Purchases Today

Started by Dungeon Master, February 24, 2013, 01:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandryka

Quote from: "Harry" on October 18, 2019, 06:04:58 AM
Some follow up in regard to the BIS sale at JPC de, and others.

The Bach organ music was bought by request of my wife, it would not have been my choice.

I'll be interested to hear what you make of Suzuki's Sweelinck - organ and performance style.
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

Harry

Quote from: Mandryka on October 21, 2019, 12:40:18 PM
I'll be interested to hear what you make of Suzuki's Sweelinck - organ and performance style.

I expect it to arrive this week, and let you know. The samples sounded intriguing.
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

premont

Quote from: Mandryka on October 21, 2019, 12:40:18 PM

This would interest me too.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Moonfish

"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Mirror Image

I just couldn't resist any longer...

So many positive reviews of this recording here and elsewhere. The audio samples sounded wonderful. I love both of these works anyway, so it didn't take much convincing.

SymphonicAddict

Quote from: Moonfish on October 21, 2019, 07:40:54 PM
Korngold

I've heard good things about this opera. I should listen to it and the others at some moment.

Moonfish

Quote from: SymphonicAddict on October 21, 2019, 08:53:53 PM
I've heard good things about this opera. I should listen to it and the others at some moment.

It enticed me.  0:)  Check out the Naxos trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/v/OozHI61s0r8
"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

aligreto

Vaughan Williams: Symphonies Nos. 4-6 etc.

SymphonicAddict

Quote from: Moonfish on October 21, 2019, 09:07:50 PM
It enticed me.  0:)  Check out the Naxos trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/v/OozHI61s0r8

Sounds hyper-Romantic! And with organ included. I definitely liked it what I heard. It's a very promising DVD for sure.

André

I purchased the Decca recording a few weeks ago but haven't listened to it yet. The excerpts from the Naxos dvd sure whet the appetite !

vers la flamme

Quote from: Mirror Image on October 21, 2019, 10:08:34 AM
Just bought:

Enjoy! I love that Moravec plays Debussy, one of my favorite Debussy piano discs!

Moonfish

Massenet's Cendrillon

Anna Lappé

Mirror Image

Quote from: vers la flamme on October 22, 2019, 04:00:40 PM
Enjoy! I love that Moravec plays Debussy, one of my favorite Debussy piano discs!

Excellent to hear. I admire Moravec's pianism. Can't wait to hear him in Debussy works.

Harry

I put this on the order list, mainly because of Allegri's miserere, so gorgeously sung, that I felt deeply touched.
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

Mookalafalas

I'm not a big opera fan, and among opera singers Callas is not my favorite. And yet, for less than $100US, including shipping from Amazon UK, I couldn't resist.  Maybe I can learn to love her as so many (this is to you, Peter!) do.

[asin]B00KN15P56[/asin]
It's all good...

JBS

Quote from: Mookalafalas on October 23, 2019, 03:02:34 AM
I'm not a big opera fan, and among opera singers Callas is not my favorite. And yet, for less than $100US, including shipping from Amazon UK, I couldn't resist.  Maybe I can learn to love her as so many (this is to you, Peter!) do.

[asin]B00KN15P56[/asin]

If opera is dramma in musica, then Callas can be described as a performer who attempted to give equal balance to both the dramma and the musica..

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

JBS

Thread duty.  A couple of orders last week I haven't gotten around to posting here.

Part 1

Of these the only one I've played so far is the Czerny, which is delightful.

JBS

Part 2

Including, among other things, my first ever Langaard CD.

JBS

Part 3, from AmazonUS last night. 

[asin]B07P83ZP63[/asin]
[asin]B07WQ1P2K8[/asin]

Yes, that is a new Vivaldi Edition release.  There's also another installment of violin concertos to be released mid November.

SymphonicAddict

Quote from: JBS on October 23, 2019, 07:33:20 AM
Part 2

Including, among other things, my first ever Langaard CD.

Better late than never, albeit knowing your tastes, perhaps Langgaard don't be of your affections.