véronique Gens disc is sublime. I believe you'll enjoy it. Do let me know what you think of that Richter disc. I've been in the market for the original piano version of Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition and he seems to be the pianist who would be right for the job.

Mirror Image

Que

Quote from: Mirror Image on October 21, 2019, 09:57:10 AM
That Véronique Gens disc is sublime. I believe you'll enjoy it.

Thanks, read a lot of good about it!

QuoteDo let me know what you think of that Richter disc. I've been in the market for the original piano version of Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition and he seems to be the pianist who would be right for the job.

The same thought crossed my mind.  :)

Q

Mirror Image