Purchases Today

Started by Dungeon Master, February 24, 2013, 01:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Quote from: Mirror Image on October 10, 2021, 06:47:51 AM
Where did you see this, Brian?
The download? Qobuz a few months ago. Obviously worth looking to see if the price is still low, if you have an account.

Mirror Image

Quote from: Brian on October 10, 2021, 02:49:05 PM
The download? Qobuz a few months ago. Obviously worth looking to see if the price is still low, if you have an account.

It's $8.99 now, but this is still a damn good deal:

https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/haydn-the-complete-symphonies-austro-hungarian-haydn-orchestra/0710357172229

Spotted Horses

I didn't get this because it seemed too expensive. A fools bargain.

Acquired as a lossless download.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

Mirror Image

Quote from: Spotted Horses on October 11, 2021, 01:35:21 PM
I didn't get this because it seemed too expensive. A fools bargain.

Acquired as a lossless download.

However you acquire it matters not. It's a great set. 8)

71 dB

BIG order from JPC including also 2 Blu-rays:

[asin]B075LCVR51[/asin] [asin]B07JVF7LTW[/asin] [asin]B081KQHBH2[/asin] [asin]B07GW2PG8N[/asin]

[asin]B00DROYZNE[/asin] [asin]B081WNYNT1[/asin] [asin]B003XWFLKQ[/asin]
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

vers la flamme

Quote from: 71 dB on October 12, 2021, 12:39:01 AM

That's a big haul of classical music for a guy who's burnt out on classical music  ;D I'm interested in Kuhnau and have also looked at those discs with his cantatas in the past. Curious to know what you think. I know you're a big fan of German high  baroque music, so I value your opinion.

Que

[asin]B075LCVR51[/asin] [asin]B07JVF7LTW[/asin] [asin]B081KQHBH2[/asin] [asin]B07GW2PG8N[/asin]
[asin]B00DROYZNE[/asin] [asin]B081WNYNT1[/asin]

Very nice pickings!  :)

Symphonic Addict

[asin]B00DROYZNE[/asin] [asin]B081WNYNT1[/asin] [asin]B003XWFLKQ[/asin]

It's a shame I can't visualize anything of this except the middle image. Does this tool do work correctly?
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

JBS

Quote from: Symphonic Addict on October 12, 2021, 06:48:11 PM
It's a shame I can't visualize anything of this except the middle image. Does this tool do work correctly?

It's been a while since this bug with the ASIN tag started.

If you click on the yellow Click to Buy imitation post-it, the Amazon item page will open in a new tab as it's supposed to.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Symphonic Addict

Quote from: JBS on October 12, 2021, 07:11:49 PM

If you click on the yellow Click to Buy imitation post-it, the Amazon item page will open in a new tab as it's supposed to.

Thanks, yes, it seems to be the only way to open them for me. At least they do work.
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

Mirror Image

I wish people would stop using the ASIN tags. They don't work and it's more work for others because each time you want to see the image, it opened up a new window. Anyway, I won't even bother seeing what all Poju bought unless he wants to retag them.

71 dB

Quote from: vers la flamme on October 12, 2021, 01:44:48 PM
That's a big haul of classical music for a guy who's burnt out on classical music  ;D I'm interested in Kuhnau and have also looked at those discs with his cantatas in the past. Curious to know what you think. I know you're a big fan of German high  baroque music, so I value your opinion.

Well, this is a way to do something about the burnout. I will probably listen to these slowly taking months, a couple of CDs a month. The burnout is more about the way I approach classical music than the amount of listening. I want to find the correct way again, make classical music fun again rather than a burden.

Kuhnau deserves to be seen as more than just a predesessor of J. S. Bach. Even I am new to Kuhnau, but the last decade has been kind of a "Kuhnau revival" so now there is a way to actually explore this composer beyond a few works here and there. Imo the best German baroque cantatas before J. S. Bach were wrote by Nikolaus Bruhns followed by Buxtehude. Tunder's Cantatas (those I have explored so far) don't have the amazing expressiveness and colour of Bruhns. Tunder seems more traditional, but the music appears technically skilled. There is something in these Cantatas that have clearly influenced J. S. Bach and this explains why Bach's Cantatas don't remind more the Cantatas of Buxtehude/Bruhns.

Overall the availability of German baroque between Schütz and Bach has exploded during the last 2 decades. Just 20 years ago it was pain in the ass to find recordings of these composers, but nowadays that's not the case when label's like CPO are releases these composers like there was no tomorrow! I could have made 2-3 bigger order easily. :P

71 dB

Quote from: Que on October 12, 2021, 01:47:35 PM
Very nice pickings!  :)

Thanks!

Oh. It works for me. The "middle" pic, Weckmann I suppose is differently linked. My order contains:

Kuhnau - Cantatas 3 - CPO
Kuhnau - Cantatas 4 - CPO
Kuhnau - Cantatas 5 - CPO
Fasch - Missa in G - CPO
Weckmann - Complete Organ Works - CPO
J. S. Bach - Motets - CPO
J. S. Bach - Keyboard Concertos 1 - Hewitt - Hyperion
Didone abbandonata - Cantatas and Arias - CPO

71 dB

I wasn't aware of this bug...  ???

How can one click the post-it imitation, if one doesn't see the pics at all?

71 dB

Quote from: Mirror Image on October 12, 2021, 07:47:45 PM
I wish people would stop using the ASIN tags. They don't work and it's more work for others because each time you want to see the image, it opened up a new window. Anyway, I won't even bother seeing what all Poju bought unless he wants to retag them.

I'm sorry if I'm doing somethign wrong. I have been doing this for years. What is this "retag" you talk about?

For me the ASIN tags work fine (using Safari 15). The only problem I have is with Amazon not having picture files of every item so that's why I had to "hotlink" the Weckmann.

Spotted Horses

Nothing wrong with the posting that I can see. All of the images appear using either Safari or Firefox.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

The new erato

But not in Chrome or Edge unfortunately. Not he fault of the poster, but it is the way it is.

Mirror Image

Quote from: 71 dB on October 13, 2021, 02:24:07 AM
I'm sorry if I'm doing somethign wrong. I have been doing this for years. What is this "retag" you talk about?

For me the ASIN tags work fine (using Safari 15). The only problem I have is with Amazon not having picture files of every item so that's why I had to "hotlink" the Weckmann.

As Erato pointed out, it's probably the browser I'm using: Google Chrome. I stopped using Safari weeks ago after Apple had issued an update for it, which has caused it to act up on certain sites, especially financial ones and eBay (for some reason). Here's the kicker: they offered another Safari update to hopefully fix the bugs, but the browser is still acting up. Nothing I can do about it, but I've been enjoying Chrome.

Mirror Image

Bought these yesterday:

ritter

Ah, that explain's the sudden upswing in Iceland's GDP...  ;D