Started by Dungeon Master, February 24, 2013, 01:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Que

Ordered: (not at jpc...)

The new erato

Just ordered these from various sources:

Harry

Quote from: The new erato on March 10, 2021, 10:57:34 PM
Just ordered the Supraphon box from jpc. No problem with my VISA card........

Good call! Much lovely music in that box set.
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

The new erato

And I guess John needs to buy this (which I haven't bought):

Mirror Image

Just bought:

This recording caught my eye as 1. I'm a huge fan of 20th Century ballet and 2. the ballet Pocahontas will be completely new to me.

Todd

Preordered a new Mendelssohn cycle, and picked up a grab bag of closeouts, including the first recording with a hurdy gurdy to make it into my optical disc collection.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

steve ridgway

Bought downloads of a few 1950s-70s Stockhausen works to add to the stuff I've found previously on archive.org. Presto had a very cheap download of Gruppen as part of a large compilation album.

flyingdutchman

Today, I bought a year-long subscription to Qobuz. Thus ends my purchase of cds.

Brian

Quote from: Todd on March 11, 2021, 08:09:09 AM
Preordered a new Mendelssohn cycle, and picked up a grab bag of closeouts, including the first recording with a hurdy gurdy to make it into my optical disc collection.
Manacorda uses a different edition of No. 5 with a couple surprises. If this is your first Tianwa Yang, she can do no wrong in my eyes, probably in my top five active fiddlers, and the flashier the repertoire, the better.

André

Quote from: Brian on March 11, 2021, 11:28:02 AM
Manacorda uses a different edition of No. 5 with a couple surprises. If this is your first Tianwa Yang, she can do no wrong in my eyes, probably in my top five active fiddlers, and the flashier the repertoire, the better.

Her account of the Ysaÿe sonatas is a top recommendation.

aligreto

This 4 X LP set arrived today:

I cannot remember when I last bought any vinyl - certainly more than thirteen months ago.

MusicTurner

Quote from: aligreto on March 12, 2021, 05:15:01 AM
This 4 X LP set arrived today:

I cannot remember when I last bought any vinyl - certainly more than thirteen months ago.

That's a beautiful, even inspiring cover ...

André

A 2cd set. I'll await this arrival with some trepidation. I bought it for peanuts (used, very good), but some Amazon customers warn that the discs might be defective - a manufacturing problem, it seems. I'm crossing my fingers...

André

Used to have them on lp. One of the greatest LvB sonatas disc IMO.

Schubert no 3 + an orchestral suite by Klughardt, a composer new to me.

A favourite Puccini opera with an unbeatable cast - didn't know they had recorded it.

Mirror Image

Quote from: André on March 12, 2021, 06:25:39 AM

A 2cd set. I'll await this arrival with some trepidation. I bought it for peanuts (used, very good), but some Amazon customers warn that the discs might be defective - a manufacturing problem, it seems. I'm crossing my fingers...

I'm surprised you didn't buy the Heritage box set back when it was in-print. Those recordings were, of course, all the Unicorn releases.

aligreto

Quote from: MusicTurner on March 12, 2021, 05:37:23 AM

That's a beautiful, even inspiring cover ...

Will the content match the cover? Hopefully so. All will be revealed in due course......

Que

I succumbed to temptation and rekindled my PayPal account to order these from jpc:

JBS

Quote from: Que on March 12, 2021, 04:25:00 PM
I succumbed to temptation and rekindled my PayPal account to order these from jpc:

What's this? I thought you had the set?
[Asin]B01L32LU7K[/asin]

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

vandermolen

Daniel Jones: Symphony 3 etc (Lyrita).
I decided to either buy this or the new Lyrita release of Robert Simpson symphonies 5 and 6. However, I already have the Simpson works on Hyperion and having sampled Jones's Symphony No.3 and Simpson Symphony 5 on You Tube I decided that I much preferred the Daniel Jones work:
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Que

Quote from: JBS on March 12, 2021, 05:20:38 PM
What's this? I thought you had the set?
[Asin]B01L32LU7K[/asin]

Nope, only the Monteverdi set.  :)
Too many duplications, and I'm now mopping up the remainder of the individual recordings .