Purchases Today

Started by Dungeon Master, February 24, 2013, 01:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The new erato

A few discs from presto on its way:

DavidW

André

Volume I. I've had the other volumes for some years but never got to buy the first one.

Que

Quote from: (: premont :) on September 27, 2021, 03:41:06 PM
Seems to be a respectable company. Do they accept payment via Paypal?

It does, some here are frequent customers.
I'm open to replacements of the UK retailers now Brexit is f*#$ing me (and them) over, and La Boîte might fit the part.

Apart from Belgium and Dutch direct banking schemes, which are not particularly relevant to you, creditcard or bank transfer as far as I could tell.

Mirror Image

Quote from: DavidW on September 28, 2021, 09:41:14 AM
I listened to that a few months ago, it is pretty good.

Excellent to read, Dave. 8) I have a large Feldman collection, but surprisingly, I didn't own a recording of Coptic Light. A wrong that I had to right rather quickly.

vers la flamme

Quote from: The new erato on September 28, 2021, 06:53:11 AM
A few discs from presto on its way:

That Scelsi is pretty good. It's the only disc of his in my collection. I'd love to hear more.

The new erato

It will be my first Scelsi as well.

Mirror Image

Quote from: vers la flamme on September 28, 2021, 12:41:02 PM
That Scelsi is pretty good. It's the only disc of his in my collection. I'd love to hear more.

Quote from: The new erato on September 28, 2021, 12:54:32 PM
Ot will be my first Scelsi as well.

The Stradivarius series and this box set on CD Accord are worth their weight in gold:

premont

Quote from: Que on September 28, 2021, 10:42:26 AM
It does, some here are frequent customers.
I'm open to replacements of the UK retailers now Brexit is f*#$ing me (and them) over, and La Boîte might fit the part.

Apart from Belgium and Dutch direct banking schemes, which are not particularly relevant to you, creditcard or bank transfer as far as I could tell.

Thanks, well, I made the jump and ordered the Meyerson CD from the same supplier, paying with credit card, no problems, but wisely they don't tell how long time will pass until the package arrives at me.  :-\
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Symphonic Addict

Quote from: Mirror Image on September 28, 2021, 06:33:51 AM
Stocked up on a few Feldman recordings:

Will this have to do with this pal?  ;D

Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

Symphonic Addict

Quote from: vers la flamme on September 28, 2021, 12:41:02 PM

Oh yes, wholeheartedly recommended from me too. Hymnos especially struck me like mesmerizingly powerful.
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

Symphonic Addict

Quote from: Mirror Image on September 28, 2021, 03:01:45 PM
The Stradivarius series and this box set on CD Accord are worth their weight in gold:

I'm in the process of discovering more of his oeuvre.

Noam Chomsky

André

I have a cd of another version of Antikrist. This is a dvd of a 2002 Copenhagen production. I'm crossing my fingers it will play on my dvd machine here. Always a gamble when buying on the internet... ???

Symphonic Addict

Quote from: André on September 28, 2021, 05:49:52 PM

I have a cd of another version of Antikrist. This is a dvd of a 2002 Copenhagen production. I'm crossing my fingers it will play on my dvd machine here. Always a gamble when buying on the internet... ???

A guaranteed well-invested purchase, André. The music in there is just glorious. Hopefully your DVD machine will read the disc.

Noam Chomsky

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: Symphonic Addict on September 28, 2021, 05:31:19 PM

LOL  :D
Well I did just ordered that Coptic Light recording the other day because of DH's video, I do have some Feldman recordings but this will be my first disc of this work.

Mirror Image

Quote from: Symphonic Addict on September 28, 2021, 05:31:19 PM

Oh dear! :P Well, I did watch his Feldman video and the excerpts sounded mighty fine, but I thought I already owned a recording of Coptic Light only to find out I didn't. I rectified this pretty quickly.

Mirror Image

Quote from: Symphonic Addict on September 28, 2021, 05:33:56 PM
I'm in the process of discovering more of his oeuvre.

Excellent. I think you'll find much to enjoy. 8)

Mirror Image

Bought two Adams recordings I was missing:

Plus this Adams Berliner Philharmoniker box set:

Que

Quote from: (: premont :) on September 28, 2021, 04:06:50 PM
Thanks, well, I made the jump and ordered the Meyerson CD from the same supplier, paying with credit card, no problems, but wisely they don't tell how long time will pass until the package arrives at me.  :-\

I took a gamble, but it doesn't it seem rather unlikely that they have multiple copies in stock?

Anyway, fingers crossed...  :)

premont

Quote from: Que on September 28, 2021, 10:06:52 PM
I took a gamble, but it doesn't it seem rather unlikely that they have multiple copies in stock?

Anyway, fingers crossed...  :)

Of course I was surprised to see the CD advertised still after your purchase.

Would you mind to tell me, if you receive it?
γνῶθι σεαυτόν