Purchases Today

Started by Dungeon Master, February 24, 2013, 01:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florestan

Quote from: Traverso on April 15, 2021, 11:43:05 AM
I'm looking for that Silvestri Icon box  :)

If you don't mind digital, I can let you have it. Just PM me if interested.
Si un hombre nunca se contradice será porque nunca dice nada. —Miguel de Unamuno

The new erato

Quote from: ultralinear on April 15, 2021, 04:00:38 AM
I'm afraid this reads like so much BS to me.

When I placed an order recently with HMV Japan using a Mastercard, they (a) placed a 0.01 reservation on the card as verification (but did not take cash), then (b) removed the reservation and charged the proper cash amount when shipping.  That is a common procedure.
Yes, their answer is BS.

Traverso

Quote from: Florestan on April 15, 2021, 11:52:02 AM
If you don't mind digital, I can let you have it. Just PM me if interested.

Thank you for offering Andrei,I want the real thing,I have to be patient,that's all   :)

Florestan

And three more before going to bed (pace John!)

Si un hombre nunca se contradice será porque nunca dice nada. —Miguel de Unamuno

Florestan

Quote from: Traverso on April 15, 2021, 12:06:40 PM
Thank you for offering Andrei,I want the real thing,I have to be patient,that's all   :)

No problem, Jan, but if you ask me, the real thing is the music itself.  ;D

North Star

Noapte buna, Andrei. That is a superb recording of the Schönberg8)
(And of the Sibelius concerto, too. ;) The Tetzlaff is another good recording, I haven't heard the Batiashvili/Barenboim/Berlin but I'd be surprised if they don't merit at least a grade B.)
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Florestan

Quote from: North Star on April 15, 2021, 12:20:52 PM
Noapte buna, Andrei.

To you too, Karlo --- although don't be surprised if I'd still be around for a while tonight. That "before bed" was just a nod to John.  :D

That is a superb recording of the Schönberg8)
(And of the Sibelius concerto, too. ;) The Tetzlaff is another good recording, I haven't heard the Batiashvili/Barenboim/Berlin but I'd be surprised if they don't merit at least a grade B.)

Actually, I sampled the Schoenberg and to my surprise I quite liked (moderately) what I heard. Go figure!  :o

As for Batiashvili, I expect nothing but excellence.

Brahmsian

Florestan

Quote from: Florestan on April 15, 2021, 12:26:29 PM
To you too, Karlo --- although don't be surprised if I'd still be around for a while tonight.

And... lo and behold!  :D

TD

DavidW

Andrei that recording of Rachmaninov's piano trios is great!  I've listened to it many times in recent years.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Florestan

Quote from: DavidW on April 15, 2021, 01:11:05 PM
Andrei that recording of Rachmaninov's piano trios is great!  I've listened to it many times in recent years.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Thanks, David! Well, Rachmaninoff is in my Top Five so chances are I'll enjoy them just as much.  8)

ritter

Andrei liking Schoenberg!   ??? Il mondo alla rovescia!  ;D

TD:

I really don't need another Iberia, but sampled Olivier Chauzu's take on YouTube and was very impressed. So, before it becomes unavailable, I went for it.

Florestan

Quote from: ritter on April 15, 2021, 01:37:17 PM
Andrei liking Schoenberg!   ??? Il mondo alla rovescia!  ;D

Moderately liking him (actually, just samples of his Violin Concerto), so I guess the world is still on its usual tracks. The day I'll turn into a hardcore Schoenberg fan you can really fear the Judgment Day is near, near I tell you!  :D

ritter

Quote from: Florestan on April 15, 2021, 01:49:11 PM
Moderately liking him (actually, just samples of his Violin Concerto), so I guess the world is still on its usual tracks. The day I'll turn into a hardcore Schoenberg fan you can really fear the Judgment Day is near, near I tell you!  :D
What next? Me moderately liking Chopin:D

Good night, querido amigo.

Florestan

Florestan

Quote from: ritter on April 15, 2021, 01:52:57 PM
Good night, querido amigo.

It's going to be a long one.  :laugh:

TD:

Florestan

Now, this is really my last this night (and hat tip to Brian)

Good night, sweet folks, for good!

aukhawk

Quote from: North Star on April 15, 2021, 12:20:52 PM
Noapte buna, Andrei. That is a superb recording of the Schönberg8)

Yes but sometimes the cover image is just ... sinister.

Florestan

Quote from: aukhawk on April 15, 2021, 02:27:48 PM
Yes but sometimes the cover image is just ... sinister.

I couldn't care less about cover images. If they're good, fine, if they're bad, fine as well --- it's only the music and the music-making that counts. ;D

Traverso

Quote from: Florestan on April 15, 2021, 12:15:50 PM
No problem, Jan, but if you ask me, the real thing is the music itself.  ;D

Very true Andrei, :)