Quote from: 2dogs on December 05, 2019, 05:52:41 AM
I have gone over to the dark side :o.

[asin] B000000AQU[/asin]

[asin] B0128YQOF0[/asin]

[asin] B00000K2KS[/asin]

[asin] B000027EBN[/asin]

[asin] B00004TZSG[/asin]

[asin] B00005UNLM[/asin]

You certainly have! ;) But that's quite alright.

André

Crossover stuff. Jaz Coleman, founder and lead singer of the punk rock group Killing Joke has produced various such albums (symphonic Pink Floyd, symphonic Led Zeppelin) as well as writing 2 symphonies, which I have. His first symphony « Idavoll » is derivative and cinematic but I greatly enjoy it nonetheless. Here he has arranged music of The Doors for orchestra with solo violin (played by Nigel Kennedy). Should be fun to hear.

Madiel

Coupons are a device to entice former customers to return. If you keep returning of your own accord anyway, why on earth would you expect to receive a coupon? You're proving on a regular basis that a coupon is not needed to get your business.

Presto just sent me a coupon.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Brian

Quote from: Madiel on December 06, 2019, 01:53:42 AM
Coupons are a device to entice former customers to return. If you keep returning of your own accord anyway, why on earth would you expect to receive a coupon? You're proving on a regular basis that a coupon is not needed to get your business.

Presto just sent me a coupon.
Presto just sent me a coupon as well even though I'm there every 4 months  ;D

Christo

As a never-receiver of any coupon of any type, notwithstanding the purchase of a couple of thousand cds online, I now start to realize where I stand: nowhere, I'll be forced to pay full (reduced ;-) prices for each of them till the end.  :-[
... music is not only an 'entertainment', nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

The new erato

Quote from: Brian on December 06, 2019, 06:47:55 AM
I"m there twice a month and never a coupon.....  :'(

André

It seems that for some of us this is the only way to get freebies:

;D

André

I forgot: received it a couple of days ago. I'm a happy camper  :)

Madiel

Quote from: Brian on December 06, 2019, 06:47:55 AM

4 months is infrequent enough to have them on edge. Will he call? Won't he?

It's about 3 months since my last order. Their system has not lost hope of enticing me back despite the fact it's usually 1-2 years between binges for me.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Harry

Christmas shopping, and thanks for the tip Que in regards to Stimmwerck..
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

Todd

Saw the review in ClassicsToday, then saw the item at Amazon, then ordered it.  Don't need another Tristan, but will take another Tristan.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

Christo

Quote from: André on December 06, 2019, 10:26:20 AM
It seems that for some of us this is the only way to get freebies:

;D
Even those aren't available at the wrong side of the big pond.  :(
... music is not only an 'entertainment', nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

André

Quote from: Christo on December 07, 2019, 05:55:19 AM
Even those aren't available at the wrong side of the big pond.  :(

Really?  :o I thought Cracker Jack was known the world around. When you see a bad driver on the road the joke is that he got his driver's license in a box of Cracker Jack.

Harry

Well I get a free full price CD from JPC every year, but never had I a coupon. Maybe that has to do with the fact that I order more than 250 CD'S of them each year. :laugh:
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

Christo

Quote from: "Harry" on December 07, 2019, 06:25:47 AMMaybe that has to do with the fact that I order more than 250 CD'S of them each year. :laugh:
+ 1  :-\

Christo

Quote from: André on December 07, 2019, 06:00:13 AM
Really?  :o I thought Cracker Jack was known the world around. When you see a bad driver on the road the joke is that he got his driver's license in a box of Cracker Jack.
'Non Anglo-Saxon Backwardness' is our middle name; a bad driver I am myself though.  :)

Madiel

Quote from: André on December 07, 2019, 06:00:13 AM

Well, finding out about Cracker Jack has at least explained one part of a particularly obscure and strange Tori Amos lyric for me.

Introverted

Latest purchase:

[asin]B00151HZ3S[/asin]

aukhawk

Quote from: vers la flamme on December 04, 2019, 02:02:06 PM
I don't know much Britten, outside of the children's classic Purcell variations... How's this for a place to start?

I heartily recommend the Four Sea Interludes and Passacaglia as an 'easy in' to Benj
I embolden the Passacaglia because some otherwise good recordings (for example, Previn) don't include it, which is criminal.
Or some don't mention it on the sleeve but do include it (Pesek, sometimes coupled with Sinfonia da Requiem which is also a good starter piece).
I especially like Kalmar, on Pentatone - but that is a mixed CD which also includes a very good RVW 5th.

Elgar - RVW - Britten : Kalmar/Oregon SO

vers la flamme

I ended up getting the Richard Hickox Britten Requiem. I haven't heard the Requiem itself yet, but the Ballad of Heroes was really good. Looking forward to hearing the Sinfonia da Requiem and the War Requiem.