Purchases Today

Started by Dungeon Master, February 24, 2013, 01:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirror Image

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on March 04, 2021, 03:20:53 AM
Oh, nice!  :)  I suspect that your first one was of Martinu?

PD

My first one was my numero uno, Debussy. 8)

Mirror Image

Quote from: ritter on March 04, 2021, 04:42:59 AM
Or he might be like Bluebeard, and have a lot of framed photos behind the seventh door... ;)

Hah! :D

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Mirror Image on March 04, 2021, 06:13:14 AM
My first one was my numero uno, Debussy. 8)
But you have to do Martinu too!  :o
Pohjolas Daughter

Mirror Image

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on March 04, 2021, 06:35:18 AM
But you have to do Martinu too!  :o

Well, Bartók is next and then I think I'm done as my 'trifecta' would be complete. Of course, no one is stopping you from hanging Martinů on your wall. ;)

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Mirror Image on March 04, 2021, 06:50:09 AM
Well, Bartók is next and then I think I'm done as my 'trifecta' would be complete. Of course, no one is stopping you from hanging Martinů on your wall. ;)
Perhaps.  At the moment Puccini is the only composer that I have on my walls (along with a handful of opera singers and one GM from the Met).  :)
Pohjolas Daughter

Mirror Image

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on March 04, 2021, 07:29:57 AM
Perhaps.  At the moment Puccini is the only composer that I have on my walls (along with a handful of opera singers and one GM from the Met).  :)

So Puccini is your numero uno? I didn't know you were that big of an opera fan.

vandermolen

Pre-orders (April/May)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Wanderer

Biffo

vandermolen

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

JBS

Landed today.

Transit time from the UK turned out to be 18 days.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

André

I already have symphony no 1 by Menuhin (one of the best IMO) but no 2 is too expensive singly. So there.

T. D.

I've become a regular Berkshire Record Outlet customer again, after a long hiatus. Today: mostly classical, one weird jazz/improv (omitted).

ritter

Quote from: T. D. on March 06, 2021, 09:06:08 AM
I've become a regular Berkshire Record Outlet customer again, after a long hiatus. Today: mostly classical, one weird jazz/improv (omitted).
That RIAS Second Viennese School set is excellent!

As for me, just ordered from Amazon MP sellers these 3 CDs of baritone Michael Bundy performing unusual corners of the mélodie repertoire:

Florestan

Quote from: ritter on March 06, 2021, 09:42:20 AM

AFAIK, Psyche and La ballade are works for voice and orchestra.  ???
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

ritter

Quote from: Florestan on March 06, 2021, 10:05:26 AM
AFAIK, Psyche and La ballade are works for voice and orchestra.  ???
The back cover says they're offered in the "original voice and piano versions"....

Florestan

Quote from: ritter on March 06, 2021, 10:22:32 AM
The back cover says they're offered in the "original voice and piano versions"....

They appear to be right for Le ballade: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballade_du_d%C3%A9sesp%C3%A9r%C3%A9

Otoh, no relevant information about Psyche: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psych%C3%A9_(Vierne)
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

ritter

Quote from: Florestan on March 06, 2021, 10:29:20 AM

Otoh, no relevant information about Psyche: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psych%C3%A9_(Vierne)
...except for in the first sentence of the article you linked: "Psyché, op. 33 de Louis Vierne est un poème symphonique pour chant et orchestre (ou piano) sur un poème de Victor Hugo."  ;)

Florestan

Quote from: ritter on March 06, 2021, 10:40:38 AM
...except for in the first sentence of the article you linked: "Psyché, op. 33 de Louis Vierne est un poème symphonique pour chant et orchestre (ou piano) sur un poème de Victor Hugo.

Yes but the same is said about La ballade and then the clarification follows.

I have them in this incarnation:

ritter

Yes, just saw that release. Bloody expensive at the moment...let's see whether an affordable copy surfaces. Do you like it? Is it worth the expense? One is faced with such difficult questions in life... :D