Purchases Today

Started by Dungeon Master, February 24, 2013, 01:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papy Oli

Schütz - Weinachtshistorie & Auferstehunghistorie
(Ars Nova Copenhagen, Concerto Copenhagen & Sirius Viols, Paul Hillier)

Olivier

vandermolen

::)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

vandermolen

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Mirror Image

vandermolen

Sospiri, Sinfonia da Requiem, Suite from Troilus and Cressida, Tallis Fantasia:

ritter

Redeemed a discount voucher at jpc with these two sets (which I had been eyeing for some time, and were anyway cheaper on jpc than elsewhere):

Spotted Horses

Mainly for the Diamond.

There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

vandermolen

Quote from: Spotted Horses on September 16, 2021, 08:10:19 AM
Mainly for the Diamond.

Great choice! I like all three works on that CD.

vandermolen

Quote from: ritter on September 16, 2021, 08:00:08 AM
Redeemed a discount voucher at jpc with these two sets (which I had been eyeing for some time, and were anyway cheaper on jpc than elsewhere):

I have the Chavez set which I like very much.

ritter

Quote from: vandermolen on September 16, 2021, 11:44:47 AM
I have the Chavez set which I like very much.
Good to know. I'm looking forward to these two sets. :)

Good evening to you!

Artem

How does one get these vouchers at jpc?

ritter

Quote from: Artem on September 16, 2021, 12:21:26 PM
I get them sent "out of the blue" every now and then....

TheGSMoeller

Mirror Image

I love the Hindemith SQs, but I'm not sure about that Chávez set as it's been years since I've listened to it. I do remember, however, not being thrilled with the LSO's playing. Mata, of course, was one of the great champions of Latin American music, but I find his Dorian recordings more idiomatic and rhythmically-exciting. Again, this may be a snap judgement on my part as I've said, I don't remember all of the details, but I did think at that time the LSO were out of their element.

Iota

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on September 16, 2021, 05:41:00 PM

I long regarded the Mozart on that disc as almost perfect playing. Not sure if it still holds as it's been a long time since I've heard it and tastes move on etc. Maybe time to find out.

Madiel

Quote from: Artem on September 16, 2021, 12:21:26 PM

I understand the trick is to play hard to get. "Hey, why have you stopped buying? Did we do something wrong? Have a voucher! PLEASE COME BACK!"

Please note, I have never had a voucher... I don't think I showed enough interest in the first place for them to think I have repeat customer potential.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

classicalgeek

Just made my first purchase from Europadisc, taking advantage of their Naxos sale:

I can't WAIT for this order and its 14 hours of orchestral awesomeness! Even with international shipping, I still spent less than the same three boxes from Amazon would have cost.

And I used up a couple Amazon gift cards on this order:

Part of rebuilding my core repertoire on disc. GREAT Bruckner, Brahms, and Beethoven cycles, with a Bach B minor mass thrown in for good measure.

And a couple of books to help me get back into composition:

I think the CDCDCD bug (and its sister disorder for music books) bit me again - hard! Where it stops, nobody knows...
So much great music, so little time...

Original compositions and orchestrations: https://www.youtube.com/@jmbrannigan

Traverso

You too !

The Hindemith quartets are very good and that goes for the performances too. :)

JBS

Earlier tonight via Amazon MP.

And separately

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk